All The Books You've Never Read discussion

General > What are you reading right now?

Comments (showing 401-450 of 674) (674 new)    post a comment »

message 401: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (NewTimeLord) | 551 comments i havent been reading it cuz its sorta boring at the begining

message 402: by Zakiya, Co-Mod... (new)

Zakiya the Walking Butterfly (walkingbutterfly) | 2810 comments Mod
Galya: I really loved Life of Pi. It'a hard to get into at first, but Parts 2 and 3 are a lot better than the first. :)

message 403: by Ayundabhuwana (new)

Ayundabhuwana (ayundabs) I finished Life of Pi a few weeks ago! It was a great book, very interesting and a fun read. my favorite part is part 2, but I like all the parts too :)

message 404: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** I have started reading PS, I Love You by Cecelia Ahern until I get The Last Song tomorrow!!

message 405: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (NewTimeLord) | 551 comments ayundabs wrote: "I finished Life of Pi a few weeks ago! It was a great book, very interesting and a fun read. my favorite part is part 2, but I like all the parts too :)"

I might have to give up on it for now

message 406: by Zakiya, Co-Mod... (new)

Just started Marked today :)

message 407: by [deleted user] (new)

You only reading the first two chapters for the buddy read?

message 408: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel i'm reading the da vinci code

message 409: by Zakiya, Co-Mod... (new)

Ameena: How are you liking it so far? Have you seen the movie yet?

Elyssa: ..... :)

message 410: by Zakiya, Co-Mod... (new)

Lyss: Will stop after this chapter so I don't get too far ahead.

message 411: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel Rhms-alpha (Zakiya) wrote: "Ameena: How are you liking it so far? Have you seen the movie yet?

Elyssa: ..... :)"

its really good and interesting
i've also read angels and demons
i havent seen the movie
i like reading the books then watching the movie
:>

message 412: by Zakiya, Co-Mod... (new)

I understand the books-then-movies thing. I like to know what really happened before they "remixed" it into a movie. Lol :)

message 413: by ƙămįƞāŕı« (new)

ƙămįƞāŕı« (hellokaty) Hello! Right now, I'm reading "Looking For Alaska" by John Green. It's a great book, I would recommend it to anybody(:

message 414: by Zakiya, Co-Mod... (new)

Thanks for the recommendation! And hello!! Happy reading everyone! ;)

message 415: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel i SOOOOO wanna read the host
is it good?

message 416: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm reading the host right now as well. How far are you?

message 417: by Jo (new)

Jo I'm reading The Bones

message 418: by Zakiya, Co-Mod... (new)

Haven't read it but it sounds really good! :)

message 419: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel ya i LOVED the twilight saga!
so i guess I'd also like the host!

message 420: by Zakiya, Co-Mod... (new)

I was going to getThe Host the other day, but I couldn't find it . . . When my mom was checking out, I looked at the books up front: The Host was right there the whole time! Lol :)

message 421: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel lol
i ALSO find it
but i never buy it
i dont knw why!
i just find different books which i think i might like more!
;P

message 422: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm reading Breaking Dawn!

message 423: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (NewTimeLord) | 551 comments the host is awesome!!!!!

message 424: by [deleted user] (new)

I might read it! :)

message 425: by Zakiya, Co-Mod... (new)

Dajana wrote: "I'm reading Breaking Dawn!"

Have you read it before or is this your first time?

message 426: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel breaking dawn is AMAZING!!
i LOVED it and the last chapters or the last parts r HILARIOUS!!

message 428: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) finished Betrayed (House of Night, #2) by P.C. Cast
started Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick
still reading Goddess of the Sea (Goddess Summoning, #1) by P.C. Cast

message 429: by [deleted user] (new)

Great Reading everyone. =)

message 430: by Ginny (new)

Ginny I'm starting to get picked on by my friends and family (and even the occassional librarian because I'm obsessing about the 1001 books u must read before u die! I seriously have a copy of the list that I take with me to the library or used bookstores! One of my friends made me promise I would only read 1000 of them. When I asked him why, he said it was because he didn't want me to die! Right now, I'm reading Cloud Atlas and Life of Pi,as well as A Prayer for Owen Meany.In June, though, I will be starting to interpret an English class for a deaf client, so my freetime will be cut into.I guess I don't have to finish all 1000 of them before the end of the year; another friend told me I still have a lot of years left to my life. : D

message 431: by Jen (last edited May 23, 2010 08:27PM) (new)

Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile) (Jen_thebibliophile) | 98 comments In the thick of Soulless (The Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger. Must finish soon...can't put book down...yeah!!

message 432: by Jo (new)

Jo ☪☠Lizz☠☪ wrote: "Prophecy of the Sisters (Prophecy of the Sisters, #1) by Michelle Zink"

Ooo i wanna read that. Let me know if its good!

message 433: by [deleted user] (new)

Ginny wrote: "I'm starting to get picked on by my friends and family (and even the occassional librarian because I'm obsessing about the 1001 books u must read before u die! I seriously have a copy of the list t..."

