We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Comments (showing 1561-1610)    post a comment »

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 3922 comments Amy wrote: "I was just recently driving a friend of mine crazy..."

**chuckles**

message 1609: by E. (new)

E. R. (DilawRosas) | 408 comments Been a while, but welcone new members! :-)

Jacqueline | 5 comments Lol!

message 1607: by Amy (new)

Amy Rodriguez | 9 comments Jacqueline, I love obsessing about every little thing about these books. I was just recently driving a friend of mine crazy asking her whether I should make the Hathaway books every other book or every third one. Lol! This is a little over the top even for me! I'm glad that I've found people here who will discuss these things with me :)

Jacqueline | 5 comments Thank you June! I'll surely try those-hadn't yet!

Amy, I won't lie to you that I can give you advice on a reading order!lol but I did start with the wallflower series (absolutely amazing!) and then moved to gamblers (loved only the second one) and now on the Hathaway (loving it)- I'm hoping our friends on the group could come to your aid on the order (i'll probably pick a leaf or two myself)....lol

message 1605: by Amy (new)

Amy Rodriguez | 9 comments Hi Jacqueline! I'm not sure I'd call this discipline...more like self-imposed torture! I'm really enjoying reading/listening to Transatlantic (which couldn't be much more different) but I'm dying to get back to another Lisa Kleypas book. I'm actually kind of cheating by scanning through a paperback version of Mine Till Midnight to find the parts that were left out of the audio version. (I can't believe they labeled it "unabridged" and still left out a side story that is really very important in my opinion. After I finish Transatlantic (I'm about halfway through) I'm planning to continue working my way through the Hathaway series, so Seduce Me at Sunrise is next. What order did you chose for working through the books? I've been planning to read the Hathaway series and then to go back and read the Wallflower series. A little backwards chronologically, but I've already gotten myself hooked on the Hathaways :)

message 1604: by June (new)

June (ladyjune) | 21 comments Welcome Jacqueline :)
Lisa Kleypas' books can be addictive, and her heroes are swoon-worthy *sigh*

If you like to try another author, try Elizabeth Hoyt or Tessa Dare.Both are my faves. Their style not exactly simillar to Lisa Kleypas but they are wonderful on their own way :)

Jacqueline | 5 comments Hi Amy! I can't switch.lol! clearly I lack the discipline! I am on a thorough Lisa Kleypas marathon-thanks to the comments from the wonderful goodreads members I have an order so I'm on full speed! I just finished a Julie Garwood marathon and before that was Mary Balogh-both really good!

message 1602: by Amy (new)

Amy Rodriguez | 9 comments Welcome Jacqueline! It's great to meet someone else who is just getting started reading Lisa Kleypas. I've only finished one of her books so far myself. I'm switching off between her and other authors. I can't wait to start another one of her books soon!

message 1601: by Amy (new)

Amy Rodriguez | 9 comments Thanks Danielle! It's great to meet you here. I'm looking forward to reading more books and discussing them here.

Jacqueline | 5 comments Thank you Everyone for the lovely welcome!!!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3647 comments Welcome, Amy. I'm glad that Lisa Kleypas showed you the potential of romance novels. She's definitely a standout writer in the genre, even from a fan of the genre of almost 30 years.

Welcome, Jacqueline. We are so glad you introduced yourself. I too love St. Vincent.

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 3922 comments Welcome to W♥LK, Jacqueline! Yes, much more blissful reading.

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 1715 comments Welcome to the group, Jacqueline. So pleased that you have discovered Lisa Kleypas's wonderful books. Judith McNaught was the author who first introduced me to historical romance.

