We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Comments (showing 1413-1462)    post a comment »

message 1462: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 3735 comments Welcome, Burbanista! One of our mods, Bekah is a huge fan of Gage!

message 1461: by Burbanista (new)

Burbanista | 20 comments Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* wrote: "Welcome to the group, Hayley! I love both Blue-Eyed Devil (Travises, #2) by Lisa Kleypas and Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3) by Lisa Kleypas Hardy Gates and Jack Travis are both swoon-worthy in different ways."

Well? How did you like Blue-Eyed Devil? It was a hard read in the beginning, but the Haven's healing phase with Hardy was so beautiful. Would love to know what you thought.

message 1460: by Burbanista (new)

Burbanista | 20 comments Hi!
I am SO ECSTATIC to have found this group. Gotta preface this by saying that I discovered Lisa Kleypas via her contemporary novels . I also recently saw that she got her start with historical romances, but I LOVE her Travis series. I was looking for kindred spirits because Gage & Liberty from "Sugar Daddy " are my absolute favorite couple. I don't understand why they haven't gotten more press.

So my questionnaire answers:

Name: Trudy
Favorite LK Books: Sugar Daddy!! , Blue-Eyed Devil!!
Favorite LK Couple/ Characters: Liberty Jones, Gage Travis, Hardy Cates, Haven Travis,
What do I like about LK books: The wit in the dialogue between her characters; the inherent sweetness of her story lines, the tight writing (nothing seems redundant or overwrought) and oh yeah...the sex is hot, but not gross!!!

I would love to hear from other folks who love Liberty & Gage. I had read the book twice, then ordered the Audible copy. I had really liked Gage & Liberty before, but once I heard Jeannie Stith narrate the Audible version, I was in love.

Sugar Daddy is one of my all-time faves. I read a lot and still they outshine everybody else.

message 1459: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 3735 comments Hugs back at you, Autumn. I am praying for you!

message 1458: by Autumn (new)

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments Aww, Thank you girls for all that love! Words can`t describe how much I missed the camaraderie of this place.

photo 44601_zps5610f83e.gif

It`s been a very challenging past year. It all started with a banged-up knee, then anemia.Not too long after that, we got hit with Sandy. And now It seems my blood pressure is always dropping, so I`m had extensive cardiovascular tests to find the culprit of my never ending maladies. *sigh*

Anyway, we can always hide in a good story or have a ball with your GR friends when RL gets too much to handle; no social skills required. Whats not love about it ;)? lol

(((((((huggs))))))))))))

Hope we can see more of each other here.

photo longtimenosee_zps04f3f61f.jpg

Haha! I couldn`t pass that pun! ;)

((((((((((huggs all around)))))))))))

message 1457: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 3735 comments Oh Autumn, I hope you're doing better. We love you!

message 1456: by Lisa Kay (last edited May 04, 2013 11:00AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4636 comments I'm glad you're back, Autumn! The darn Real Life! Always intruding. Glad you're feeling well enough pop in here. (((Cyber Hugs)))

message 1455: by Laura (new)

Laura (filoviridae) | 783 comments Autumn, I've been wondering how you have been...it had seemed like you hadn't posted for awhile. Good to see you.

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 2084 comments Missed you, Autumn. Great to have you back and so sorry to hear about your health. Really hope things are looking up for you now and being back amongst friends will help I'm sure. *big hug*

message 1453: by Autumn (last edited May 04, 2013 06:56AM) (new)

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments Hello there, Lisa! It`s been a while since I was last here. But believe me, it wasn`t for lack of wanting.My health hasn`t been the greatest,same emotionally. Its great to see some familiar faces- and new ones, too!

