We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Comments (showing 1-50 of 1,610) (1610 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (last edited Jan 14, 2010 04:35AM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3641 comments Thanks for joining us!

Please tell us a little about you.

1. Name
2. What are your favorite Lisa Kleypas books?
3. Who's your favorite Lisa Kleypas hero and heroine? Couple?
4. What do you like about Lisa Kleypas books?

Hi Everyone! Thanks for joining. I'm glad there are so many LK fans around. I know she tends to come up often in romance novel circles!

1.Danielle
2.Devil in Winter, Dreaming of You, Then Came You, Secrets of a Summer Night, probably my top four favorites, although I have very few LK books I'm not fond of.
3. Fave hero (I know some of you can guess! Hint: I'm an official St. Vinnie's Ninny!) St. Vincent is my favorite hero. The man seduced me, even in It Happened One Autumn! Fave Heroine: Evie (she's adorable. I love sweet but strong heroines.) That's Evie in a nutshell. Runner-up: Lily Lawson (she has pluck).
4. She writes the most romantic books I've ever read. Her heroes are strong, passionate, compelling, seductive, and can be ruthless (I love a ruthless hero). When they fall for a woman, they fall hard. I love the way she describes scenes. The pictures in my head are so vivid. Her books are really hard to put down, and when I do, I sigh at the beauty of the love story within.

Holly (cranberrytarts) | 4 comments 1. Holly
2. Devil in Winter, Because You're Mine, Again the Magic, Midnight Angel (all of them..heh)
3. Logan Scott/Sebastian St. Vincent and Evie.
4. She's really fabulous at writing stories that pull you in. No, they aren't perfect and often her characters are very flawed, but I always end up emotionally attached to them.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7875 comments 1. People call me UM or Dhestiny.
2. So far I've only read Secrets of a Summer Night and I am currently reading It Happened One Autumn.
3. So far, my favorite hero is Simon Hunt. He's really the ONLY hero I have read about.
4. I like the way she developes her characters, and their dialogue and banter just feels so natural.

valee | 176 comments Hi Danielle, Nice to see your new group. As you've joined all my groups I was thrilled to join one of yours. I hope it grows bigger every day.

I'm Vale and so far I've only read the Wallflowers series, but I got so obsessed that I can't seem to stop reading them. Seriously it got to my faves shelf right away after finishing the first book and all of the rest kept the same parameter.
I love her writing style. I'll be starting another of her series right after finishing with the wallflowers. LOL. I can't seem to get enough of her. I think I'll go with the Hathaways. We'll see.
You should put a picture to the group, right? So it could be easier to identify it with Lisa Kleypas or nay oh her works.

Holly (cranberrytarts) | 4 comments Vale,

Again the Magic features Marcus' (from It Happened One Autumn) sisters. You might try that one next. It takes place before IHOA. Excellent book.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7875 comments Holly wrote: "Vale,

Again the Magic features Marcus' (from It Happened One Autumn) sisters. You might try that one next. It takes place before IHOA. Excellent book.

"

Is it also set before Secrets of a Summer Night ?

Holly (cranberrytarts) | 4 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Holly wrote: "Vale,

"

Is it also set befor..."

Yes, it's one of her earlier books. Something she wrote prior to starting the Wallflowers or Hathaways. In 2004 or 2005, I think.

Another book that is set partially at Stony Cross is Worth Any Price. The heroine of that novel is working at Stony Cross when the hero tracks her down.

WAP is the 3rd book in the Bow Street series; Someone to Watch Over Me, Lady Sophia's Lover and Worth Any Price. I prefer WAP to the other two, but they aren't bad.

valee | 176 comments Holly wrote: "Vale,

"

Hey Holly, thanks for the recommendation, I'll be adding it to my TBR pile right away. Would you remind me what IHOA means? LOL.

Holly (cranberrytarts) | 4 comments Vale wrote: "Holly wrote: "Vale,

"

Hey Holly, thanks for the ..."

