We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

The Books > Lisa Kleypas Booklist

Comments (showing 1-50 of 76) (76 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (last edited Apr 19, 2012 03:24PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3647 comments As promised, I have copied the list of all Lisa's books here from:

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/k/l...

Series:

Berkley-Faulkner
1. Where Passion Leads (1987)
2. Forever My Love (1988)

Vallerands
1. Only in Your Arms (1992)
aka When Strangers Marry
2. Only with Your Love (1992)

Gamblers
1. Then Came You (1993)
2. Dreaming of You (1994)
u

Stokehursts
1. Midnight Angel (1995)
2. Prince of Dreams (1995)

Capitol Theatre
1. Somewhere I'll Find You (1996)
2. Because You're Mine (1997)

Bow Street Runners
1. Someone to Watch Over Me (1999)
2. Lady Sophias Lover (2002)
3. Worth Any Price (2003)

Wallflowers
Again the Magic (2004)
1. Secrets of a Summer Night (2004)
2. It Happened One Autumn (2005)
3. The Devil in Winter (2006)
4. Scandal in Spring (2006)
5. A Wallflower Christmas (2008)

Hathaways
1. Mine Till Midnight (2007)
2. Seduce Me At Sunrise (2008)
3. Tempt Me at Twilight (2009)
4. Married By Morning (2010)
5. Love In The Afternoon (2010)

Travis
1. Sugar Daddy (2007)
2. Blue-eyed Devil (2008)
3. Smooth-talking Stranger (2009)

Friday Harbor
1. Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor (2010)
2. Rainshadow Road (2012)
3. Dream Lake (2012)
4. Crystal Cove (2013)

Novels
Love Come to Me (1988)
Give Me Tonight (1989)
Stranger in My Arms (1998)
Where Dreams Begin (2000)
Suddenly You (2001)

Omnibus
Christmas Love Stories (1991) (with Diane Wicker Davis, Shannon Drake, Kay Hooper)
A Christmas Present (1994) (with Loretta Chase, Judith E French)
Three Weddings and a Kiss (1995) (with Catherine Anderson, Loretta Chase and Kathleen Woodiwiss)
Wish List (2001) (with Lisa Cach, Claudia Dain and Lynsay Sands)
Where's My Hero? (2003) (with Kinley MacGregor and Julia Quinn)
Gifts of Love (2006) (with Kay Hooper)
A Historical Christmas Present (2008) (with Leigh Greenwood and Lynsay Sands)

Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3) by Lisa Kleypas It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Secrets of a Summer Night (Wallflowers, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers, #4) by Lisa Kleypas Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Blue-Eyed Devil (Travises, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas Dreaming of You (Gamblers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Worth Any Price (Bow Street Runners, #3) by Lisa Kleypas Again the Magic (Wallflowers, #0.5) by Lisa Kleypas Lady Sophia's Lover (Bow Street Runners, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Someone to Watch Over Me (Bow Street Runners, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3) by Lisa Kleypas Then Came You (Gamblers, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Stranger in My Arms by Lisa Kleypas Where Dreams Begin  by Lisa Kleypas Because You're Mine (Capital Theatre, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Where's My Hero? by Lisa Kleypas Somewhere I'll Find You (Capital Theatre, #1) by Lisa Kleypas When Strangers Marry (Vallerands, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Midnight Angel (Stokehurst, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Prince of Dreams (Stokehurst, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Only With Your Love (Vallerands, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Three Weddings and a Kiss by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss Wish List by Lisa Kleypas Only in Your Arms by Lisa Kleypas Gifts of Love by Lisa Kleypas Forever My Love (Berkley-Faulkner, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Love, Come to Me by Lisa Kleypas A Historical Christmas Present by Lisa Kleypas Where Passion Leads (Berkley - Faulkner, #1) by Lisa Kleypas A Hathaway Wedding (The Hathaways, #2.5) by Lisa Kleypas Christmas Love Stories by Kay Hooper A Christmas Present by Loretta Chase Give Me Tonight by Lisa Kleypas Tempt Me at Twilight (The Hathaways, #3) by Lisa Kleypas Married By Morning (The Hathaways #4) by Lisa Kleypas Love in the Afternoon (The Hathaways, #5) by Lisa Kleypas Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor (Friday Harbor, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Rainshadow Road (Friday Harbor, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Dream Lake (Friday Harbor, #3) by Lisa Kleypas

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks danielle, I postyed this in another thread! It really helped me make sure I read the books in order, I'm really weird about that! I hope it will be as useful to others as well! Thanks posting it here!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3647 comments You're welcome, Heidi. Sorry about the delay. I got lazy, or I would have organized the pictures into series. I hope ya'll don't mind.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7891 comments I really, really wish they would have listed Again the Magic with the Wallflowers, don't you?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I do too, its the beginning of the entire set!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3647 comments I'll stick it in with the Wallflowers!

