Witches, Weres, and Vamps, Oh MY! discussion

Comments (showing 1-25 of 25) (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Book Huntress (new)

Book Huntress (BookHuntress) | 12 comments I love my Black Dagger Brotherhood, but like all great series and authors they can only write so fast, SO anyone know of any series like BDB????

message 2: by Allison (new)

Allison (AliMac) What about the series do you enjoy the most?

message 3: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (Boban) | 1166 comments Mod
If you like the tormented guys finding salvation I think you'll like Gena Showalter's Lord's of the Underworld series. The first book is The Darkest Night. It's the only one I've read so far but I remember feeling it was very similar to BDB while reading it. From what I understand each book is about a different person, though someone else will have to confirm that since I've only read one.

message 4: by Book Huntress (new)

Book Huntress (BookHuntress) | 12 comments Hmmmm... good question, I love the brothers themselves - how they are strong and forceful yet passionate. I like the storyline. I like the UF feel of it, even though I guess it is technically a PNR...

Not sure if it will help but I also like LKH's series, both Anita & Merry. I've read a few Kelly Armstrong and like those, they are no BDB but I do like them.

Does that help???

message 5: by Book Huntress (new)

Book Huntress (BookHuntress) | 12 comments Hmmmm... good question, I love the brothers themselves - how they are strong and forceful yet passionate. I like the storyline. I like the UF feel of it, even though I guess it is technically a PNR...

Not sure if it will help but I also like LKH's series, both Anita & Merry. I've read a few Kelly Armstrong and like those, they are no BDB but I do like them.

Does that help???

message 6: by Megan (new)

Megan Night Huntress Series by Jeaneine Frost is great. I read them when I finished BDB. I can't wait til Lover Mine comes out!

message 7: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mlsimmons) I love the BDB. Have you read her Fallen Angels book, Covet? I do not think it is as good BDB, but still good.

I would try a few of these authors that I have enjoyed (in no particular order):
LKH (my personal favorite)
Patricia Briggs
Kelley Armstrong
Kim Harrison
Jenna Black
Jeaniene Frost
Stacia Kane
Karen Chance
Rachel Vincent
Christine Warren

I am currently looking for some new books as well (though there are several are coming out in late Feb and early March). I would like suggestions also.

message 8: by Audrey (new)

Audrey Cook Kolbek (audreykol) The Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrain is similar to BDB, but nothing can be compared to them. :)
The first book, like more series, is not the great, but the other books are really good.

message 9: by Book Huntress (new)

Book Huntress (BookHuntress) | 12 comments yes I have Covet, thought it was OK - not as good as I has hoped but it has potential...

Thansk for the recommendations so far, keep 'em coming...

message 10: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) It is not similar to BDB but one of my alltime fav series is still the Riley Jensen series by Keri Arthur!

message 11: by Deanne (new)

Deanne I have to say I loved BDB, but I really did not like Covet!! If I am being honest, I still have maybe 5 chapters left and I have no desire to finish it! It also has taken me many months to get that far, and I normally finish a book in 2 days on average.

I also loved Riley Jenson!!!

message 12: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (MsPennyDreadful) | 3 comments Maybe Kresley Cole Immortals After Dark Series.

(you may have to slog through the first one, which wasnt my favorite, but there are definately some winners in it)

message 13: by Rayna (new)

Rayna Jennifer "Book Huntress" wrote: "I love my Black Dagger Brotherhood, but like all great series and authors they can only write so fast, SO anyone know of any series like BDB????"

Lara Adrian - Midnight breed series is very similar to bdb. The authors write the same and the books follow the same kind of pattern. all of the books are excellent so far im on the last one as we speak.

message 14: by new_user (last edited Mar 18, 2010 12:58AM) (new)

new_user I think the Demonica series by Larissa Ione is the closest, good series I know to the BDB in that it is also about a group of fierce brothers who have fascinating relationships with each other and are not afraid to trash talk one another. It's quite different otherwise though. Ione's tone is a little bit less angsty, more sarcastic, rough and ready. The brothers are incubi (yes, much heat) and they founded a hospital for demons (it's not about the hospital, LOL). Many muscles and adventures, LOL. And they also have the "my mate" thing going on.

message 15: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (Boban) | 1166 comments Mod
I recently finished the 2nd Demonica book. Definately a great series! I'm going to have to second new_user's recommendation :)

message 16: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mlsimmons) I am on the waiting list at the library for the first book. Been waiting a while. I cannot wait to read it. Hope it will not be much longer.

message 17: by new_user (new)

new_user LOL. Darn those waiting lists. Hope you enjoy it, Melanie! :)

message 18: by Deanne (new)

Deanne The Feral Warriors reminded alot of BDB. the first I think is Desire Untamed they are by Pamala Palmer. There are 3 out now with the 4th coming out over teh summer

message 19: by Silvia (new)

Silvia     (pulgita2001) I really enjoyed Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian. I'm on the 6th book Ashes of Midnight. They have all been fabulous. I defenitly recommend them. Good story lines, wonderful charecters and sexy love seens. What's not to like.

message 20: by Kristine (new)

Kristine  Dow (kivancic01) | 2 comments Silvia wrote: "I really enjoyed Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian. I'm on the 6th book Ashes of Midnight. They have all been fabulous. I defenitly recommend them. Good story lines, wonderful charecters and sex..."

I would highly recommend the MB series as well. Not the same as the brothers but definitely worth the read. Those warriors know how to worm their way into your hearts. Another awesome series would be Demonica by Larissa Ione.

message 21: by Zainab (new)

Zainab | 20 comments I haven't actually read BDB, but from what I've heard of it, it might be kind of like the Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon (I think that's how you spell it..) They're pretty bloody good.

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_anne) | 60 comments Another series that might be along the same lines... Alexandra Ivy's Guardian of Eternity series. It begins with When Darkness Comes (Guardians of Eternity, #1) by Alexandra Ivy.

message 23: by Angie (new)

Angie Another series that you might enjoy is the Nightwalkers by Jacquelyn Frank.

message 24: by Kiersten (new)

Kiersten Fay (KierstenFay) | 16 comments Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series is pretty close to the BDB series. Not the first one of course, the series actually starts with book two...I know, odd right? I didn't get it either, but you might like that series.

Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter, #0.5 Prequel) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2) (Were-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Dance With The Devil (Dark-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Angie (Mind Malfunction) (angieerickson) | 2 comments The Midnight Breed Series by Lara Adrian and the Demonica Series by Larissa Ione are very similar to the Black Dagger Brotherhood. Both include a group of brothers or brotherhood that fight together for their race against an evil enemy.

Midnight Breed by Lara Adrian
Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2) by Lara Adrian Midnight Awakening (Midnight Breed, #3) by Lara Adrian Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed, #4) by Lara Adrian Veil of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #5) by Lara Adrian Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #6) by Lara Adrian Shades of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #7) by Lara Adrian Taken by Midnight (Midnight Breed, #8) by Lara Adrian Deeper Than Midnight (Midnight Breed, #9) by Lara Adrian Darker After Midnight (Midnight Breed, #10) by Lara Adrian

Demonica by Larissa Ione
Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) by Larissa Ione Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica, #4) by Larissa Ione Sin Undone (Demonica, #5) by Larissa Ione

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Deeper Than Midnight (other topics)
Darker After Midnight (other topics)
The Darkest Night (other topics)
When Darkness Comes (other topics)
Fantasy Lover (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lara Adrian (other topics)
Kresley Cole (other topics)
Alexandra Ivy (other topics)