We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Comments (showing 1374-1423)    post a comment »

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4003 comments Great, Cherrie! Welcome to W♥LK!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3649 comments Welcome, Cherrie! I've always felt that LK writes sublime romance that involves all the senses.

Sheery (wwwgoodreadscomprofilesheery) | 29 comments Hi Cherrie - I completely agree with you about the emotional connection LK weaves between her readers and characters!

IMHO~C (Self-describedKindleaddict) | 2 comments 1. Hi my name is Cherrie ( I just discovered LK thanks to a recommendation from another GR group).
2. All the Wallflowers books are fantastic IMO.
3. Marcus and Lillian are my favorite couple thus far.
4. Lisa Kleypas writes in a way that makes me emotionally connect with and invest in her characters. She builds the relationships between her characters naturally so you believe in their feelings for each other.

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4003 comments Welcome to W♥LK, Thomas!

Thomas Marino | 2 comments Thank you

message 1417: by Gwen (new)

Gwen (GwenK) | 89 comments Welcome Thomas! You're in for a treat when you read Lisa Kleypas books! Enjoy! :)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3649 comments Welcome, Lindsey and Thomas!

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 1743 comments Welcome to the group, Thomas! I'm sure you'll love Lisa's books!

Thomas Marino | 2 comments Hi, I am new to the group. Love romantic reads. I have as of yet not read this author but am looking forward to.

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4003 comments Welcome to W♥LK, Lindsey!

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 1743 comments Welcome to the group, Lindsey! I enjoy her contemporaries but absolutely love her historicals.

message 1411: by Gwen (new)

Gwen (GwenK) | 89 comments Welcome Lindsey! I love all three of your choices, but I love anything she writes! Hope you enjoy the group! :)

message 1410: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (page317) | 2739 comments Welcome Lindsey!! You're in the right place! I too prefer her historicals, but really really enjoy her contemporaries as well. I think in terms of historical romance though, she's a legend.

Lindsey | 1 comments Hey all.. My name is Lindsey.. I am a special education teacher/ABA therapist from NY.... I've been a huge Lisa Kleypas fan for a while....It's hard to pick a favorite... i love the hathaway series... especially Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2) by Lisa Kleypas ... and I also love Dreaming of You (Gamblers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas
My favorite couple is without a doubt Evie and Sebastian from Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3) by Lisa Kleypas... it's a book that I re-read more than almost any other book ..
I'm not sure what it is I love about Lisa's books.. but I have to be honest and admit that I like her older books better than her new releases... just not as into the contemporary ones by her (not because I don't like contemporary though... while I love historical romance I also love contemporary romance too)... anyway.. I think her historical romance books are some of my all time favs in the genre!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3649 comments Welcome, Summer and Camila!

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 1743 comments Welcome to the group, Camila!

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4003 comments Welcome to W♥LK, Camila! No, not too long. I totally agree with you. Well, except I love Harry and Poppy.

Camicita | 1 comments Hello! I found some good comments about Lisa Kleypas in Happily Ever After Cafe, so I decided that I should take a look, and now here I am. I read Friday Harbor first because the cover of the third book really caught my attention, and then I didn't know which book to read next, so I searched for some of her best rated books, and decided to begin with The Hathaways series (it was too late when I found out that it was a sequel of Wallflowers). Now I fihished that series and I feel like I want to die because I miss that family a lot.

1. Name: Camila

2. Favorite book: So far all the Hathaways series... except maybe Tempt Me At Twilight, I didn't like Harry at all.

3. Who's your favorite Lisa Kleypas hero and heroine? Couple?: (This is hard, since I've only read two series and I already like most of her characters)
Hero: Cam, I guess, though I love Merripen too. Heroine: Amelia and Beatrix?
Couple: All the Hathaways couples, except Poppy and Harry.

4. What do you like about Lisa Kleypas books? Her words are like magic. I don't know how she does that, but I feel like I've known her characters forever, I get their humor, I laugh with them, suffer with them, love with them. She makes you want to be part of that world, and when you finish one book or series you wish there was more, like a neverending story.

Sorry for this loooong post. I guess that I'm excited because I found a new addiction and I can share it with someone hahaha.

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 1743 comments Welcome too the group, Summer!

❤Summer | 5 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Welcome to W♥LK, Summer. Yes, I get completely caught up in her world. Well said."

Thank you!

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4003 comments Welcome to W♥LK, Summer. Yes, I get completely caught up in her world. Well said.

❤Summer | 5 comments Name: Hi my name is Summer and joined this group a while ago but never did the intro, oops. I love LK and it all started by chance when I bought A Wallflower Christmas on sale because Borders was closing, then I had to read all the Wallflower series and then everything after that with the exception of 2 older books.

Favorite Book: Devil in Winter, Dreaming of You, Sugar Daddy, It Happened One Autumn oops couldn't just pick one.

Fave hero/heroine: I love Sebastian

What do I like about LK books: Get's me caught up in another world, wish I could go to some of those balls and dress up. I love her hero/heroines. Books are funny/emotional and I just enjoy them. She's one of the reasons I really came back to reading.

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments Welcome to the group,Vilda! :)

message 1399: by Vilda (new)

Vilda (vildareads) Thanks ladies! :D

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4003 comments Welcome to W♥LK, Vilda!

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 1743 comments Welcome to the group, Vilda! McKenna is one of my all-time favourite LK heroes as well.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3649 comments Hi Vilda! Welcome! I so agree with you on LK's writing and books.

message 1395: by Vilda (new)

Vilda (vildareads) 1. Name: Hello everyone! *waves* I'm Vilda, a pretty new Kleypas addict!
2. What are your favorite Lisa Kleypas books? Scandal in Spring!
3. Who's your favorite Lisa Kleypas hero and heroine? Couple?
I absolutely love McKenna, but my favorite couple is probably Sebastian and Evie!
4. What do you like about Lisa Kleypas books?
She's such an amazing writer! I love the romance and humour in her books, as well as the extremely swoon-worthy men. All her characters are also very unique and make up such perfect couples I adore!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3649 comments You girls are so sweet. Love all of you!

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4003 comments **hee hee**

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 1743 comments Autumn wrote: "Carol wrote: "For you Autumn..."

AWW Thank you, Carol! You guys are borderline amazing!!!! ((huggs)) I`m so glad we are in this together- long absences notwithstanding.

Lisa Kay wrote: "Well......"

Ah, we're back to bare chests I see!!

message 1391: by Autumn (last edited Nov 25, 2012 08:38AM) (new)

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments Carol wrote: "For you Autumn..."

AWW Thank you, Carol! You guys are borderline amazing!!!! ((huggs)) I`m so glad we are in this together- long absences notwithstanding.

Lisa Kay wrote: "Well...I can see you unraveling a sweater that was on him. LOL!

Ladies, forget about stitches and leather.. bared chest Elvis, I say!!!

Hello ladies..

sexy elvis presley Pictures, Images and Photos

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4003 comments Well...I can see you unraveling a sweater that was on him. LOL!

I wasn't much of a knitter...but I could crochet an edge around things...like a patchwork woven blanket or pillow.

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 1743 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "LOL! Nope."

I could have though. I was handy with a pair of knitting needles when I was young but he just never asked!

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4003 comments LOL! Nope.

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 1743 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "**snortsnort**

I bet you like him in a sweater, too~

"

Definitely, Lisa Kay! Would you believe I knitted that sweater?

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 1743 comments For you Autumn...

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4003 comments **snortsnort**

I bet you like him in a sweater, too~

[image error]

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments Carol wrote: Ah! Autumn, you know my weakness for the leather clad Elvis! Thank you!! ."

Haha, but of course!! What kind of friend would I be if I didn't? :) xxxx

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 1743 comments Autumn wrote: "Carol wrote: "I love that, Autumn! You're always so thoughtful."

:) Thank you, Carol for the kind words. :)

And there is no proper come back without the presence of our dear, Elvis.

Hello, Caro..."

Ah! Autumn, you know my weakness for the leather clad Elvis! Thank you!!

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments Carol wrote: "I love that, Autumn! You're always so thoughtful."

:) Thank you, Carol for the kind words. :)

And there is no proper come back without the presence of our dear, Elvis.

Hello, Carol! Long time no see ;)

[image error]

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 1743 comments I love that, Autumn! You're always so thoughtful.

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Sweet, Autumn!"

Hey, a sweet girl for amazing ladies!! :)

Missed guys a lot! ((hugs))

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4003 comments Sweet, Autumn!

Kristine Victoria | 1 comments That is so awesome.
Happy Holidays

message 1377: by Autumn (last edited Nov 25, 2012 06:50AM) (new)

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments A big welcome to all the WLLK new and not so new members. I`ve stayed out of touch for a while, but never forgotten about the lovely members here!!

Dropping big huggs!!!

[image error]

message 1376: by Gwen (new)

Gwen (GwenK) | 89 comments Welcome to WLLK Ladies! :)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 4003 comments Welcome to WLLK, Purtri!

message 1374: by Kris (new)

Kris (Kris1980) | 5 comments Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "Welcome, Kris, Laura, and Putri!"

Thanks, Lady Danielle!