We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Member's Questions > What are you reading?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 4,734) (4734 new)    post a comment »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3647 comments What books are you reading right now?

Aimee (Facere323) | 31 comments Right now I'm finishing up Afraid by Jack Kilborn. But Sugar Daddy is next on my list. I've been wanting to check out LK's contemporaries ever since I read Mine till Midnight. I finally got it from the library....I can't wait!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3647 comments How is Afraid, Aimee? I just read a short story by this author (under JA Konrath). I liked his writing style very much.

Julie (floresji) | 21 comments I am going through a Paranormal and Romance Suspense stage at the moment but will soon be back to my favorite Historicals.

Aimee (Facere323) | 31 comments Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "How is Afraid, Aimee? I just read a short story by this author (under JA Konrath). I liked his writing style very much."

Intense! It's a cringe-fest. Disturbing and addictive.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3647 comments Julie, I am doing a lot of paranormal/urban fantasies right now. Trying to start/catch up on some series.

Aimee, does afraid have human monsters or supernatural threats?

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7889 comments Well, I've got a couple books going right now, but I am focusing on Kleypas. However, I am also reading Tempt Me with Darkness by Shayla Black.

Aimee (Facere323) | 31 comments Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Aimee, does afraid have human monsters or supernatural threats?"

Human Monsters.....in a medically altered kind of way.

Anne OK | 99 comments I just finished "The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie" by Jennifer Ashley and loved this book. The ending was one of the best "ahhhhh" moments I've had in much too long. The story was dark and sensual, different from anything I've read before, with characters that captivated me from the beginning.

Now, I'm off to dig through my TBR stack and find another good book to enjoy.

message 10: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7889 comments Oh, Anne!!!!!!!!! I have The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie sitting by my bed. I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo wanting to read it. ***deep breath*** Soon.

Anne OK | 99 comments I hope you enjoy "Lord Ian" as much as I did! This book is definitely a keeper for me! I can't wait to read the remaining three Mackenzie brothers' stories. This was my first book by Ms. Ashley. I'm anxious to find other books by her while I await the next book in this series.

message 12: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7889 comments Anne wrote: "I hope you enjoy "Lord Ian" as much as I did! This book is definitely a keeper for me! I can't wait to read the remaining three Mackenzie brothers' stories. This was my first book by Ms. Ashley...."

I didn't know it was a series, or if I did I had forgotten. Where is there information on this? Release dates and the such. At her website?

message 13: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7889 comments OK, I found the information on her website:
Books in the Series

Book 1: The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Ian) Leisure, May 2009
Book 2: Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (Mac) Berkley Sensation, July 2010
Book 3: The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (Cam) Berkley Sensation, August 2011
Book 4: The Duke Takes a Wife (Hart) Berkley Sensation, May 2012

Anne OK | 99 comments I'll check out her website. Thanks for the heads up! I can't wait to read Hart's story and, of course, The Duke's will be the last so I've got a long wait. It will be fun getting a peek at him in each of the other books though.

Julianna (AuthorJuliannaD) | 371 comments I'm reading LK's Where Dreams Begin.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3647 comments Aimee wrote: "Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Aimee, does afraid have human monsters or supernatural threats?"

Human Monsters.....in a medically altered kind of way."

--Hmm. Sounds intriguing. I'll consider reading that one. I can't wait for your review, Aimee.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3647 comments Anne wrote: "I just finished "The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie" by Jennifer Ashley and loved this book. The ending was one of the best "ahhhhh" moments I've had in much too long. The story was dark and sensu..."

--I so want to read that one. Maybe February...

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3647 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "OK, I found the information on her website:
Books in the Series

Book 1: The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Ian) Leisure, May 2009
Book 2: Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (Mac) Berkley Sens..."

--Off to add those to my tbr pile on GRs.

message 19: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7889 comments Well, I need to keep reading Tempt Me with Darkness, but I'm also going to start Devil in Winter today.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3647 comments Mariel, I really loved The Last Hellion. I think it's as good as LOS, but LOS touched my heart deeply with the story of Dain, and how unworthy of love he felt himself. I just think it's a magic book. But I do love The Last Hellion, as well.

message 21: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7889 comments Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Mariel, I really loved The Last Hellion. I think it's as good as LOS, but LOS touched my heart deeply with the story of Dain, and how unworthy of love he felt himself. I just think it's a magic bo..."

I ordered TLH from half.com and hopefully it will be here soon.

Ally72 | 92 comments Julie (Mom2lnb) wrote: "I'm reading LK's Where Dreams Begin."

Hooray Julie!!! I really liked "Where Dreams Begin" and I read on LK's website one time that Zachary has been one of her favorite heroes to write.

Ally72 | 92 comments Aimee wrote: "Right now I'm finishing up Afraid by Jack Kilborn. But Sugar Daddy is next on my list. I've been wanting to check out LK's contemporaries ever since I read Mine till Midnight. I finally got it f..."

Hooray Aimee!!! I loved "Sugar Daddy" and the book totally blew me away. If you like it, be prepared to read "Blue Eyed Devil" and "Smooth Talking Stranger" right away!