It Happened One Autumn (I get lazy and abbreviate so I don't have to type out the entire title). ;0)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 391 comments 1. Hi, great group! I'm Pamela and I've liked everything I've read of hers. Some more than others, of course.
2. Some of my faves include Dreaming of You, Devil in Winter, Someone to Watch Over Me
3. Fave couple is probably Sebastian and Evie
4. Not sure what it is about her writing style I like but she has a talent of pulling the reader in and making you care about the characters even if they are not exactly lovable.

Aimee (Facere323) | 31 comments I'm Aimee. My favorite Lisa Kleypas book so far is Suddenly You. But I have so many yet to read! Amanda and Jack are also my favorite couple so far. But, like I said...there are so many left to meet! I love her books because her characters are so real. Which, of course, makes me care about them.

Dina (MissDina) | 713 comments 1. Hi, everyone! I'm Dina and I'm a big fan of hers. I haven't read her entire backlist and I'm wary of her contemporaries, but everything I've read so far was great.

2. Dreaming of You and Devil in Winter.

3. Sebastian and Evie, no question about it.

4. I don't know what it is, but I just love her writing style. I especially like her "working-type" heroes: even her titled heroes, like Westcliff, do more than twiddle their thumbs for a living.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3641 comments Vale wrote: "Hi Danielle, Nice to see your new group. As you've joined all my groups I was thrilled to join one of yours. I hope it grows bigger every day.

I'm Vale and so far I've only read the Wallflowers se..."

--Welcome Vale. You gave me the idea to start the group. I see she has a following, so why not a group?

You're right about the picture, or lack thereof. I had to go do some actual work for a little bit. LOL.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3641 comments I'm aging, and so is my memory. If you see a big LK fan missing among the ranks, please feel free to invite her/him (in case of male fans).

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3641 comments Hello everyone! Thanks for joining. I'm glad there are others who share the LK love. I feel like I talk about her way too much. And, oh, I don't know...St. Vincent! LOL.

D.L. (thedistantlight) | 1 comments 1. D.L.
2. Scandal in Spring, the Hathaways, and Suddenly You (it was the first romance I ever read)
3. Hard to pick. Probably Daisy/Matthew, Cam, and the Hathaway girls.
4. She always creates a good spark between characters.

message 17: by Ally72 (last edited Jan 12, 2010 11:45AM) (new)

Ally72 | 92 comments Thanks Danielle for creating this great group! I can now talk and talk and talk about her books with other people who love her too.

1. I'm Ally and have read all of LK's books except the Hathaway series (I am saving it).

2. My favorite books are "Devil in Winter," "Dreaming of You," "Suddenly You," "Secrets of a Summer Night," "Then Came You," "Sugar Daddy," and "Blue Eyed Devil." This was a hard question to answer!!!

3. My favorite couple has to be Evie and St. Vincent!

4. I love how LK's books are total escapism and put me in a different time and place. I really believe she is a gifted writer and could be successful in a lot of different genres (I am just glad she picks the one I like to read the most). The heroines are always ones I can connect with (in some way...usually) and the heroes are always very protective (sigh)! I especially like her heroes that become successful based on their talents.

Shawna (shawnalovesromance) | 48 comments Hi everyone! I'm Shawna and I'm a huge fan of LK's Travis's contemporary series. Sugar Daddy is one of my very favorite books, and I absolutely love Liberty's character and the romance between her and Gage. Smooth Talking Stranger is one of my top fav contemporary romances because Jack Travis is such a sexy, swoon-worthy hero!

I haven’t read any of LK’s historicals yet, but I’m planning to read them, soon! In fact, I’m hoping to read her entire backlist by the end of 2010.

message 19: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7875 comments Holly wrote: "Yes, it's one of her earlier books. Something she wrote prior to starting the Wallflowers or Hathaways. In 2004 or 2005, I think.

Another book that is set partially at Stony Cross is Worth Any Price. The heroine of that novel is working at Stony Cross when the hero tracks her down.

WAP is the 3rd book in the Bow Street series; Someone to Watch Over Me, Lady Sophia's Lover and Worth Any Price. I prefer WAP to the other two, but they aren't bad. ..."

Thank you for that information. I actually have the 3 Bow Street books waiting.

