Finish Line 2011 > Maggie W's 2011 -50 books

Comments (showing 1-47 of 47) (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Maggie White | 54 comments Hi I'm new here and hope I've done this right

Maggie White | 54 comments The True DeceiverFinished 4/1/10 #1
The Winter House Finished 11/1/10 #2
Well into my third book this month will post when done

Maggie White | 54 comments #3 The Horse Boy by Rupert Isaacson finished 23/1/10
Good book non-fiction and inspiring. The power of a parent's love to try anything for the sake of thier child.

Maggie White | 54 comments #4 The More You Ignore Me by Jo Brand 28/1/10
Good black comedy that had me laughing out loud and feeling really sad the next.

Maggie White | 54 comments #5 Sworn To Silence 4/2/10
murder mystery well done.

Maggie White | 54 comments #6 The Other Hand by Chris Cleave.
Thought provoking and well researched.

Maggie White | 54 comments #7 The Seven Secrets of Happiness by Sharon Owen.
Chiclit and a nice wee romp a bit predictable.

Maggie White | 54 comments #8 Evolution of a Sad Woman by Gale Laure
Good crime thriller written from an interesting angle.

Maggie White | 54 comments #9 Little Girls Lost JR Kerley
Crime novel good bubblegum read. Not much substance to it.

Maggie White | 54 comments #10 The Boy Who Saw True a paranormal book.
Interesting and diary part good and amusing as well as interesting. Rets not so keen on.

Maggie White | 54 comments #11 Nights of rain and Stars Maeve Binchy. Good light read.

message 13: by Maggie (last edited Apr 01, 2010 02:17PM) (new)

message 15: by Maggie (last edited Apr 23, 2010 11:37AM) (new)

Maggie White | 54 comments #15Cutting for StonebyAbraham Verghese
One of the best books I have read this year. Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese

Stephanie | 146 comments Maggie wrote: "Cutting for StonebyAbraham Verghese
One of the best books I have read this year.Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese"

AGREED! Great book! Have you read "The Help"? Another great book...

Maggie White | 54 comments Stephanie wrote: "Maggie wrote: "Cutting for StonebyAbraham Verghese
One of the best books I have read this year.Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese"

AGREED! Great book! Have you re..."

Haven't read The Help. Will look into it. have you read The book of Negroes? Ithas been recommended to me too.

Stephanie | 146 comments Maggie wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Maggie wrote: "Cutting for StonebyAbraham Verghese

AGREED! Gr..."

I have not read The Book OF Negroes- but I just finished looking it up and ended up adding it to my never ending TBR pile. Let me know what you think of The Help- if you end up reading it. What are you presently reading?

Stephanie | 146 comments Maggie wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Maggie wrote: "Cutting for StonebyAbraham Verghese

AGREED! Gr..."

I have not read The Book OF Negroes- but I just finished looking it up and ended up adding it to my never ending TBR pile. Let me know what you think of The Help- if you end up reading it. What are you presently reading?

Maggie White | 54 comments #16The Sea of Monsters The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) by Rick RiordanRick Riordan Good young teen book. Good for introducing Greek Mythology to kids.

Maggie White | 54 comments Stephanie wrote: "Maggie wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Maggie wrote: "Cutting for StonebyAbraham Verghese
..."

Hi Stephanie. Now reading Shutter Island. Good read and am really looking forward to some reading time this weekend. What about you? Have added The Help to my TBR list. My list is also never ending.

Maggie White | 54 comments #17Shutter IslandbyDennis Lehane Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane
wow!!! This was fantastic! Greta psychological thriller.

Maggie White | 54 comments #18 Melanie RoseComing Home Coming Home by Melanie Rose
Poolside/beachread.

Maggie White | 54 comments #19 The Titan's CursebyRick Riordan The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) by Rick Riordan
Fun times with Greek mythology characters.

message 25: by Maggie (last edited May 22, 2010 02:17AM) (new)

Maggie White | 54 comments #20The Thirteenth TalebyDiane Setterfield The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
Fantastic debut novel full of suspense,emotions, and humour.

Maggie White | 54 comments #21 Life According to LubkabyLaurie Graham Life According to Lubka by Laurie Graham One of the funniest books I have read in a very long time.

Maggie White | 54 comments #23Of Bees and MistbyErick Setiawan Of Bees and Mist by Erick Setiawan
fabulous debut novel gothic fairytale style at it's best.

Maggie White | 54 comments #25The HelpbyKathryn Stockett The Help by Kathryn Stockett
bit slow in the middle but well worth persevering.

Maggie White | 54 comments #31Still AliceLisa Genova Still Alice by Lisa Genova
Read this one it is a book everyone should read in their lives.

Maggie White | 54 comments #36 Fallen SkiesbyPhilippa Gregory Fallen Skies by Philippa Gregory
Thank you Elizabeth for this fab. read.

message 46: by Maggie (last edited Dec 26, 2010 02:05PM) (new)

Maggie White | 54 comments Didn't quite make it last year so am having another go this year.
#1 The Dawn Stag byJules Watson The Dawn Stag (Dalriada Trilogy 2) by Jules Watson