Literary Love Triangles discussion

Never-ending (series) triangles > Cassie Palmer -- Pritkin vs Mircea

Comments (showing 1-22 of 22) (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

FlibBityFLooB Touch the Dark (Cassandra Palmer, #1) by Karen Chance Claimed By Shadow (Cassandra Palmer, #2) by Karen Chance Embrace the Night (Cassandra Palmer, #3) by Karen Chance Curse the Dawn (Cassandra Palmer, #4) by Karen Chance

Who would you pair Cassie with?

message 2: by FlibBityFLooB (last edited Jan 22, 2010 07:36PM) (new)

FlibBityFLooB Hehe. Okay, I've only read book 1 so far.

**** SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T READ BOOK 1
Will Cassie be able to get over Pritkin calling her a demon whore and trying to kill her!!?!??? I know, she's not a demon and he was thinking she was at the time... Just struck me as a funny way to start a love triangle. hehehe

Also... claimed at 11??? hehehe. Talk about knowing you're destined to be in love with someone.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

FlibBityFLooB wrote:

**** SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T READ BOOK 1 OR BREAKING DAWN
"Also... claimed at 11??? hehehe. Talk about knowing you're destined to be in love with someone"

FBF - that has got to be better than when Jacob first laid eyes on Renesme... the moment of her birth!

FlibBityFLooB hehehehhe. I forgot about that, Josie! Breaking Dawn was a bit ridiculous. *laugh*

Nita (gillnit) I know there are some major Pritkin lovers out there. And while I did enjoy the few intense scenes between him and Cassie so far, I have been for her and Mircea from the beginning. Though, I get the feeling the author is going to end the series with Cassie and Pritkin together.

Sarah ~Sehrenity~ I know one of the reasons I like Pritkin over Mircea is that our beloved vampire has always felt like Cassie's adolescent crush to me. He's manipulated her since childhood. I think he genuinely cares for her, but they'd never be equal in a relationship. Pritkin is definitely flawed, does care for her, and is more on her level. If only there wasn't that pesky sex thing to worry about... LOL!

Susan (Suz) (sharney) I'm not a huge fan of this series in general, but if I had to choose I'd pick cassie and pritkin, they just seem like a better match to me than her and Mircea....

Adrianne (amaryllis214) | 9 comments I think Cassie should end up with Pritkin. I'm just never sure about Mircea, and you notice that the dynamic between them is more lustful and possessive than growing to love each other. Cassie sees Pritkin's faults and loves him in spite of them. He's protective of her in his own way and doesn't try to shelter her from doing her job like Mircea does. She doesn't really know Mircea after over 10 years, but she's growing to know Pritkin. They should totally end up together!!

message 9: by Steph (last edited May 26, 2010 03:25PM) (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 29 comments Adrianne, I'm with you. I've always liked Pritkin and want her to end up with him too. Some of the books have me warming up to Mircea, but I'm still not budged off of Cassie & Pritkin.

Mel (mel_b) I'm totally with you girls, Adrianne and Steph. I like Mircea, I really do but the Cassie/Pritkin dynamic is much healthier. I feel like they're becoming equals while I don't think that will ever happen with Mircea. He's too much of a caretaker and a control freak, really. Cassie needs protection and support, but she doesn't need overbearing.

Adrianne (amaryllis214) | 9 comments Favorite thing that Cassie said in regards to Pritkin, which just made firmer my stand that they should be together, was in Curse of the Dawn: "When we’d started working together, I’d assumed it would be a question of putting up with Pritkin; then suddenly the stupid hair was making me smile, and the sporadic heroics were making my heart jump and the constant bitching had me wanting to kiss him quiet. And now I cared more than was good for me." Notice she'd never, in the whole series, said anything as affectionate or insightful about Mircea. It's Pritkin and Cassie for me!

Mel (mel_b) Yay Adrienne. Me thinks it too! :)

Steph (Angel4492) | 29 comments Ditto! :)

Krish (Krazy_KD) | 9 comments (considering i always blable about this, ill make it short!)

I love pritkin *swoon* I wanna snag myself a crazy ass war Mage with stupid blond hair ;D HtM was so sweet... I loved him even more... Ahaha :')

Mia Victoria (MiaNobody) team Mircea! <3

Valeria | 1 comments I don't pick sides cause really, my dirty mind is set on a Mircea-Pritkin sandwich for little Cassie. Not that there's any chance of it happening, but a girl can always dream.

message 17: by Marie (last edited Jan 16, 2013 01:58AM) (new)

Marie | 7 comments I never liked Mircea.

1. I'm not even sure how to pronounce his name which make sex scenes a lot less hot when I stumble over the word in my mind

2. He's a manipulative vampire and when Cassie first met Pritkin, as she was trying to explain that vampires weren't all evil, it was revealed that one of her best friends had actually been feeding on her without her consent and SHE DIDN'T MIND. I thought that was very stupid of her (not to mention ineffective to convince Pritkin). so now all manipulative vampire (hurmph... ALL vampires) are kind of a big No-you-whore-don't-you-dare in my mind.

Marie | 7 comments Adrianne wrote: "Favorite thing that Cassie said in regards to Pritkin, which just made firmer my stand that they should be together, was in Curse of the Dawn: "When we’d started working together, I’d assumed it wo..."

love that quote!

Marie | 7 comments Nita wrote: "I know there are some major Pritkin lovers out there. And while I did enjoy the few intense scenes between him and Cassie so far, I have been for her and Mircea from the beginning. Though, I get t..."

I hope so!!! (squealing )

Marie | 7 comments Susan (Suz) wrote: "I'm not a huge fan of this series in general, but if I had to choose I'd pick cassie and pritkin, they just seem like a better match to me than her and Mircea...."

I'm like you. I usually skip ahead to any mention of pritkin while trying to follow the story in general

Leahbug1121 | 1 comments ok I've read all of the books..... I think it would be delicious if Cassie ended up with Mircea how hot is his claim on her and his staggering personality... however, Pritkin is the reluctant one and would love her instead of possess her... Intimately I think either could kill her look at Pritkin in Hunt the Moon but I was overjoyed when FINALLY they were intimate.

Trinity Snape | 1 comments While I respect the fact that Mircea put the geis on Cassie to protect her, he could have told her when she was older, and while they both keep certain things from her, Pritkin does it to save her life more & more every book while Mircea treats her like a porcelain doll in some glass tower- don't do this and don't do that you might get hurt! She is Pythia whatever she does she gets hurt even when it originally had nothing to do with her. At least Pritkin understand that Cassie is stubborn and cannot be told what to do..... I'm sorry but Mircea has to take the kid gloves off with Cassie cause she's not a kid anymore and I think Pritkin is winning this battle!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Embrace the Night (other topics)
Claimed By Shadow (other topics)
Touch the Dark (other topics)
Curse the Dawn (other topics)