Jacqueline | 5 comments Hi Everyone,
My name is Jacqueline, very excited to be here and to learn(i'm a very new reader and I didn't know it was this refreshing to read-I'm loving it) Well I've only read a few Lisa Kleypas books but READING ON!-she's wonderful! So far...
My fav book is Devil in Winter (so far)-still reading :-)
My fav hero is Sebastian Lord St. Vincent but can't seem to make up my mind when it comes to heroines between Sara fielding and Evie Jenner.... still reading!
I can't put in in words what its like to have just discovered reading and then land on authors like Lisa kleypas, judith mcanaught....etc, The way Lisa Kleypas writes always manages to make me crawl out of my hole and live a little (I'm quite shy)
I'm very glad to meet everyone here and I'm taking in all the advice and looking forward to blissful reading!!! Thanks for this group!!

message 1595: by Amy (new)

Amy Rodriguez | 9 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Delightful agony!"

LOL! I like that term."

:)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 3922 comments Amy wrote: "Delightful agony!"

LOL! I like that term.

message 1593: by Amy (new)

Amy Rodriguez | 9 comments Thanks Carol! It's great to meet so many like-minded women here! I really can't believe my luck at finding such a wonderful author with so many books that I can work my way through. I'm trying to restrain myself and not race through them all. I always enjoy books by an author more if I don't read them one after the other. But it's so hard not to pick up the next one immediately. Delightful agony!

message 1592: by Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* (last edited Jul 08, 2014 04:07AM) (new)

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 1715 comments Welcome to the group, Amy! I do envy you discovering Lisa Kleypas's wonderful books for the first time. I can never tire re-reading them.

message 1591: by Amy (new)

Amy Rodriguez | 9 comments June wrote: "Welcome Amy.
Cam was one of my fave hero, if only I can find one like him in real life :)"

Hi June! I'm excited to find another Cam fan here. I might need to read this book again later!

message 1590: by June (new)

June (ladyjune) | 21 comments Welcome Amy.
Cam was one of my fave hero, if only I can find one like him in real life :)

message 1589: by Amy (new)

Amy Rodriguez | 9 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Welcome to W♥LK, Amy! So neat you've discovered this wonderful, talented author. The Hathaways is a lovely series with with to start your addiction. And, yes, Rosalyn Landor is a wonderful narra..."

Thanks Lisa! I'm looking forward to a lot of great discussions here and also finding some other similar authors.

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 3922 comments Welcome to W♥LK, Amy! So neat you've discovered this wonderful, talented author. The Hathaways is a lovely series with with to start your addiction. And, yes, Rosalyn Landor is a wonderful narrator.

(view spoiler)

message 1587: by Amy (new)

Amy Rodriguez | 9 comments Hi Everybody! I'm so excited to find this group! I'm just about to finish my first Lisa Kleypas novel and I can't believe how addicted I am. I'm going through withdrawals just thinking about finishing this book. Thank goodness I have so many more books by her to read!

1. Amy
2. Mine Till Midnight (The only one I've read so far, but I LOVE this book!!!)
3. Same deal: It's my first book, but I absolutely love Cam. I'm sure I'll find another heroine that I like better than Amelia, since I get very annoyed with her, but that is part of the fun :)
4. I thought that I hated romance novels, but I can't stop thanking my friend who suggested these books. I love the fact that the characters actually have personalities (and strong personalities, at that) and that the book have actual plots and interesting dialogue. I also love the way the author weaves in the information about the gypsies and their language, as well as about inventions at the time and lots of other interesting information about the time period without making it feel tedious and tangential to the story.

I've recently started reading most of my books by listening to them (I buy audio books from audible.com). And I love the narrator for Mine Till Midnight. She's great at doing different voices for the different characters and giving real expression to their voices. I love the way she does Cam's voice. It makes me quiver inside sometimes! I can't believe I just said that since I have NEVER been a romance novel person! But Lisa Kleypas has completely changed my mind about what a romance novel can be!

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 1715 comments Welcome to the group, Dada!

Shuchi | 5 comments Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) wrote: "Welcome, Ashley, Daisey, Shuchi and Dada!"