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7891 comments Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I'll stick it in with the Wallflowers!"

That's a great idea! That is why you are our fearless leader!

Julianna (AuthorJuliannaD) | 371 comments Just a little info on the short stories in case someone might be trying to collect LK's backlist:

Wish List & A Historical Christmas Present both contain the same novella - "I Will" It is a follow-up to the Capitol Theater series.

Christmas Love Stories, A Christmas Present & Gifts of Love all contain the same novella - "Surrender"

The novella in Where's My Hero? - "Against the Odds" is a follow-up to both the Bow Street Runners and Gambler's of Craven's series.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7891 comments Thank you for all that information, Julie! That is very helpful!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3647 comments Thanks, Julie!

message 11: by Julianna (last edited Jan 19, 2010 06:56PM) (new)

Julianna (AuthorJuliannaD) | 371 comments You're welcome! Glad to help.:-)

I know I wouldn't want to duplicate if I can help it, and I like knowing when a novella is part of a series too.

Alycia | 1476 comments Oh my gosh. I was just wanting a chronological list the other day for all books, thanks so much for doing this list, ladies! :)

Kelly  | 213 comments Thanks Danielle.

I am excited to read more. Hope I can find another that I will love as much as Then Came You!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3647 comments No worries. :)

Jess | 21 comments Thanks for this!! It makes it easier to figure out what I should read next :)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3647 comments You're very welcome, Jess. I appreciate your suggestions. Please continue to make them, so the group can be better.

message 17: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7891 comments Also, each book has its own thread, labeled by the series it belongs to and the reading order.

Laura (LauraStamps) Thank you so much for this list!!! I had no idea "Dreaming of You" was part of the Gamblers series. Cool!!! I thought it was a stand alone. You ROCK, Danielle!!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3647 comments You're welcome, Laura. I actually need to update this with the new Hathaway books. Thanks for the reminder.

Laura (LauraStamps) Cool! I look forward to the update cause that's a series I wanna read. ;)

Koosh | 90 comments Very useful list!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

After reading her book list above by Lady Danielle, I now have all the books in the Wallflower Series, including Again the Magic, all the books in the Bow Street series, the Gambler Series, the Vallerands, Capitol Theatre, Stokehurts, the Hathaways, and her stand alones -- Suddenly You, Stranger in My Arms, Where Dreams Begin, Where's My Hero, and An Historical Christmas Present, Gifts of Love and Wish List. I went crazy in Barnes and Noble yesterday and then ordered online also!

message 23: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7891 comments Peg, I don't think you'll be disappointed in any of them. I've not read a single book that I felt was a waste of my time, though of course I love some more than others.

If you're going to read Wallflowers, I'd strongly suggest you read Again the Magic first. Things that are mentioned in the Wallflowers will then make more sense.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, I put AGain the Magic right in front of the first Wallflower book on my shelf. I will definitely read it first. If you don't mind me asking, which ones were your favorites?
I did enjoy the Hathaway series; liked all of them, even Dodger who I thought was so cute and funny.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3647 comments That's awesome, Peg. you won't run out of books for a while.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I have tons of books that I haven't even read at all; I just keep buying and buying. I just hope I live long enough to get to read all of them or else I'll be pretty mad!!!!

message 27: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7891 comments My lineup for Wallflowers would be:

1. Again the Magic
2. It Happened One Autumn
3. Devil In Winter
4. Scandal in Spring
5. Secrets of a Summer Night.

Now, that's just going off the top of my head.

MashJ | 732 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "My lineup for Wallflowers would be:

1. Again the Magic
2. It Happened One Autumn
3. Devil In Winter
4. Scandal in Spring
5. Secrets of a Summer Night.

Now, that's just going off the top of my head."

WF Christmas?

For me:

SOSN first and SIS last all the others- pretty good.

message 29: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7891 comments See, there were excellent things about each book. The only thing I can say for sure is that Again the Magic is number 1.

Koosh | 90 comments Again The Magic and Secrets of a Summer Night tops the list for me.

message 31: by D.G. (last edited Jul 22, 2010 01:13PM) (new)

D.G. I decided that one of my challenges next year will be to read ALL the Lisa Kleypas historicals in order of publication. I'll probably make it a 2 year project because I seldom re-read books. :)

I've read most of them but not all so it would be interested to see how her style changes. I just need to start getting the books! :)

message 32: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7891 comments D.G. I hope you're able to find the really old ones. Those are nigh unto impossible to track down.

