Percy and the Olympians #1 FANS discussion

All about the books > Other books like Percy Jackson?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 69) (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Javier (new)

Javier Martinez (jmartcougar) | 5 comments Hi I am almost finished with the Percy Jackson series and was wondering what other books are similar to this genre. I have already read Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Artemis Fowl series any others I might look into? Thank You!

message 2: by Muna (new)

Muna (moongloom09) | 32 comments I wouldn't know. But there's one I really liked. I think you will too. It's called Maximum Ride by James Patterson. It's about a girl named Maximum Ride (Max for short) and her "flock" of six. She's 14 yrs old, by the way. Enjoy.

message 3: by Tigerlily (new)

Tigerlily | 26 comments I agree, Max Ride is a great series. And another good one is The Companian's Quartet by Julia Golding. The first is called Secret of the Sirens.

message 4: by Javier (new)

Javier Martinez (jmartcougar) | 5 comments Thanks I will look into these please post if you know of any more!

message 5: by Molly (new)

Molly (daleksinwonderland) | 207 comments This isn't really similar but a really good series is the Hunger Games trilogy. If at first you read the back or inside cover and it seems like a girly book it's NOT. It has romance and action.
(I'm not trying to be sexist or anything)

message 6: by Javier (new)

Javier Martinez (jmartcougar) | 5 comments Molly wrote: "This isn't really similar but a really good series is the Hunger Games trilogy. If at first you read the back or inside cover and it seems like a girly book it's NOT. It has romance and action.
(I..."

thanks for the recommendation it has really great reviews on amazon can't wait to get started!

message 7: by Opal (new)

Opal Koboi (TheAskTheAswer) | 6 comments The City of Masks, The Bartimaeus Trilogy, Evil Genius, and the Knife of Never Letting go are also really really good books. Alex Rider series is also great. I agree with MOlly, too, because I love that series!! The Knife of Never letting go is really suspenseful, Evil Genius is like Artemis Fowl but very different, THe City of Masks is a nice, interesting book, and the Bartimaeus trilogy is really funny and interesting and I love it.

message 8: by Meagan (new)

Meagan (flwurmeagan) oh.my.gods. by uhh...someone? oh its tera lynn childs. its about demigods too but its more for girls.

message 9: by Molly (new)

Molly (daleksinwonderland) | 207 comments Oooh I read that it was wicked good.

message 10: by Sydney (new)

Sydney | 107 comments you shuld read fablehaven

message 11: by Molly (new)

Molly (daleksinwonderland) | 207 comments What's it about? I think I've heard of it...

message 12: by Aislinn (last edited Feb 13, 2010 07:15AM) (new)

Aislinn (♥♥aislinn♥♥) | 4 comments the mortal instruments series are great too.. city of bones, city of ashes and city of glass...!!

message 13: by Sydney (new)

Sydney | 107 comments fable haven is super good its about basically a magical preserve but its better there about 350-600 pages long and i think there are 5 books

message 14: by Javier (last edited Feb 13, 2010 09:36AM) (new)

Javier Martinez (jmartcougar) | 5 comments Opal wrote: "The City of Masks, The Bartimaeus Trilogy, Evil Genius, and the Knife of Never Letting go are also really really good books. Alex Rider series is also great. I agree with MOlly, too, because I love..."

I started reading the Bartimaeus Trilogy but I never really got into it. I mean it had all the elements of a fantasy novel but it was just confusing at times. I will have to give it another try though thanks!

message 15: by Sydney (new)

Sydney | 107 comments ive never read it

message 16: by Molly (new)

Molly (daleksinwonderland) | 207 comments Opal wrote: "The City of Masks, The Bartimaeus Trilogy, Evil Genius, and the Knife of Never Letting go are also really really good books. Alex Rider series is also great. I agree with MOlly, too, because I love..."

I've heard about Alex Rider, but I wasn't sure I wanted to read it because it seems like a guy book. What's the first one in the series?

message 17: by Sydney (new)

Sydney | 107 comments yeah i am so happy im going to see the movie in a hour

message 18: by Molly (new)

Molly (daleksinwonderland) | 207 comments UGH lucky! I have to wait until tomorrow

message 19: by Sydney (new)

Sydney | 107 comments I loved the movie but it was nothing like the book

message 20: by Molly (new)

Molly (daleksinwonderland) | 207 comments I'm going to the movie in....7 hours and 32 minutes!!!!

message 21: by Sydney (new)

Sydney | 107 comments well its been long enough how did you lik the smoveie

message 22: by Molly (new)

Molly (daleksinwonderland) | 207 comments It...was...EPIC!

message 23: by Sydney (new)

Sydney | 107 comments ha

message 24: by Opal (new)

Opal Koboi (TheAskTheAswer) | 6 comments Molly wrote: "Opal wrote: "The City of Masks, The Bartimaeus Trilogy, Evil Genius, and the Knife of Never Letting go are also really really good books. Alex Rider series is also great. I agree with MOlly, too, b..."
It seemed like a guy series at first to me too, but I think it appeals to both genders. I really got into the book and,I know it sound silly but I even cried at the end of one of the books. The first book is stormbreaker. There was a movie of it but it wasn't too good so you mat not have heard of it. And for the bartimaeus trilogy, I actually started the book last yet but I go bored of it. I recently startedreading it again and had a hard time really getting into the book,but I think it will pay off if you continue reading because the second and third books are great.If it's just too boring, you don't have to read it though.

message 25: by Opal (new)

Opal Koboi (TheAskTheAswer) | 6 comments Sorry, I wrote one sentence wrong I wanted to say that I read the book last year and got bored of it.

