Delirity discussion

New Releases/Recommendations > I just read... And it was...

Comments (showing 351-400 of 1,822) (1822 new)    post a comment »

Carrie (Care) (Care76) | 1735 comments I think Deathly Hallows is the best in the series. Part of it was that it was over, and Potter was such a long journey for me.

Angela B I was so sad that it was over, I never wanted my Potter adventures to end :(

Sherri (SherriJ2003) There's more "Harry Potter" books but it's not by the same author...and it's about James Potter. I havn't read them yet so I don't know how legit they are...
James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing (James Potter, #1) by G. Norman Lippert James Potter and the Curse of the Gate Keeper (James Potter, #2) by G. Norman Lippert James Potter and the Vault of Destinies (James Potter,#3) by G. Norman Lippert

message 354: by Jasmine (last edited Jul 21, 2010 07:47PM) (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I never read those either, and I don't think i ever will. For me it's just to weird to read books written by a different author but about the same things. . . I feel like it's a rip off of J.K. Rowling's book because the author couldn't figure out a good book to write from scratch. Of course, I haven't read them so I might be putting my foot in my mouth by putting the author down, but i really can't see myself enjoying them.

Heather Tisdale (Horrorvacui000) | 5763 comments Mod
So, I keep forgetting to actually post here. Hmm...

I have a blog that just lists what I've been reading. Nothing fancy. I read to much to comment on every book I read like I use to. This is faster than me catching up. http://www.vacui-books.blogspot.com/

Chakara | 673 comments Hey everyone. So this month I started out with
The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong it was really good and better than the first one because it jumped right into the actiong and as with the first one it ended on a cliff hanger. Good thing I have the 3rd book ready to go.
I also read Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine and The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2) by Rachel Caine they were both really good at first I didnt like the first book but Im glad I gave it another chance. Im now reading the 3rd book Midnight Alley.

I also read The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner  An Eclipse Novella by Stephenie Meyer it was interesting not the best and I wish it was longer but it was still good.

And I also read Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1) by Sara Shepard it was really good and I put the 2nd book on hold at the library.

Darcy (Sunnytat462) | 2427 comments I just finished Hard to Hold (Hold trilogy, #1) by Stephanie Tyler Too Hot to Hold (Hold trilogy, #2) by Stephanie Tyler and
Hold On Tight (Hold trilogy, #3) by Stephanie Tyler.

If you like romances with alpha males check these out. They were really good.

message 358: by Lani (new)

Lani (Crahfty) I just read Graceling and loved it! The romance was sweet and I enjoyed the strong and independent female character.

Discord's Apple by Carrie Vaughn
I really enjoyed it, but I don't think it's for everyone. I'm a history junky and the stories behind it are kind of second nature to me.

Darcy (Sunnytat462) | 2427 comments Heather wrote: "Discord's Apple by Carrie Vaughn
I really enjoyed it, but I don't think it's for everyone. I'm a history junky and the stories behind it are kind of second nature to me."

Heather I am jealous you have read this one already. I am waiting to get it from the library. Good to know it is good.

Paula (pauldajo) I finished listening to Nation. This book was somewhat complicated, though I did like the story. I really need to listen to it again.

Carrie (Care) (Care76) | 1735 comments So I finished Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and I listened to it and read it depending on what I was doing. I really loved the introduction of horcuxes, it seemed to add something to the whole story.

I also finished Twice as Hot and I have to say I loved it! I really liked the first one, but not nearly as much as this one. I was even so angry at one point I was grinding my teeth! Not that I want to be angry, but the way I was so into the world was great.

message 363: by Jasmine (last edited Jul 24, 2010 03:10PM) (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward

This one rivals Lover Eternal for my favorite BDB book. 'nough said.

Angela B I think I like Lover Awakened more then Lover Eternal personally but I'm not quite done with it yet

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments For some reason I just really fell in love with Rhage, so I don't think anything can beat his story for me. :) I liked how everyone thought he was just some slutty boy (excuse my language), but he had his reasons for doing what he did.

Angela B I haven't gotten that far but I plan to some day so I'll let you know then if I remember :)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Lol, okay! (:

Chakara | 673 comments I just read If I Stay by Gayle Forman and it was so awesome and sad the ending was really good.

Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World, #2) by Jeaniene Frost
Loved it!

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Heather, I thought that comes out on the 27th?

Does, but it's paperback so it's a soft release. Stores can put them out whenever they receive them. Although, there are a few times publishers are strict on the release date. Generally hardcovers are always that way. I generally get things early at Books A Million. It's the only time I ever go there. I was looking for Rogue since none of the other stores had it in stock and I got that last minute urge to check just in case. I love that my internal radar is so accurate. =)

Darcy (Sunnytat462) | 2427 comments I had heard that Wal-mart had it out early. I thought about running in and grabbing it, but decided to wait until Tuesday so I can get some library books read.

I put aside my witch book once I got it since I figured you'd all be dying to know if it was good. =) BTW! Do not read the first pages of book 5 for Cat and Bones at the end. They're good, but I so wish I had waited because it would have been a great start to the story and now I know.

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Okay!

Did you like this one more then First Drop of Crimson?

Carrie (Care) (Care76) | 1735 comments Hahaha, thanks for the warning Heather. I would hate the torment of waiting even more!

I'm with Jasmine, I want to know if you liked it better than FDoC. From your review I was thinking maybe you liked it a bit less or the same?

Rachelle879 | 24 comments Lani wrote: "I just read Graceling and loved it! The romance was sweet and I enjoyed the strong and independent female character."

I agree! There was some sort of "X-Menish" tone to the story that kinda resonated with me.