Ally72 | 92 comments I haven't had much time to read the past two days (grumble...grumble...grumble), but I plan on starting "Seducing the Heiress" by Olivia Drake. I hope I like it!
Ally

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3647 comments Too bad, about the limited reading time. I hope things will change for more reading time, Ally.

Ally72 | 92 comments Thanks Danielle...Work just gets in the way of free time! LOL! I think the rest of my week should be a little calmer...I hope! I hope everything is going well for you too.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3647 comments Darn that work!

Thanks, Ally. I hope you have a relaxing weekend with plenty of time to read. It's going to be really good for me. I'm going home this weekend, for good! Hallelujah! And I have Monday off! Happiness. :)

Ally72 | 92 comments Hooray!!! I am so glad you be able to go home (and stay there) for good! It will be wonderful to have a three day weekend to look forward to.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3647 comments Yes, I'm excited!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Finished a reread of The Lovely Bones last night-I loved it,but I love ghost stories and it seems like most people don`t ,and it didn`t ever get very good reviews,I wonder if the ghost storyline is why?

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3647 comments I love ghost stories myself, Kathy Anne. I have an issue with children being harmed or killed. That's why I haven't read this book.

Beanbag Love | 89 comments I'm reading Caressed by Ice right now. I'll follow it up with the new Tracy Anne Warren book and then probably the 3rd Scoundrels of St. James by Lorraine Heath. I'm really in a historical romance mood these days.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3647 comments Ah! Caressed by Ice. Judd. What a man!

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

This Dutchess of Mine by Eloisa James

message 35: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7889 comments I know how hard it is to put down her books. I'm reading Scandal In Spring and I was laughing so hard at the bowling game where it said that years later is was referred to the bloodiest game of bowl ever held. Too funnny!

Ally72 | 92 comments I have learned to not start any of LK's books unless I know I am going to have A LOT of time to read them. I just can't put them down because they are so good. Of course, I try not to read them too fast either because I want to make them last. It is crazy...I know!
Ally

message 37: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7889 comments Her books are different from other authors where her previous characters play heavily into the current book. I would imagine I'll have to read all her books in order.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3647 comments I think you'll be alright, Dhestiny. I think that Then Came You comes before Dreaming of You, but I was fine when I read Dreaming of You first. You can always backtrack.

message 39: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7889 comments Thanks, I appreciate the info.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3647 comments YW. :)

message 41: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 15, 2010 06:06PM) (new)

Just finished Pleasure Unbound-Larissa Ione

This is the third time I have reread this book because new sequels are coming out-Ecstacy Unveiled on 1/26-and am always surprised at how HOT this book is.It is a scorcher with the delectable Dr. Eidelon as the Hero,and a good story too.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3647 comments Yes, that is a hot book. I really like this series. I still need to read the last two books, but it's very imaginative.

Cynthia (Cgarrido) Right now I'm reading The Hunger games and The Darkest Night both great books so far

Patrid | 4 comments Aimee wrote: "Right now I'm finishing up Afraid by Jack Kilborn. But Sugar Daddy is next on my list. I've been wanting to check out LK's contemporaries ever since I read Mine till Midnight. I finally got it f..."

Aimee wrote: "Right now I'm finishing up Afraid by Jack Kilborn. But Sugar Daddy is next on my list. I've been wanting to check out LK's contemporaries ever since I read Mine till Midnight. I finally got it f..."

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "What books are you reading right now? "

Hi, I just found out about this site thru Amazon, so still trying to understand how to use it. Looking for good books to read and running out of ideas. I think you will like Sugar Daddy....I had eight people in my office read it. One woman know awaits any Lisa Kleypas release.

message 45: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7889 comments Patrid wrote: "Hi, I just found out about this site thru Amazon, so still trying to understand how to use it. Looking for good books to read and running out of ideas. I think you will like Sugar Daddy....I had eight people in my office read it. One woman know awaits any Lisa Kleypas release.
."

Welcome!! What is it you're trying to learn how to use, Good Reads? If so, there's a little box in the upper right hand corner of the screen that says "Find books..." Type in the author you're interested in, or the title of the book, and hit your enter key. It will bring up a list of books for you to search. If you click on the individual link for each book, it will take you to a synopsis of the book along with the books rating, such as Sugar Daddy has a rating of 3.87/5 . That rating is determined by Good Reads members who have read and rated the book.

You can also scroll down on that page a bit and read what members who have written reviews have had to say about that book.

I hope this has helped!

Patrid | 4 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Patrid wrote: "Hi, I just found out about this site thru Amazon, so still trying to understand how to use it. Looking for good books to read and running out of ideas. I think you will like Sugar Da..."

Thank you!

message 47: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7889 comments Patrid wrote: "Thank you!"

You're very welcome! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Anne I just finished Suddenly You this afternoon. Soooo good. Jack is YUMMY, and I loved Amanda!

message 49: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7889 comments Anne wrote: "I just finished Suddenly You this afternoon. Soooo good. Jack is YUMMY, and I loved Amanda!"

I'll be reading this one soon. :)

Alycia | 1476 comments I am currently reading my first Kleypas book Secrets of a Summer Night and am enjoying it :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 94 95