Thank you for the welcome Danielle! :)

Dragana (Dada04) | 3 comments Thank you Lisa and Danielle,glad to be here :)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 3922 comments Welcome to the group, Dada!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3647 comments Welcome, Ashley, Daisey, Shuchi and Dada!

Dragana (Dada04) | 3 comments Hi,I'm new here and I'm glad to be :)
I'm Dada,and I love Lisa's books especially "Suddenly you" and "Then came you".
Lisa's books always make me smile and take me to an another world.

Sweet Daisey (Daisey12) | 3 comments Thanks Lisa. Glad to be here.

Shuchi | 5 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Welcome to the group, Daisey and Shuchi!"

Thank you Lisa! :)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 3922 comments Welcome to the group, Daisey and Shuchi!

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 1715 comments Shuchi wrote: "Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* wrote: "Welcome to the group, Shuchi! I love the Wallflowers and Hathaways series too."

Thank you carol. :) The series are so complete in their own way...that by the t..."

I think that is what is so wonderful about those series. It's like visiting old friends whenever I re-read them.

Shuchi | 5 comments Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* wrote: "Welcome to the group, Shuchi! I love the Wallflowers and Hathaways series too."

Thank you carol. :) The series are so complete in their own way...that by the time you finish them...you feel a part of their family and friend circle! :)

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 1715 comments Welcome to the group, Shuchi! I love the Wallflowers and Hathaways series too.

Shuchi | 5 comments Thank you so much for the welcome! :)
Hope to have a great time here! :)

Lovetoread | 1 comments Welcome Shuchi and Daisey. It looks like we love the same type of books. You are going to love this sight. It will give you new authors to look into and book suggestions for future reads, along with some outstanding people to meet and discuss your favorites.

Shuchi | 5 comments Hi, this is my first group, here at goodreads... :) Glad to be here.

1. Shuchi
2. "Dreaming of You", "Devil in Winter", "It happened one afternoon"...The entire Hathaway series and wallflowers!!
3. Fav. Couples : Derek Craven and Sara, Annabelle and Simon, Evie and St. Vincent
4. Lisa Kleypas creates a perfect story in each and every book of hers. The fictional characters seem so real, the entire setting is so beautiful and without any loophole, that you actually start living the characters, and its very easy to forget yourself and your dreary work-filled world for a few hours; and I think this is something every book lover looks for...an escape into a world, where there is love, family, fights, kisses, laughter, anguish, danger, yet all of it always has a happily ever after! :)

Sweet Daisey (Daisey12) | 3 comments Thank you for the welcome.

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 1715 comments Welcome to the group, Daisey!

Sweet Daisey (Daisey12) | 3 comments Hello,

1. My name is Daisey.
2. Favorite books are Dreaming of You, Lady Sophia's Lover, Worth Any Price and Married by Morning
3. Favorite couple Catherine and Leo or Lottie and Nick
4. Lisa's makes her character's seem real.

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 1715 comments Welcome to the group, Jessica and Ashley!

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 3922 comments Ashley wrote: "..., Lisa makes me really feel them fall for each other and understand why."

Welcome to W♥LK, Ashley! True, very true.

Ashley Jones | 2 comments Hello!

1. Ashley
2. Again the Magic, It Happened One Autumn, and Tempt Me at Twilight
3. Lillian and Marcus
4. "The Fall"… gosh, she writes the best ones. By that I mean she doesn't do what many authors do where the reader is told the two characters for no reason at all feel very attracted and connected to each other, Lisa makes me really feel them fall for each other and understand why. It's such a magical experience and she has ruined me for many other authors!

Jessica (burrow_j) | 2 comments Thanks for the Welcome!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3647 comments Welcome, Jessica!

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 3922 comments Welcome to W♥LK, Jessica!

Jessica (burrow_j) | 2 comments Jessica

Favorite book- tie between Dreaming of You and It Happened one Autumn.
Favorite couple- Westcliff and Lillian
I love her writing style. She creates characters you can't help but like or love.

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* | 1715 comments Welcome to the group, Adele!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 32 33