Laura (LauraStamps) Dhestiny, do you mean they have actually allowed some of her books to go out of print? I would think she is so popular now they would reissue them.

message 34: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7891 comments She's not allowing her earliest book to go back into print. She says that her writing has come so far that she doesn't want them out there polluting the pool, so to speak.

Laura (LauraStamps) Okay, I can understand that. You reach a certain level of professionalism, and your fans come to expect that, and many times your first books were written before you found your groove.

In my case I just edit and rewrite them and bring them up to the high standard my fans expect from my writing. I write series, and I want the best of those to stay in print.

In fact, I did that with "The Witches of Dixie." It actually contains the first 4 novels and novellas in "The Witchery Series" that had been written as many as 10 years before that and published by other publishers. When Trytium bought it, I rewrote all 4 of those to bring them up to par with my current writing. Gotta keep the good stuff in print! Maybe LK will do that one day with that first novel? ;)

message 36: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7891 comments Laura, I do wish LK would do exactly that, edit them and have them published like Judith McNaught did Whitney, My Love as a special edition. I'm sure they'd sell quite well.

D.G. UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "D.G. I hope you're able to find the really old ones. Those are nigh unto impossible to track down."

Anything I can't find, I'll skip. :) I don't want to kill myself just sort of rediscover her and see how her characters/plots/story lines have evolved. :)

Laura (LauraStamps) Dhestiny, I love that special edition idea!

Have you all noticed they are doing that with J.R.Ward's "Jessica Bird" novels? They are republishing them with hot new covers and "J.R.Ward" really big on the cover to get her BDB fans interested in these old contemp novels she wrote as Bird. I think a special edition from LK (if she did rewrite that first one) would sell like hotcakes to her fans and be a real keeper.

Maya Banks just rewrote "Colters' Woman" and it was republished in April with a new hot cover. It happens all the time.

message 39: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7891 comments I've seen other authors who do that with their earlier, less polished works, and I'm perfectly ok with it. I wish she would!

And yes, I saw that JB is re-releasing. AFTER I tracked ALL of her books down on eBay! LOL

Laura (LauraStamps) Ive never read her Jessica Bird books before, but I hear they are good. What did you think about them? As much sex as the BDB?

message 41: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7891 comments No, not as much sex and not nearly as intense. They are contemporary romance, not PNR though Spike from The Moorehouse Legacy series has yellow eyes like Phury and Zsadist and the WARDen said that Spike is a distant cousin :)

Laura (LauraStamps) Cool! I'll add them to my TBR. I heard they were good.

message 43: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7891 comments I enjoyed them and review each one... well, of the Moorhouse Legacy series which were Silhouette Special Edition books. I haven't read the others yet.

message 44: by Katherine (last edited Sep 13, 2010 07:34AM) (new)

Katherine | 826 comments 1. Secrets of a Summer Night
2. Devil in Winter
3. It Happened one Autumn
4. Scandal in Spring
5. Again the Magic

I haven't read WF Christmas yet.

Laura (LauraStamps) Thanks, Katherine!!!

Ronyell (Rabbitearsblog) | 175 comments Thanks for the list Danielle!! I'll have to check out each title!!

Kate (BiblioWino) (literarykate) | 95 comments I'm going to try and read all of Kleypas' books that are still in print as well. I've finished the Hathways series and I've read a Wallflower Christmas. Suddenly You is next on my list and I feel I need to go back and read the Wallflowers series too. I absolutely love her books. It's a shame that her earlier books are out of print. I looked online just to see how much they're going for...found a copy for $19.27. Kinda expensive for a paperback IMO.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3647 comments No problem, Ronyell. Kate, I would love to get all of her books. I know some of her fans don't like the older books, but I did, and avid collector that I am, my collection is not complete without them. :)

Kate (BiblioWino) (literarykate) | 95 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "No problem, Ronyell. Kate, I would love to get all of her books. I know some of her fans don't like the older books, but I did, and avid collector that I am, my collection is not complete without t..."

I love collecting the authors I really like. I have the entire Hathways series on my shelf right now. Thank you very much for the list BTW. I just updated my Lisa Kleypas shelf on here so now it has every book ever published. I do wish the older books were still in print though. I would definitely read them. I can't even find them at my library.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

I am reading the Wallflower series and am on It Happened One Autumn. Who is St Vincent? Is that his full name? Did we read about him in another book?

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Prince of Dreams (other topics)
Then Came You (other topics)
Someone to Watch Over Me (other topics)
Christmas Love Stories (other topics)
Where Passion Leads (other topics)
More...