For The L♥ve of Reading discussion

2010 Threads *Old* > What are you reading right now?

Comments (showing 251-300 of 831) (831 new)    post a comment »

message 251: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (HeatherBenson) *LeONor*PapeRDoLL[[likesTweedleduM:]] wrote: "im finally reading 13 reasons why"

I really want to read that but my friend keeps forgeting to bring it so I can read it :(

message 252: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (HeatherBenson) I'm currently reading Beautiful Creatures.

message 253: by Katie (new)

Katie Victoria (thisisarcadia) | 2 comments I'm reading Alice's adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. Also, Brixton Beach but I have to say Alice in Wonderland is far, far better.

message 254: by Stray, follow us on Twitter! (new)

Stray (andrez-ssi) | 668 comments Mod
Heather wrote: "I really want to read that but my friend keeps forgeting to bring it so I can read it :("

u cant let her forget it soo good

message 255: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** Heather wrote: "*LeONor*PapeRDoLL[[likesTweedleduM:]] wrote: "im finally reading 13 reasons why"

I really want to read that but my friend keeps forgeting to bring it so I can read it :("

Yeah I agree with Leonor. I really enjoyed reading this I actually bought it. Now I have a list of co-workers waiting on reading it too.

message 256: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** I am close to finishing Pretties and will be going to the library this afternoon. So I will get a new book to start after. I have been told to get something to read by Judy Blume cause I can't ever remember reading anything by her and apparently she is a must read author.

message 257: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (HeatherBenson) *LeONor*PapeRDoLL wrote: "Heather wrote: "I really want to read that but my friend keeps forgeting to bring it so I can read it :("

u cant let her forget it soo good"

I might just end up buying it I think.

message 258: by Stray, follow us on Twitter! (new)

its really cool, i just finished and i made my mom read it...

message 259: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** I will be finishing Pretties and starting Lovely bones today!!

message 260: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (HeatherBenson) **Carla** wrote: "I will be finishing Pretties and starting Lovely bones today!!"

I really liked Lovely Bones, it's really sad though.

message 261: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** yeah I have seen the movie already so I know what the story line is but of course I always find the book better than the movie.

message 262: by Chantelle (new)

Chantelle (Chantelle13) | 7 comments I'm reading Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China for myself, and I just started The Wednesday Sisters for a book club.

message 263: by [deleted user] (new)

**Carla** wrote: "I will be finishing Pretties and starting Lovely bones today!!"

I also really enjoyed Lovely Bones. It is high on my list of recommendations. (I borrowed out my book... haven't seen it since. I guess they like the book.) The book was written well, however, it is probably be one of those sad books that I wouldn't think of re-reading.

How was the movie?

message 264: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** The movie was really good however I think it is one of those movies that you are either going to like or hate. not much of an in between. Have also heard that in comparison of the book to the movie they didn't put in a lot of the graphic detail that is in the book and that it's a good thing otherwise the movie might have been to hard to watch. ps I love Mark Wahlberg

message 265: by Stray, follow us on Twitter! (new)

the books really good, though as said, sad

message 266: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (HeatherBenson) **Carla** wrote: "yeah I have seen the movie already so I know what the story line is but of course I always find the book better than the movie."

I haven't seen the movie yet, but my friends that have say that the book was way better. I'm still going to watch it eventually though.

message 267: by Karli (new)

Karli I've got my friend's Kindle and am reading The Apothecary's Daughter - Never heard of it, but it was the only thing that looked at all readable on there, and I soooo wanted to try out the Kindle. :)

message 268: by [deleted user] (new)

**Carla** wrote: "The movie was really good however I think it is one of those movies that you are either going to like or hate. not much of an in between. Have also heard that in comparison of the book to the mov..."

I remember when he was one of the New Kids on the Block.

Shhh... don't tell anyone.

message 269: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** lol...oh back in the days:)

message 270: by Jo (new)

Jo I'm reading The Kindness of Women

message 271: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Chantelle wrote: "I'm reading Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China for myself, and I just started The Wednesday Sisters for a book club."

let me know how three daughters is when you are done. it sounds interesting.

message 272: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth ❤ ☠ Elyssa ☠ ❤ wrote: "**Carla** wrote: "The movie was really good however I think it is one of those movies that you are either going to like or hate. not much of an in between. Have also heard that in comparison of ..."

i worked at a music store back when NKOB were HUGE! and i have a co-worker that saw them recently on tour. she said it was awesome.

message 273: by Ronda (new)

Ronda  Tutt (RondaTutt) I finished Atlantis Unmasked last night right before midnight and then today I started Angelology: A Novel by Danielle Trussoni

message 274: by Karli (last edited Apr 01, 2010 06:58PM) (new)

Karli I have three going right now - The Wednesday Sisters, Being Dead: A Novel and Fool. It's going to be a busy weekend. My friend from college mailed me Wednesday Sisters when she finished it, and said that the characters reminded her of our college crew - I've identified myself and my roommate so far, and I'm on about page 20. :) Good times!

