Chick Lit Book Club discussion

The Next Thing on My List
This topic is about The Next Thing on My List
2010 Book Archive > 2/2010: The Next Thing on My List: Chapters 21 - 26

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cathy (cgraceh) | 539 comments I hope this book has made everyone think a little about the what ifs, the future and the present. More importantly, I hope you all had fun reading this novel! It was my first book by Jill Smolinski and I really enjoyed it. That being said, on with the last questions:

1. Why do you think the author had June complete someone else's life list and not write it as someone completing her own?

2. Which items on the list were most challenging to June? Which would you have had the hardest time completing? Did any appeal to you?

3. Several of the items on the list were open to interpretation - do you think June did it in a way that Marissa would have liked? What other ways might she have completed some of the tasks on the list?

4. By the end of the book, June feels that she changed. What do you think had the biggest impact on her transformation?

5. Did anything surprise you about the book? June? The ending? Feel free to discuss any other thoughts or reflections you want to include here.

Jencey/ (Jencey) | 409 comments 4. I think for June just completing the list for someone else taught her something about herself. Most importantly she learned to take risks and step out and do things she never would have done before.

I did enjoy this book especially towards the end. I am still thinking about my life list.

Emily (teaandscribbles) | 129 comments 1. I think that doing someone else list allowed June to grown more as a character and helped in keeping the plot moving since the list was up for some interpretation.

2. Due to June not being Marissa and knowing Marrissa that well she did have to interpret what she could. Marrissa probably would have done some different, but I think she would approved of how June accomplished them all.

Ashley I liked that the list had some interpretation to it... It allowed June to make it her own, but still keeping in the spirit of the list.

unread topics | mark unread