Lynsey A (LovesDarcy) | 29 comments Hi all!

1. Lynsey
2. Smooth Talking Stranger, Devil In Winter, Again the Magic
3. Sebastian and Evie, of course and Ella and Jack
4. Lisa really does a great job of emotionally connecting me to the characters. I loved Smooth Talking Stranger and the changes that Ella's character went through as her love for Luke grew and by the end I was bawling! Any author that can bring tears to my eyes is a winner for me! (Well, tears in a good way,that is).

message 21: by FlibBityFLooB (last edited Jan 12, 2010 11:48AM) (new)

FlibBityFLooB 1. Name = FlibbityFlooB (people call me Flib) :)

So far, I have read Again the Magic, Suddenly You, and the 5 Wallflower books. My favorite was probably DEVIL IN WINTER :)

3. Who's your favorite Lisa Kleypas hero and heroine?
Couple?
Hero -- Sebastian (the DEVIL) followed by McKenna
Couple = Sebastian and Evie. ;)

4. What do you like about Lisa Kleypas books?
I like that they can be a little darker at times. I also like the heat factor. And, I appreciate that they are written in an intelligent fashion :)

message 22: by Eastofoz (last edited Jan 12, 2010 12:12PM) (new)

Eastofoz My favourite Lisa Kleypas book 'is' Then Came You followed closely by Again The Magic and It Happened One Autumn --impossible to choose just one!

My favourite heroine is Lily from Then Came You.

Favourite couple is Lillian and Marcus from It Happened One Autumn.

Kleypas mixes emotion, sexual tension and banter exceptionally well.

I didn't like her contemporary Sugar Daddy because it's too angsty and it reads like chick-lit.

Colleen | 3 comments 1. Colleen

2. From her contemporary line - Smooth Talking Stranger; from her historical line - Devil in Winter

3. Contemporary - Jack & Ella; Historical - Sebastian & Evie

4. Her writing style just pulls you in. You can relate to her characters so easily.

I started off reading her contemporary novels first. I loved her books so much that I gave her historicals a try. She's the reason I started reading historicals. Love her books!! My only complaint - she's not writing fast enough. LOL

Beanbag Love | 79 comments 1. Beanbag Love, sometimes just called Bean, BB, or BBL

2. Fave books: It Happened One Autumn, The Devil in Winter, Mine till Midnight, Tempt Me at Twilight

3. Fave hero: Westcliff, Cam, Harry Rutledge, St. Vincent
Fave heroine: Evie, Poppy, Amelia, Beatrix (although she hasn't gotten her book yet, I love her now)
Fave couple: Westcliff and Lillian, Sebastian and Evie, Poppy and Harry, Cam and Amelia (although Cam should be with Daisy)
4. I love Kleypas's humor. And her romance is almost always very good. Well grounded with obvious chemistry. And there are usually some surprises, too.

Thanks for making this group, Danielle. As the Leo and Cat's book release nears, I'm going to need someplace to hang with my fellow Ninnies.

Anne OK | 99 comments Hi, I'm Anne (a/k/a oklanannie)

Thanks for starting this group!

I got hooked on Lisa Kleypas early on and never once have I ever been disappointed (except as mentioned - too long between books!). She writes delightful and dreamy stories for amazing characters. (She does!)

Favorite historical book: "The Devil in Winter"
Favorite historical Hero: Sebastian (yummo!)
Favorite historical heroine: Evie (she's got such spunk)

Favorite contemp book: "Smooth Talking Stranger"
Favorite contemp h/h: Jack/Ella, of course

But seriously, it is really hard to choose. Now I'm thinking of "Worth Any Price", "Dreaming of You", and then there's her last one, "Tempt Me at Twilight" with those cuties Harry and Poppy. They were delightful and I loved the banter between them.

The list goes on and on. Upon Reconsideration, I don't think I can choose just one!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3641 comments I just formed the group so I can wax poetic about LK books and her heroes without having shoes thrown at me by non-fans on other groups (the ones who don't get LK and why she is so beloved). LOL.

message 27: by Karen (last edited Jan 12, 2010 01:24PM) (new)

Karen (karmolina) | 6 comments Thanks for the invite, Danielle!

