Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

Comments (showing 301-350 of 2,532) (2532 new)    post a comment »

message 301: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 10937 comments cough medicine lol

I used to have a joke back in my young and semi-wild days that Peppermint Schnapps was my cough medicine.

message 302: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 16104 comments ☺ Works for me!

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 1495 comments I bought some Peppermint Schnappes when I was sick with a cold. Worked great in my hot chocolate. Cleared up my sinus'... great stuff and didn't give me the night terrors that NyQuil does.

message 304: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 16104 comments All the latest scientific studies say that at the first sign of a cold you should gargle with salt water (to shrink the mucus in your throat), drink plenty of fluids, and to do something to open your sinuses! I think a shot of PS is better than one of those nosey things.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 1495 comments I hate, hate, hate sore throats. I'd rather be puking my guts up than have a sore throat.

message 306: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 10937 comments hmm, so I need a bottle of schnapps. Cool. lol

message 307: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 10937 comments finally got me a vehicle. Yea!!! It's an older van - 2003 Toyota Sienna. But I'm lovin' it! For those who don't know - I haven't had a vehicle since last summer. My transmission went out. So now I can go places when hubby is working ☺

message 308: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 1495 comments YAY!!!!

message 310: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 16104 comments Pamela's prior method of getting around:
description
www.house-mouse.com

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 1495 comments Hey, that kinda looks like me in my wheelchair!!!!!

CaroB (CarobSimms) Congrats on the new car, Pamela!

message 313: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 16104 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Hey, that kinda looks like me in my wheelchair!!!!!"

Yes, that's you, Dhes, with the flower (of course) - even if it isn't a rose.

Glad you've gone from one wheel to four, Pamela!

message 314: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 10937 comments lol.... Too far to town for that. I was home bound.

Julianna (AuthorJuliannaD) | 459 comments Congrats on the new vehicle, Pamela!

message 316: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 10937 comments tks Julie ☺

message 317: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 10937 comments I am attempting to "organize" my ebooks. HA! I'm writing the info down in a notebook so I can be a good little librarian and check info with what is there. I've been working on it for a few hours and I'm on the Bs. hahaha. May be a long project for me.

message 318: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 16104 comments Good luck, Pamela!

message 319: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 10937 comments tks I need all the luck I can get ☺

Julianna (AuthorJuliannaD) | 459 comments Have you thought about using something like LibraryThing, Pamela? I got on there before GR, and I really like the way it organizes my books with minimal effort from me.

CaroB (CarobSimms) I would also recommend using calibre for your ebooks. I've been using it since the beginning of 2010 and have over 1400 ebooks catalogued through it. It can also link to Goodreads so that you only have to update one and it syncs with the other.

message 322: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 10937 comments I have caliber and it's great but instead of going back and forth from viewing the books and entering info, I decided to write it down. But I haven't figured out if you can print in caliber so I need a log to check the info here at GRs also.

I think I looked at LibraryThing but decided not to do it or maybe I did and forgot. Who knows lol

message 323: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 10937 comments Just read that Davie Jones, of The Monkees, died. In Florida of a heart attack according to the article. I had such a crush on him way back when. He was 66 yrs young.

[image error]

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 1495 comments I was sooooooooooooooo in love with him, too!!! So sad :(

message 325: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (last edited Feb 29, 2012 09:48PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 16104 comments Me too! Especially since he was my height back then. ☺ Why this made a difference to me, I don't know. I watched every episode of that show upteen times.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 1495 comments This is true, I swear!

I don't know if you ladies know this or not, but in the early 1900s, I believe, a doctor decided that women suffering from melancholy, or outbursts of anger, were suffering from Hysteria. Anyway, it was decided that orgasms could help cure "hysteria" and so he started treating the 'illness' with the first battery/electrical dildos.

Anyway, May 18th a movie called Hysteria is coming out and it looked HYSTERICAL! I plan to go see it!

Check this trailer -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZAxFL...

message 327: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 10937 comments OMG!!!! hahahahahahaha I just watched the trailer. lol. The things they will make movies about. Sorry but I will NOT be taking my daughter to that one. At least not 'til she's about 25 or so...

message 328: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 16104 comments FOFLMAO! Oh. My. Goddess! I'm going to see that one, LOL! I like the lady that breaks out in song.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 1495 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "FOFLMAO! Oh. My. Goddess! I'm going to see that one, LOL! I like the lady that breaks out in song."

Totally!!!!

My daughter is 21, so damn straight I'm taking her with me. I need someone to push my wheelchair and I WILL NOT take my husband!

message 330: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 10937 comments lol 21 is not the same as 11. Let me know how it is.

message 331: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 16104 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "lol 21 is not the same as 11. Let me know how it is."

Certainly not! LOL!

CaroB (CarobSimms) Oh that was a complete crack up!! I'll have to have a girls night out with some friends to see that one, and maybe stop at a chocolate restaurant afterwards, just to complete the experience *grin*

message 333: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 16104 comments Oh, yes! Definitely chocolate afterwards! LOL!

message 334: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 10937 comments yummmmmm, chocolate ☺

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 1495 comments I was looking for a "Chit Chat" type thread but couldn't find one. OYE! What's up with that?

So I made one :)

Then I deleted it when Pamela linked me to this one :)

Anyway....

These videos are cute! I can't wait to show my grandsons.

http://www.youtube.com/v/mgCIKGIYJ1A
http://www.youtube.com/v/gBnvGS4u3F0
http://www.youtube.com/v/LuVPnW0s3Vo

message 336: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 10937 comments I love those vids. SOOOOOOOO cute! Thanks for sharing.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 1495 comments Aren't they adorable!!!!!

You're welcome!

message 338: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 10937 comments yes really adorable. Really really adorable!

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 1495 comments khekhekhekhekhe

message 340: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 10937 comments lol

message 341: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 16104 comments Realllllllly adorable! LOL!

message 342: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 10937 comments Really really excited!

I went to Walmart today and was passing by the books when I saw that Born of Silence (The League, #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon was out. I never buy hardbacks but I really really wanted this one so I forked out the $18 and change and got it.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 1495 comments Oooh, I hope you love it!

message 344: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 16104 comments It really looks good, Pamela! LOL!

message 345: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 10937 comments I've loved the series so far. ☺

message 346: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 16104 comments But do you really love it?

message 347: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 10937 comments Really!

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 1495 comments My friend posted this in another group. It's a Saturday Night Live mock Mother's Day amazon advertisement for 50 Shades of Grey - FUNNY!!!!!!!!

http://www.gossipcop.com/fifty-shades...

message 349: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 10937 comments OMG so funny. lol I mean REALLY funny.

message 350: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 16104 comments Realllllly funny! LOL!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Faeries Gone Wild (other topics)
Wicked Intentions (other topics)
Every Chance I Get (other topics)
The Naughty List (other topics)
Nearly a Lady (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Maggie Osborne (other topics)
Shel Silverstein (other topics)
Charles M. Schulz (other topics)