(((((((more hugs))))))

message 1452: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4636 comments So cute, Autumn! **waves**

message 1451: by Autumn (new)

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments Welcome, new members. :)

photo imagesqtbnANd9GcSBdIPyUM3V7sEQfVx_6hBPJsu05PTMTX61B5inUXcT9I5PJFGyyG3O_mSq.jpg

Hi, Hayley! What a pleasure having you here at LLK. Hope we can play in the group`s games as well ;)

message 1450: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 3735 comments Welcome, Hayley!

message 1449: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (mrsjohnson1985) Thank you for the warm welcomes =]

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 2084 comments Welcome to the group, Hayley! I love both Blue-Eyed Devil (Travises, #2) by Lisa Kleypas and Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3) by Lisa Kleypas Hardy Gates and Jack Travis are both swoon-worthy in different ways.

message 1447: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4636 comments Well, keep us posted!

message 1446: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (mrsjohnson1985) Haha! Well next in line is Blue-Eyed Devil, so hopefully that one is good :). BUT, I'm sure I will love Smooth Talking Stranger too when I get there! We seem to have a lot of similar tastes, so I am sure you won't steer me wrong hehe :)

message 1445: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4636 comments Oh, I hope you love Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3) by Lisa Kleypas half as much as I do, Hayley. I've read it, like, over 12 times! I'm stalking Jack Travis. LMBO!

message 1444: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (mrsjohnson1985) Hehe, thanks Lisa... I DID! I've fallen head over heels in love with her books :0). Just finished Sugar Daddy and I want to rush to the library to get the next one lol.

message 1443: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4636 comments Hayley! You made it here! Welcome! **waves**

message 1442: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (mrsjohnson1985) *~*Good Evening Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*~*

1.Name
Hayley

2. What are your favorite Lisa Kleypas books?
Oh, can't I pick them all!?!?! I've truly enjoyed all of them so far :). My latest obsession being Married By Morning & Sugar Daddy!

3. Who's your favorite Lisa Kleypas hero and heroine? Couple?
I'm going to go with Leo and Cat from Married By Morning... I just loved their story :) ((But then again I love all the couples in The Hathaways Series))

4. What do you like about Lisa Kleypas books?
What's not to love? She writes amazing historical romance & contemporary in my opinion. Her writing is easy to read and keeps me entertained for hours =)

message 1441: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4636 comments Welcome to W♥LK group, Marie! Yes, Kleypas writes the best heroes.

message 1440: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 3735 comments What Carol said!

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 2084 comments Welcome to the group, Marie! Fangirl all you like because you're amongst like-minded friends! :)

message 1438: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (last edited Apr 22, 2013 12:01PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 3735 comments Welcome, Marie! We are so glad you joined us!

message 1437: by Edan Marie (new)

Edan Marie Esquibel (mariedan11) | 4 comments When i first found this group (w/c was quite recently) o was like: OMG!!!! i have sisters out there, drooling over LK's men, like me!!
hahaha...
hi all! I'm Edan Marie, just Marie will do..
I have read Devil in Winter countless times, and still, I fall in love with Sebastian over and over again :D I really like Smooth Talking Stranger, Sugar Daddy, A wallflower Christmas, Forever my Love, Somewhere I'll Find you, waaaa... can't i just say them all? :D
St. Vincent and Evie are like.. *hands down. *no words required. :D i sometimes wish i could find my inner evie and be swept away by my sebastian :P i also like cocky Alec Faulkner :D All the Travis brothers, i want them all. :D
LK's novels make me believe in love again (i know, i know, too much drama). Hey, for someone who has a past/ doesnt have any, it really boosts up morale... or something. its like, even if i'm not in love today, as in, in reality, at least i have my fictional love stories and i dont think anyone would take that away.:D
I love it how LK portrays the heroes, all mighty and all, struggling for their feelings. gives me hope that men might actually be like that :D and they're sooooo adorable when they can't contain their love. :DDD
i'm fangirling here!!!!
who's with me? :D
I also love her series since she lets us take a glimpse of the lives of previous characters. i know you understand me, dear sisters. i mean, who wasn't excited when Evie was mentioned during the Hathaways? :DD

i look forward to interacting with you, dear co-fans :D

a toast to our romantic selves :))

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 2084 comments Welcome to the group, Cerian!

message 1435: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4636 comments Welcome to W♥LK, Cerian!

message 1434: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 3735 comments Welcome, Cerian. I am glad you found us. In case you have noticed it yet, I am definitely a St. Vincent and Evie fan! Love the ruthless heroes as well!

message 1433: by Cerian (last edited Mar 28, 2013 08:07PM) (new)