1. I'm Karen
2. Favorite LK Books: Secrets of a Summer Night, Again the Magic, Worth Any Price, Dreaming of You, and Smooth Talking Stranger
3. Favorite Heroes: Simon Hunt, Grant Morgan, Jack Travis, and Derek Craven
Favorite Heroines: Sara Fielding, Liberty Jones, Annabelle Peyton
Favorite couples: Simon and Annabelle, Derek and Sara
4. I love the fact that LK's scenes are so descriptive that I can get a clear picture in my head. Her characters (heroes) are almost always exactly what I would want in a RL hero. ;)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3641 comments Ah, Derek. Karen, he was my favorite before St. Vincent stole me away. :)

Karen (karmolina) | 6 comments Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I just formed the group so I can wax poetic about LK books and her heroes without having shoes thrown at me by non-fans on other groups (the ones who don't get LK and why she is so beloved). LOL."

Non-fans of LK? That must be a group of about 3 people. lol

Emma (EMMANUELLEJR) | 6 comments Thanks so much for the invite Danielle !!!

1 - I'm Emmanuelle
2 - Favorite LK book : Again the Magic
3 - Favorite hero : Sebastian St Vincent
Favorite heroine : Lillian Bowman
Favorite coupe : Evie and Sebastian
4 - What I love about her books : There is always the passion, never boring, the heroes are to die for and the heroines have backbones. The love scenes are sizzling and always fit the whole story. She's one of the queen of romances. LK is a queen of the genre. Not loving her books is like saying you love chocolate but hate Godiva's... it just doesn't make sense ;-)

message 31: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7875 comments Welcome everyone! This promises to be a fun, feel good group to belong to. Thank you, Danielle!

Rane (ranearia) Thank you Danielle for the invite!

1. Rane
2. Where Dreams Begin,Again the Magic,Dreaming of You,Stranger in My Arms,Then Came You, Suddenly You,Devil in Winter,Worth Any Price
3. Favorite hero : (tie!)Zachary Bronson,Jack Devlin,Derek Craven, Harry Rutledge
John McKenna
Favorite heroine : Amanda Briars,Sara Fielding, Lawless Lucy!
Favorite couple : Evie and Sebastian & Amanda and Jack
4. there's just something about LK's style, the way her words flow off the pages, with her heroines who have a great head on their shoulders and heroes to die for. I love all that LK does!!!

Cheryl (ghemomma) | 900 comments 1. Name- Cheryl

It Happened One Autumn, Worth Any Price, Suddenly You,Seduce Me at Sunrise

3. Who's your favorite Lisa Kleypas hero and heroine? Couple?
Hero- close toss-up between Nick Gentry and Westcliff (not only are these my favorite Lisa Kleypas heroes but my favorite heroes of any book I have read, they are my top two!)
Heroine- Lillian Bowman ( I loved the way she would face down Marcus and not take crap from him and not allow him to look down his aristocratic nose at her!), Evie (I loved the way she turned the tables on St. Vincent and had him begging her for mercy!)
Couple- Lillian and Marcus, Nick Gentry and Lottie

4. What do you like about Lisa Kleypas books? Lisa Kleypas was the second author that I had read historical romance by. Julie Garwood was my first! But I fell in love with LK's writing style as soon as I read my first book by her. My first was the Wallflower series and it was a great intro into the 1800's era historical romance. I love the way she writes in such a way that you can imagine the locations, clothing, smells as if you were a part of the book. I also love the way she writes so sensuously without being crude or trashy. Her books have all stuck with me in some way!

Dina (MissDina) | 713 comments Hey, Danielle, here's an idea: how about creating some polls to choose our favorite Kleypas' book, hero, heroine and couple? I've been reading everyone's answers to questions #2 and #3 and I'm curious to see who are the "winners", but I admit I'm too lazy to tally the answers, LOL.