message 275: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 150 comments Re-reading Grace in Thine Eyes, reading A Severe Mercy for school, and getting ready to maybe read an ebook. Even though I don't like ebooks.

message 276: by Tom (new)

Tom | 6 comments The Godfather of Kathmandu (Sonchai Jitpleecheep Series #4)  by John Burdett

I love John Burdett's books located in Thailand. They are good mysteries and also explain a lot about Bhuddism

message 277: by ~Kate~ (new)

message 278: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (Jencey) I am reading Queen of Babble (Queen of Babble, #1) by Meg Cabot about to finish it. I am will continue to read Little Earthquakes and about to start Mine Are Spectacular! by Janice Kaplan.

message 279: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6) by J.R. Ward and Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7) by Rachel Caine

message 280: by Ronda (new)

message 281: by T J (new)

T J Flynn | 3 comments I just started Willy Vlautin's latest novel, Lean on Pete. He's a great and as yet, partly under-ground writer (at least considering his immense talent) but has such a beautiful and sparse style, which hooked me in his two previous books. Pete is a stomper so far.

message 282: by KSMary (new)

KSMary I am currently reading The Kite Runner

message 283: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth KSMary wrote: "I am currently reading The Kite Runner"

good book. and a quick read. his second book A Thousand Splendid Sunsis even better.

message 284: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth just started The Room and the Chair. interesting, but a complicated number of characters.

message 285: by Karli (new)

Karli I finished The Wednesday Sisters last night - my children were spending the night with grandparents, so I had time, I had only been halfway finished when I started before bed. It was OK. The story was compelling, I cared about the characters, but it was just not that well-written, at times it seemed more a series of anecdotes than a novel. Good enough for a read, not good enough for a keep.

message 286: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (HeatherBenson) Finished reading Beautiful Creatures and I'm now reading Irresistible Forces.

message 287: by [deleted user] (new)

Tom wrote: "The Godfather of Kathmandu (Sonchai Jitpleecheep Series #4)  by John Burdett

I love John Burdett's books located in Thailand. They are good mysteries and also explain a lot about Bhuddism"

I used to live in Thailand in I would say he brings Bangkok alive with words. His discriptions make me miss that big smelly city. Ahh...

message 288: by [deleted user] (new)

I just picked Night Embrace again. Starting from where I left off. (I was in my trunk no wonder I couldn't find it.). It's ok you can laugh. I did!

message 289: by **Carla** (new)

message 290: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (HeatherBenson) I liked that book, still have to read the second one though.

message 291: by Angela (new)

Angela B I am reading Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher By Jay Asher it's very good so far, interesting story and style of writting

message 292: by Karli (new)

Karli I just finished Fool by Christopher Moore and am now debating my pile of books for where I should move on...I'm thinking it'll probaby be Life of Pi by Yann Martel.

message 293: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (HeatherBenson) I finished Triple Shot Bettys In Love by Jody Gehrman
Starting The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

message 294: by KSMary (new)

KSMary I started Stardust

message 295: by Karli (new)

Karli I changed my mind and went with The Virgin Blue. I'm not sure why, but I'm avoiding Life of Pi. Perhaps I'm still resentful, as the librarian who dissed my other selection (The Historian) endorsed Life of Pi so heartily. I think I may be contrary.

message 296: by KSMary (new)

KSMary I have The Historian waiting TBR as soon as I finish Stardust.

Mary

message 297: by [deleted user] (new)

Karli wrote: "I changed my mind and went with The Virgin Blue. I'm not sure why, but I'm avoiding Life of Pi. Perhaps I'm still resentful, as the librarian who dissed my other selection (The Histor..."

I'm really surprised that a librarian would be able to dismiss a book so easily. One should realize that everyone has different tastes. That is why there are so many different types.

message 298: by Elizabeth (new)

message 299: by Karli (new)

Karli KSMary wrote: "I have The Historian waiting TBR as soon as I finish Stardust.

Mary"

I am interested to hear what you think - it was such a heavily researched book, I learned so much while I read it. I probably wouldn't re-read it, but it was totally worth picking up.

Sincerely,
Contrary Karli

message 300: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Karli wrote: "KSMary wrote: "I have The Historian waiting TBR as soon as I finish Stardust.

Mary"

I am interested to hear what you think - it was such a heavily researched book, I learned so much while I r..."

karli,

the virgin blue is good. i like chevalier as a writer. i have

Falling AngelsFalling Angels

on my shelf to read.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Deed to Death (other topics)
Funny in Farsi: A Memoir of Growing Up Iranian in America (other topics)
Stray (other topics)
What to Expect When You're Expecting (other topics)
The Dragon Heir (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Margaret McAllister (other topics)
Firoozeh Dumas (other topics)
Rachel Vincent (other topics)
Colette Gale (other topics)
Jay Asher (other topics)
More...