You do know they update the list all every year and books that you read will no longer be on the list next year. It is a never ending battle.

How many of the books do you have done?

message 434: by Andrez (last edited May 24, 2010 03:02PM) (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) finished Hush, Hush
finished Goddess of the Sea
started Evil Star

message 435: by OmG_iTs_LiZaRd (new)

OmG_iTs_LiZaRd Jo wrote: "☪☠Lizz☠☪ wrote: "Prophecy of the Sisters (Prophecy of the Sisters, #1) by Michelle Zink"

Ooo i wanna read that. Let me know if its good!"

I really liked it.To me it had a good twist

message 436: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel **Carla** wrote: "I have started reading PS, I Love You by Cecelia Ahern until I get The Last Song tomorrow!!"

CCCOOOOOLLLL!!
i wanna read them both!!
tell us how they go

message 437: by Zakiya, Co-Mod... (new)

message 438: by [deleted user] (new)

I started reading Marked by P.C. Cast as well.

Also started reading Nightlight: A Parody of Twilight by Harvard Lampoon & I got to say it is not really funny at all. Not once have a bust out laughing. I might end up putting it in the couldn't even finish pile.

message 439: by Zakiya, Co-Mod... (new)

I hope you do. I mean I know it's disappointing you bc it's supposed to be funny, but I don't like anything that makes fun of Twilight. Unless it's just really funny. The GRs group, TWILIGHT HATERS, has a lot of funny pix making fun of the Twi series; I liked all of them except fotr the last one cuz it was a Disney pic with cussing on it. :[

message 440: by Jen (new)

Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile) (Jen_thebibliophile) | 98 comments I read the synopsis for that Nighlight:A parody book and all the reviews stated that was about as funny as it gets.

I'd be unhappy about the Disney pic with cussing. Definitely not cool.

I am currently 100 pages into Changeless (The Parasol Protectorate, #2) by Gail Carriger. Miss Alexia Tarabotti you lovely, lovely woman!

message 441: by [deleted user] (new)

I take it you picked Changeless! LOL! I'm going to follow suite shortly.

message 442: by Jen (new)

Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile) (Jen_thebibliophile) | 98 comments Elyssa, I couldn't help myself *looks sheepish*, especially with that scrumptious cover. Alexia looks more fearsome than ever and I HAD to see what she was up to next. Dirigible is a fabulous word, don't you think? As such, it was most persuasive and lured me right in.

message 443: by Zakiya, Co-Mod... (new)

Jen said: "I'd be unhappy about the Disney pic with cussing. Definitely not cool."

I know, when I saw it, I almost laughed out loud, but then I noticed that the 2 characters were from Beauty and the Beast. I wasn't very happy about that picture at all after I noticed that.

message 444: by [deleted user] (new)

Some people just have no tack. Funny has its limits.

message 445: by Zakiya, Co-Mod... (new)

Yes, it deff does.

message 446: by Jordan (last edited May 25, 2010 11:14PM) (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 181 comments Yes, tact is crucial to humor. What I find interesting (well, immature at least) is all the discussions about the pictures. They don't argue about the words, the Twilight fans go and call everyone retarded for hating it. Except, in more words than that. *sigh* Really, random person who likes Twilight?

Going back to the original topic, I'm reading The Return of the King and rereading The Good Girl Revolution: Young Rebels with Self-Esteem and High Standards. It's fascinating, though not a book for kids.

message 447: by Woolfie (last edited May 26, 2010 12:34AM) (new)

Woolfie Silverbane (Nightlightknight) I'm reading The Children of Húrin by J.R.R. Tolkien
by J.R.R.Tolkien

message 448: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 181 comments I'd actually never heard of that one. What do you think of it?

message 449: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** Ameena wrote: "**Carla** wrote: "I have started reading PS, I Love You by Cecelia Ahern until I get The Last Song tomorrow!!"

CCCOOOOOLLLL!!
i wanna read them both!!
tell us how they go"

I will do!!! They are both really good so far!

message 450: by Ginny (new)

Ginny ❤ ☠ Elyssa ☠ ❤ wrote: "Ginny wrote: "I'm starting to get picked on by my friends and family (and even the occassional librarian because I'm obsessing about the 1001 books u must read before u die! I seriously have a copy..."
I know that they do- I'm not strictly following one list; if one of them has a book I like better then I use that book- it's weird but sort of makes sense to me. I'm mostly doing this for the older books, the ones that I never read but always felt like I should. So far, I have read 74 of the 1001.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Vampire Academy (other topics)
Shiver (other topics)
Uglies (other topics)
Graceling (other topics)
Wicked Lovely (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Richelle Mead (other topics)
Maggie Stiefvater (other topics)
Sherrilyn Kenyon (other topics)