Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

HEA in Movies > HEA in SciFi/Fantasy

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 11578 comments OK I realize these are 2 different genres but I'm lumping them together anyway :)
So what are your favorite SciFi/Fantasy romantic movies?
I would say Lord of the Rings trilogy and the original Star Wars trilogy.

message 2: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 11578 comments Willow
Independence Day
Stargate
Transformers
Wall-E
Ladyhawke
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Night at the Museum

message 3: by Nisha (new)

Nisha (parakisu) | 7 comments Underworld (a bit of paranormal romance, especially in number 2)
Resident Evil (It has some underlying romance, like deep connection or survival or something)
Matrix (Trin and Neo)
The One (with Jet Li and someone white - no offense to those who are, I just don't know her name)

message 4: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 11578 comments Carla Gulina?

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 146 comments Supernova
The Fifth Element
Blade Runner
Immortal

message 6: by Lynsey A (new)

Lynsey A (LovesDarcy) | 111 comments Oooh, I second Willow! I love Val Kilmer. I'm such a dork about that movie that the phrase "I am the greatest swordsman that ever lived." is my text message notification on my phone. :-)

When I was younger, during the summer vacation one year, I watched Willow every morning. I was that in love with Val Kilmer. LOL

I used to know the entire scene where Mad Martigan and Sorcia are on the horse riding to Terrez Lean (no idea how to spell that). Need to watch that again.

LadyHawke - definitely! Another one of my favorites.

Fifth Element - yes!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 146 comments Gosh, Lynsey. We really are long-lost sisters. I was so obsessed with Willow, and Val Kilmer. I liked him as a brunet much better.

message 8: by Lynsey A (new)

Lynsey A (LovesDarcy) | 111 comments Goodness, that is scary! But in a good way! :-) Oh yeah, he was sexy hot in that movie. Yummy! However, his chiseled jawline in Top Gun? Wowzer! The volleyball scene? *sigh* Absolutely droolworthy!

I've become less obsessive about Willow and Val Kilmer but it is still a good movie to watch.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 146 comments Yes, same here. I should probably pull that out and watch it.

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 25, 2010 01:03AM) (new)

Ladyhawke is such a gorgeous movie. Don't you love Rutger Hauer in it? So broody and Nordic.

Does anyone remember a movie called Legend? With a VERY young Tom Cruise? I love it.

I know it's not a romance per se, but Labyrinth is one of my favourite movies to watch when I'm in a romantic sort of mood. And the Goblin King IS kind of in love with Sarah.

The 5th Element is wonderful.

I love the HEA in the Matrix.

And this one is odd, but Practical Magic has one of the best screen kisses ever, IMO, between Sandra Bullock and Aidan Quinn. Plus the book is all kinds of lovely.

message 11: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 11578 comments I do remember Legend :) nice one
liked Labyrinth too
haven't seen the others. may check em out

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 146 comments Practical Magic book and movie are wonderful.

unread topics | mark unread