Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Policies & Practices > Garcia Marquez

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jimmy (new)

Jimmy (jimmylorunning) | 5 comments I'm kind of confused. When I go to Gabriel García Márquez's page, it doesn't list his two most famous books: 100 Years of Solitude and Love in the Time of Cholera.

So then I do a search for those books separately and got many books ABOUT those books, but not those books themselves (except spanish versions of those books, with 0 ratings).

Am I missing something here?

message 2: by Ralph (new)

Ralph (sunwriter) | 212 comments Cent ans de solitude édition spéciale - tirage limité That's 100 Years of Solitude. The book was originally published in Spanish. Same with L' Amore AI Tempore Del Colera.

message 3: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (seeford) | 576 comments Not sure what is going on for you...

When I go to his page, the first two books listed are One Hundred Years of Solitude and Love in the Time of Cholera - both of the English titles are coming up as primary.

Note, when you do a search for the first book, all of the books are titled "One Hundred...", whereas all the LitGuides/SparkNotes, etc are titled "100", which might account for the search engine problem for the first title...

message 4: by Joy (new)

Joy (Aughadan) | 25 comments Carolyn wrote: "Not sure what is going on for you...

When I go to his page, the first two books listed are One Hundred Years of Solitude and Love in the Time of Cholera - both of the English titles are coming up as primary."

Same here. In fact, all of the books listed in the "Books by..." section are showing English language titles.

And when I search "100 Years of Solitude", the first result is the 162-edition version of One Hundred Years of Solitude. That's followed by the Spark Notes, etc.

message 5: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 1 comments Jimmy wrote: "I'm kind of confused. When I go to Gabriel García Márquez's page, it doesn't list his two most famous books: 100 Years of Solitude and Love in the Time of Cholera.

So then I do a..."

I just tried searching both books and had no problems. Although I did search "One Hundred Years of Solitude" not "100 Years of Solitude." Are you looking for the Spanish original edition or the English translation?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

One Hundred Years of Solitude (other topics)
L'amore ai tempi del colera (other topics)
Love in the Time of Cholera (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Gabriel Garcí­a Márquez (other topics)