Amelia, the pragmatic idealist (aeimaginer12) there's this other series I've heard of called the KRONOS Chronicles or whatever...I think it's supposed to be about mythology too

message 27: by Javier (new)

Javier Martinez (jmartcougar) | 5 comments Amelia*annabeth&percy*sittin in a tree* wrote: "there's this other series I've heard of called the KRONOS Chronicles or whatever...I think it's supposed to be about mythology too "

OOh the name Kronos just sounds fun maybe because of kronos in percy jackson thanks for the recommendation its got really great reviews its called The Cabinet of Wonders: The Kronos Chronicles: Book I

message 28: by Sydney (new)

Sydney | 107 comments oh yeah

message 29: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Canning i read that book.

message 30: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Canning the cabinet of wonders

message 31: by Molly (new)

Molly (daleksinwonderland) | 207 comments Opal wrote: "Molly wrote: "Opal wrote: "The City of Masks, The Bartimaeus Trilogy, Evil Genius, and the Knife of Never Letting go are also really really good books. Alex Rider series is also great. I agree with..."

Thank you! Now I really want to read it :D

message 32: by Riley (last edited Mar 17, 2010 12:36PM) (new)

Riley (lihingmui) You should read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It's about a girl named Katniss who volenteered to go into the Arena in her sister's place. In the Arena she has to kill the 23 other tributes to win. Plus, she has to pull off a "star crossed lovers" act with Peeta. (The boy tribute from District 12[12 Districts, District 13 was blown off the map, and their leaders, the Capitol who host the games find it amusing watching the games:])

message 33: by Realnapster (new)

Realnapster | 3 comments Riley wrote: "You should read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It's about a girl named Katniss who volenteered to go into the Arena in her sister's place. In the Arena she has to kill the 23 other tributes t..."
That is a fantastic book! Catching Fire (the second book in the series) was really good too, but i liked The Hunger Games better

Amelia, the pragmatic idealist (aeimaginer12) and MOCKINGJAY comes out in august :]

message 35: by Realnapster (new)

Realnapster | 3 comments i know im so excited!! its too long to wait!

message 36: by Fox (new)

Fox  (kitsune-haku) Meagan. With an A. wrote: "oh.my.gods. by uhh...someone? oh its tera lynn childs. its about demigods too but its more for girls."

sweet! that sounds awesome!

message 37: by Karis (new)

Karis (alohakaris) | 15 comments This series isn't that related but I enjoyed reading it. It's the Alex Rider series. Hope it helped at least a little bit.

message 38: by Nightshade, Brick! Brick! Brick! Brick! Brick! Brick! Brick! IT'S FUN! (new)

Nightshade | 704 comments Mod
The Hunger Games isn't much like PJO, but it's AMAZING. :D

message 39: by Fox (new)

Fox  (kitsune-haku) My friends have been telling me to read them. I havent gotten around to it yet..

♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 74 comments I love Gregor the Overlander it is really actiony. You might find it really wierd at first but you'll love it afterward.

♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 74 comments Nightshade wrote: "The Hunger Games isn't much like PJO, but it's AMAZING. :D"

Agreed

message 42: by Krizzia (new)

Krizzia (krizziasis527) | 4 comments Secrets of the Immortal: Nicholas Flamel Series. AWESOME! :D

♫♥Selena♥♫ (wertyiu102) | 163 comments I like Fablehaven too. Action packed and awesome.

Have you guy's heard of a series called Ranger's Apprentice? It's great. 10 books. i hear you're supposed to read 7 before you read 6.

message 44: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 3 comments theres this book called the magic theif. itz abt a 12 yr old boy named conn who stseals a sorrcerers stone, and later becomes the sorrercers apprentice. itz soooooooooo cool

message 45: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 3 comments Sydney wrote: "you shuld read fablehaven "

i had to read tht for skool, i didnt really read it

message 46: by Pimmy♥S. (new)

Pimmy♥S. Molly wrote: "This isn't really similar but a really good series is the Hunger Games trilogy. If at first you read the back or inside cover and it seems like a girly book it's NOT. It has romance and action.
(I..."

Wowwwwww! You make me die for reading this series!
I just watched the movie last week.
Have you seen it yet? Molly.

message 47: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 3 comments Pimmy wrote: "Molly wrote: "This isn't really similar but a really good series is the Hunger Games trilogy. If at first you read the back or inside cover and it seems like a girly book it's NOT. It has romance a..."

im sooo jelous, im not able to go until easter

message 48: by Manser (new)

Manser | 1 comments Vladimir Tod..... Anyone?

message 49: by Stephen (new)

Stephen | 1 comments if you really liek the thrills of science-fiction / fantisty then you should really check out the Pendragon series it is a Great series and i have read the whole series

message 50: by Jill (new)

Jill Lee | 1 comments Definitely more like Hunger Games, and definitely more for girls, The Selection by Kiera Cass, The Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie, and just a dystopian fiction book, the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth.

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread