Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Paranormal Romance > Favorite Authors

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments Which paranormal romance authors are your favorites and why? Do you have any authors whom you love, but perhaps are not so well known now? Please share!

message 2: by Megan (last edited Jan 20, 2010 06:49PM) (new)

Megan | 1285 comments I have so many, but overall Maggie Shayne and Amanda Ashley are my two all time favorite paranormal romance authors. I like them because they focus mainly on vampire romance, which is my favorite subgenre. Their writing always seems to grab me and most of the time I connect (on some level) to the heroine and am always sympathetic with the hero.

Maggie Shayne's Wings in the Night series is AMAZING!
Wings in the Night (3-in-1) (Wings in the Night, #1-3) by Maggie Shayne Two By Twilight (2-in-1) (Wings in the Night, #6 & #9) by Maggie Shayne Born In Twilight (Wings in the Night, #5) by Maggie Shayne and many, many more!

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) Well, Mercedes Lackey writes a mean PNR. Even tho she's usually filed under fantasy or UF at the book stores. But her Bardic Voices series is a lovely PNR series.

message 4: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 362 comments I love Charlaine Harris, Jeaniene Frost, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Sunny and Kelly Armstrong, so far. There's another author, but I'm blanking on her name although I can see the book (not the title either) in my head.

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments My favorite pnr/ urban fantasy romance authors are Richelle Mead, Patricia Briggs, Nalini Singh, and Karen Marie Moning. I also love Maria V. Snyder, but I don't think she's considered a pnr author.

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments I want to ad Jeri Smith-Ready to my list.

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) Oh--we haven't listed Katie MacAlister yet. In addition to PNR/UF she also writes--historical romances, modern romances and YA. Most all of them have some kind of humour in them too.

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Well, Mercedes Lackey writes a mean PNR. Even tho she's usually filed under fantasy or UF at the book stores. But her Bardic Voices series is a lovely PNR series.
"

I found a copy of The Lark And The Wren, book 1 in the Bardic Voices series at the used bookstore the other day. They didn't have any of the other books in the Bardic Voices series. I was wondering if this series was one of those where evey book has a cliffhanger ending.

message 9: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 362 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Oh--we haven't listed Katie MacAlister yet. In addition to PNR/UF she also writes--historical romances, modern romances and YA. Most all of them have some kind of humour in them too."

I absolutely loved The Trouble With Harry. Was a really funny/sweet book. That was the first book I had read by Katie MacAlister.

message 10: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) Michelle--no, most of them are semi-stand alones. There is some interweaving of the general "history" of the society. But not cliffhangers.

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Michelle--no, most of them are semi-stand alones. There is some interweaving of the general "history" of the society. But not cliffhangers."

Thanks Ann :)

message 12: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (FantasyAnnie) | 170 comments I love Katie MacAlister she makes me laugh and also Patricia Biggs!

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Ann wrote: "I love Katie MacAlister she makes me laugh and also Patricia Biggs!"

I second Patricia Briggs. I've only read two Katie MacAlister novels. I loved one, and didn't care for the other. Maybe I'll have to give a few more of her books a try.

message 14: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (FantasyAnnie) | 170 comments with Katie MacAlister, I like her vampires books better then her dragons books but that is just me lol...

message 15: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) What about Shelly Laurenston. I loved some of her stories--they just have me giggling the entire time I'm reading them. Her others are interesting too, and I like her world building.

message 16: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments I'm going to add Kresley Cole to my list! The IAD series seems to get better and better with each book.

message 17: by Mess67miss (last edited Oct 20, 2010 06:06AM) (new)

Mess67miss | 4 comments I've become a huge fan of the Women of the Otherworld series written by Kelley Armstrong.

message 18: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Curry Kelley Armstrong and Cassandra Clare are two of my favourites!

Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Wings in the Night (other topics)
Born In Twilight (other topics)
Two By Twilight (other topics)
The Lark and the Wren (other topics)
The Trouble With Harry (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Mercedes Lackey (other topics)
Shelly Laurenston (other topics)
Kresley Cole (other topics)