Frezanda | 1 comments Hi, Danielle. Thank you for inviting me.
1. I'm frezanda.
2. My favorite book if I have to pick only one would be Dreaming of You
3. Favorite characters: Craven and Sara (of course)
4. I think I like it because when I read Lisa Kleypas' books the story really suck me in. I can feel the emotion and struggle of the characters. Besides that, humour is also a decided point. Her books can be funny without being overblown. The interesting historical details are also another great point of her books.

message 36: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (last edited Jan 12, 2010 05:12PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3641 comments Dina wrote: "Hey, Danielle, here's an idea: how about creating some polls to choose our favorite Kleypas' book, hero, heroine and couple? I've been reading everyone's answers to questions #2 and #3 and I'm curi..."

Great idea, Dina!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3641 comments Thanks everyone for joining!

Aimee (Facere323) | 31 comments Ok...I really need to get to the Wallflowers books! Everyone seems to love them!

message 39: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (last edited Jan 12, 2010 05:26PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3641 comments Aimee, they are wonderful books! I'm jealous you get to read them for the first time.

FlibBityFLooB Hehehe. I think it speaks volumes of Lisa Kleypas that this group is only a few hours old and already has dozens of members ;)

Thanks for the invite, Danielle!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3641 comments I am surprised, but not, at the same time, how many fans she has!

Annie (themadnessofhamsters) Thanks for the invite! I'm just beginning to read LK - so will hold back on making decisions for a little while...

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3641 comments No worries, Annie.

message 44: by Julianna (last edited Jan 12, 2010 05:56PM) (new)

Julianna (AuthorJuliannaD) | 371 comments Hi Everyone! I'm Julie. I see lots of familiar faces here. Thanks for the invite, Danielle. This should be fun.

So far, I've only read 10 of LK's stories (currently working on my 11th), so my current favorites are subject to change.;-)
Favorite Books: The Bow Street Runners series, Again the Magic
Favorite Couple (who also happen to be my favorite h/h): Nick Gentry & Charlotte Howard

What I like most about Lisa Kleypas' books is her deeply emotional and sensual writing style that almost never fails to suck me in and make it hard to put the book down. I also love her hard-working, uber-sexy, to-die-for heroes and plucky, independent heroines who both still have a sweet side.;-)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3641 comments You said it, Julie. I think that's what I like about her books, too.

Cynthia (Cgarrido) Thanks so much for the invite Daniel this is my first group Join!!!!

My name is Cynthia and I've only read Mine Till Midnight and I'm reading right now Again the Magic which I totally love so far Lisa has a great way of writing stories and I have put all her book on my TBR list I can't wait to read them all!!!!!!! My favorite hero so far since I don't have many to choose from yet is Cam Roham that sexy Gypsy man is wow!!!!!!

I look forward to this group!!!!!!!

message 47: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 12, 2010 08:21PM) (new)

Danielle ,
Thanks so much for the invitation.I am not aquainted with any of her books but I have been wanting to try some and this group of people that know this can really help me out.
I was reading thru the books listed below and they sure have some very good names.

Robyn (bamamom) | 37 comments Thanks for the invite Danielle and for starting the group.

1.I'm Robyn
2.Favorite is Devil In Winter and The Bow Street Runners Series
3.St.Vincent/Evie, Nick Gentry/Charlotte Howard
4.What I like about Lisa Kleypas' books is the first page always draws you into the story. There is passion and humor and sometimes sorrow but in the end there is always a happy ending. She is an author you always want to go back to and reread her books.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3641 comments Kathy Anne, there are some very knowledgeable fans of LK on this group, so it will be a great place to start. Be careful of the individual book threads, if you are wary of spoilers. It's great to see so many familiar faces!

Auntee | 151 comments Hi everybody! Thanks for the invite Danielle.:)

1. I'm auntee
2. Favorite book? It's a toss-up between "Where Dreams Begin", "Suddenly You", and "Dreaming of You"
3. Favorite couple? I love Zachary Bronson and Holly Taylor, Jack Devlin and Amanda Briars, and Derek Craven and Sara Fielding.
Favorite hero? Zachary Bronson. Favorite heroine? Amanda Briars.
4. LK is an amazing storyteller who makes me really care about her characters--that's what I look for in a romance.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 32 33