Cerian (rookieromance) | 1 comments Hi! I'm Cerian, and I can't believe it's taken me so long to find this group!
Some of my favourites are Devil In Winter, Dreaming of You and Because You're Mine. Although Devil In Winter is my absolute favourite!
So obviously, my favourite couple is Sebastien and Evie. He's utterly divine, and she has a wonderful quiet strength to her that makes them perfect together :)
I've been reading Lisa Kleypas books for years, and I can re-read most of them, over and over. I think I love them so much primarily because of the heroes. Especially the ones who are more ruthless, and need that special woman to love. Actually, all 3 of the books I've said are my favourites have very ruthless heroes lol

Anywhos, happy to be here!

message 1432: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 3735 comments Welcome, Grace!!

message 1431: by Grace Cieleen (new)

Grace Cieleen (Graceyco) | 10 comments Carol, Lisa -- to everyone here! You all don't know how excited I am to be here :)

message 1430: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4636 comments Welcome to the W♥LK, Grace!

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 2084 comments Grace Cieleen wrote: "Carol wrote: "Welcome to the group, Grace!"
Thank you Carol! I'm so happy I found this group! I absolutely love her!!"

This is a great group and I'm sure you'll love it! :)

message 1428: by Grace Cieleen (new)

Grace Cieleen (Graceyco) | 10 comments Carol wrote: "Welcome to the group, Grace!"
Thank you Carol! I'm so happy I found this group! I absolutely love her!!

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 2084 comments Welcome to the group, Grace!

message 1426: by Grace Cieleen (new)

Grace Cieleen (Graceyco) | 10 comments 1. Grace Co (I'm from the PH yey!)
2. Love in the Afternoon, Tempt me at Twilight and Blue eyed devil
3. It's Beatrix and Christopher Phelan!
4. What I like about her books is the way Lisa builds up the characters to be extremely love-able that you can't resist knowing more about them and once you do, you know you're hooked and there's no turning back.

I love how LK builds up her romance, the introductions, the tension and that overflowing passion that only her can masterfully deliver. I often end up melting and exploding to sugary feelings whenever I dedicate myself to reading one of her books. I have never encountered an author so perfect in delivering romance stories with the right amount of wit, humor and a chunk of love.

Lisa Kleypas is my kind of PERFECT author. I adore her.

message 1425: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 3735 comments Welcome, Jingles. Glad you found us!

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 2084 comments Welcome to the group, Jingles!

message 1423: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4636 comments Mine, too.

message 1422: by jingles (new)

jingles Thank you, Lisa Kay. Lol. Yep, I'm finding all these wonderful reading groups. And, I can never get enough of the romance genre. It is by far my all time favorite.

message 1421: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4636 comments Jingles! You're here! Welcome to W♥LK.

message 1420: by jingles (new)

jingles Hi. I'm jingles. I'm new to Goodreads and to the group.
2. Lisa Kleypas is a recent discovery for me. I recently read and loved Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor.
3. I don't have a favorite as of yet, but I'm sure I will soon.
4. She really makes you fall in love with the characters is what I like best about her books.

message 1419: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4636 comments Welcome to W♥LK, Monica!

message 1418: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 3735 comments Welcome, Monica!

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 2084 comments Welcome to the group, Monica!

message 1416: by Monica (new)

Monica C. | 2 comments 1. Monica
2. The Hathaways and The Friday Harbor Series.
3. Love Cam and Amelia- great chemistry.
4. I love that Lisa Kleypas' books are not your typical romance novels. They are humorous, witty, and not always predictable even though we know everything ends well.

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 2084 comments Welcome to the group, Cherrie!

message 1414: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4636 comments Great, Cherrie! Welcome to W♥LK!

message 1413: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 3735 comments Welcome, Cherrie! I've always felt that LK writes sublime romance that involves all the senses.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

It Happened One Autumn (other topics)
Secrets of a Summer Night (other topics)
Someone to Watch Over Me (other topics)
Dreaming of You (other topics)
Devil in Winter (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Laura Lee Guhrke (other topics)
Julie Garwood (other topics)
Mary Balogh (other topics)
Susan Elizabeth Phillips (other topics)
Julia Quinn (other topics)
More...