Romance > Sweet Reads

Comments (showing 1-14)    post a comment »
dateUp arrow    newest »

message 14: by Sonja (new)

Sonja I am suggesting

The Will (Magdalene Series, #1) by Kristen Ashley

Amazing read!!

message 13: by Maria (new)

Maria | 113 comments Just finished Judith Michael's "Acts of Love." Not a "oh wow1" read, but entertaining and if you like theater, it will satisfy you.

message 12: by Becky (new)

Becky (ebab) | 375 comments Just finished "Family Blessings" in paperback by LaVyrle Spencer. Family Blessings by LaVyrle Spencer
What a wonderful, heart-tugging, emotional book. I cried from start to finish. 5 stars

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Have you tried the historical romances by Joyce DiPastena? She has published 3 books, and I really enjoyed all of them.

message 10: by Tracey (last edited Apr 20, 2012 10:28AM) (new)

Tracey (Stewartry) Has anyone read D.E. Stevenson? I'm always on the lookout for "gentle romances" for my mother - i.e., no explicit sex scenes and a good story - and Stevenson is one of both our favorites.

message 9: by DuckieMorroe (new)

DuckieMorroe | 1268 comments Morning Glory is one of my favorite books of all time by LVS .It was given to me and i never would've come across it otherwise because its quite old.

Susan Elizabeth Phillips is another favorite romance author of mine. I'd have to read her books again every so often :)

message 8: by Dara S. (last edited Sep 25, 2010 10:45AM) (new)

Dara S. (dara85) I just finishedRainwater by Sandra Brown. If you are interested in a sweet read. This is a good one. Part historical fiction, romance etc.

message 7: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (GISGirl) | 5 comments Thanks Lee! I think my fave L. Spencer book was Twice Loved.

message 6: by Lee, Mod Mama (new)

Lee (LeeKat) | 3959 comments Mod
Hello and welcome Heidi! I think I read one of hers ages ago but I can't remember the title off hand. She is definitely a romance writer of the sweet variety.

message 5: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (GISGirl) | 5 comments LaVyrle Spencer wrote a bunch of sweet, fluffy books--remind me of cotton candy!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I love the book and the film (the book is better). My daughter is reading the ending for high school speech contest in February.

message 3: by Lee, Mod Mama (new)

Lee (LeeKat) | 3959 comments Mod
Jeanette, I was surprised at how much I loved I Capture the Castle. It was almost a five star read for me.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Another I really enjoy is I Capture the Castle.

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I wanted to post one of my favorites, but didn't know where to put it: Sundays at Tiffany's. It is a sweet, little fantasy/romance story.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Sundays at Tiffany's (other topics)
I Capture the Castle (other topics)
Rainwater (other topics)
Family Blessings (other topics)
The Will (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sandra Brown (other topics)
D.E. Stevenson (other topics)
Joyce DiPastena (other topics)