I thought it was the same if not a little less. I think I liked FDOC a little better. Now I'm use to the author so it was a little more predictable. With FDOC, I wasn't sure since it was her first spin-off. I didn't know what she'd do. There's some heat to the story. It just doesn't make you blush 50 times like Halfway to the Grave.

Carrie (Care) (Care76) | 1735 comments Heather wrote: "It just doesn't make you blush 50 times like Halfway to the Grave."

Lol. Do you want to hear something funny? When I first read HTTG I probably would have rated it higher, but I was so unused to the language and sex that it was so weird for me. In that year and a half I have pushed it on so many people it is not funny. I think I got at least 6 people in the Book Addicts group to read it because I couldn't stop talking about it. Now it is one of my favourite series for sure.

I know. That's how I was with a lot of books at the beginning. I would be like, "oh my... I can't give that a 5. It's...wow... too much sex!" Even now, if someone does something a little out there for me I'll dock it just because it was uncomfortable and I didn't need to know. However, if the plot is great I'll overlook a lot. If not... Any "I didn't need to know that" moments count off.

BTW Carrie, you're the one that got me started on them.

Angela B Do you guys read Anita Blake? just curious cuz later in the series there are lots of those moments

Carrie (Care) (Care76) | 1735 comments I am the same way Heather. If the plot is really good, I don't mind anymore. But it's when the sex is a plot of it's own where I just loose interest and start to skim through it. Tehehe, was it my constant talk of Bones that got you reading it? Oh wait, that might have been Steph. I just think the series is great. Cat is awesome, Bones is just pure heaven, it's funny, and action packed. Everything I need in a book. :) Actually I like the Tales of an Extraordinary Girl series just as much. It only has two books though, so it's hard to tell how it will hold up. Has anybody read any of
Gena Showalter's other series? She has a ton of books out, but I didn't know if I would like them.

Lol Angela, um, no I haven't read any of the Anita Blake books. I hear the first ones are good, but then I heard about the orgies and crazy sex and decided I probably wouldn't really be too impressed with that.

Darcy (Sunnytat462) | 2427 comments I just tried to read Showalter's The Lords of the Underworld, and couldn't even finish it. I made it over 200 pages but it still wasn't any good for me.

Angela B Carrie, the first ones are GREAT good enough that they kept me going through the not so great books and now they are getting really good!

Sherri (SherriJ2003) The Boy Next Door (Boy, #1) by Meg Cabot

Wow...I read this book in 2 days (a record for me)! That should tell you something... This book was quite different from any other book in that it was written in emails...all of it. I loved this book, as I have with all other Meg Cabot books I've read. She just has a way to write a book that captures your attention, is funny, and hard to put down.

There are some good Blake books and some that where you feel like there's a plot missing during large gaps of the books. Sometimes, the sex plays into the plot, and not others. About every third one toward the end of the series is great. But, ya, I did mark one or two Blake books down because I felt the need to skip pages. I should want to devour a book, not skip 3 chapters. Sometimes, Blake is great, even with the scenes and I don't count off - like Skin Trade and Harlequin.

And yes, Carrie. I saw you post about 10 different comments about Bones. Then I asked what I should read next and you and a group of people bombarded me with demands that I read Night Huntress.

Rachelle879 | 24 comments I just read Lament Lament  The Faerie Queen's Deception (Books of Faerie, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater. I was pleasantly surprised to find it a good read. Maybe because it's my first book about the faerie universe, I dunno. I don't regret the time I spent reading it.

message 388: by Lani (new)

Lani (Crahfty) Rachelle879 wrote: "I just read Lament Lament  The Faerie Queen's Deception (Books of Faerie, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater. I was pleasantly surprised to find it a good read. Maybe because it's my first book about the faerie universe, I dunno..."

I thought James was an awesome character and wanted more of him, so I actually enjoyed Ballad: A Gathering of Faerie a little more than Lament.

Darcy (Sunnytat462) | 2427 comments I just finished Undead and Unfinished (Undead, #9) by MaryJanice Davidson and was disappointed by it. These used to be so good.

Paula (pauldajo) I finished reading The Secret Hour. I enjoyed it. Looks like The Secret Hour is part of a trilogy. This book wasn't a complicated read and I really liked the universe. It is definately a new concept for me. One aspect of the universe was a bit frightening to me. There is a group of 5 midnighter, but they aren't a cohesive unit. In book one all the midnighter came together when it counted.

Chick with a Charm (Babes-on-Brooms, #2) by Vicki Lewis Thompson
So much fun.

Rachelle879 | 24 comments I just read The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, #1) by Alexander McCall Smith

Certainly a great read! I heard it's been on TV for a while though I haven't seen it. If anyone from the group has watched an episode, I'd like to hear your feedback. Thanks!

Chakara | 673 comments I just read THE SURGEON by Tess Gerritsen its a medical thriller not for everyone but i got it from a coworker read it and I loved it.

Rachelle - I've been wanting to see it. I've heard they're good though.

Carrie (Care) (Care76) | 1735 comments I just read Forget You by Jennifer Echols and I loved it! I stayed up all night to read it. I have been dragging my butt today, lol. 4.5 stars for me.

Paula (pauldajo) I finished reading Fearless Fourteen and I enjoyed it. It was a nice light hearted mystery.

Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, #1) by Jaye Wells
Fun. Nothing to rush out and get, but entertaining and worth reading eventually.

Rachelle879 | 24 comments I just finished Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter  Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton Book 1. I really enjoy graphic novels and I found this one to be really interesting. It was good enough for me to want to read the series collection and check if it's available at the library.

Irene Hollimon | 89 comments I just finished Chicagoland Vampires Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2) by Chloe Neill Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3) by Chloe Neill
I thought it was awsome! I can't wait for the next book in the series

Carrie (Care) (Care76) | 1735 comments Yay! I LOVED the third one. <3