From the Back of the Stacks discussion

Show topics > Judging a Book by Its Cover

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (last edited Jan 22, 2010 10:01AM) (new)

Rebecca | 4 comments Mod
We will be airing our next show on Wednesday, February 3 at 3pm. We've each picked out a couple of books based solely on the appeal of the cover. I've chosen Mudbound by Hillary Jordan and Marisa is slogging through Tinkers by Paul Harding. Also there will be a feature interview with Shawn Klomparens (local author of Jessica Z. and Two Years, No Rain) on how covers are decided for books. Has anyone out there experienced success or failure in judging a book by its cover? Any favorite covers?

Mudbound by Hillary Jordan Tinkers by Paul  Harding Two Years, No Rain by Shawn Klomparens Jessica Z. by Shawn Klomparens

message 2: by Rebecca (last edited Jan 15, 2010 12:43PM) (new)

Rebecca | 4 comments Mod
You can also listen to older episodes here.

Madeleine | 1 comments The entire Liveship series by Robin Hobb have absolutely horrible covers - very Romance novel in the worst way. But they are all of them some of the VERY best books I have ever read.
My boyfriend's sister saw me reading the first one, Ship of Magic, and came to some very unsavory opinions about me based entirely on the rotten cover art which she fortunately shared. I thne dared her to read it and she was instantly hooked.
I dare you!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Two Years, No Rain (other topics)
Jessica Z. (other topics)
Mudbound (other topics)
Tinkers (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Shawn Klomparens (other topics)
Paul Harding (other topics)
Hillary Jordan (other topics)