The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hello from snowy Ynys Mon

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Grace (grace-mahoney) | 4 comments Hello I've just started on this site and admit to spending too much time just trawling all the books. I am a recovering novel addict,who reads for a living, lucky me, and will read absolutely anything. I write poetry for fun and paint.

I live on an island just off the coast of Wales and today was the first real snow we've had here in years.

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (TNBBC) | 8470 comments Mod
HI Grace, welcome to TNBBC. Congrats on the snow... would you like some more? I have too much over here... It never seems to stop :)

Who are you reading books for? I would love to be able to be paid to read....

Cindy (Newtomato) Hi Grace! Oh, I absolutely adore the view from Anglesey back to the mountains. It must be so lovely with the snow. I lived in Cardiff for 3 years - Wales was pretty good to this American girl. ;)

Now tell us, how is it that you've finagled reading for a living?!?!

JSou (WickenburgAZ) Welcome Grace! I want your job!

Grace (grace-mahoney) | 4 comments Lori wrote: "HI Grace, welcome to TNBBC. Congrats on the snow... would you like some more? I have too much over here... It never seems to stop :)

Who are you reading books for? I would love to be able to be ..."

Hi Lori

Freelance and sometimes it's no fun at all, honestly.

Grace (grace-mahoney) | 4 comments Jessica wrote: "Welcome Grace! I want your job!"

Thanks Jessica

So many books so little time.

Grace (grace-mahoney) | 4 comments Cindy wrote: "Hi Grace! Oh, I absolutely adore the view from Anglesey back to the mountains. It must be so lovely with the snow. I lived in Cardiff for 3 years - Wales was pretty good to this American girl. ;)

..."

Did you visit North Wales Cindy? It is a lovely place and very peaceful. I've actually never been to Cardiff!

Bridgit | 475 comments Hi Grace! and welcome! I'm curious, what do you mean you freelance read? Is this as a reviewer? or as a screener for editors/publishers? What sort of background did you have to get this kind of job?

Sean Perry (PerryDigital) | 9 comments Hello from Liverpool, Wales. If I could worm my way into reading for a living I'd be richer than Tony Starks!

F1Wild | 484 comments Hi Grace! Love Wales, but never spend enough time there...

Welcome to the group!

unread topics | mark unread