Book Freaks discussion

The book points > AR points

Comments (showing 1-50 of 158) (158 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Michelle (last edited Feb 02, 2010 07:28PM) (new)

Michelle taylor Some people may have this in school. Its a point thing that you have to get the right points for every book you have read.

This will start on 1/1/2010.
So if you want to find out if your book is worth points let me know.
Post the title here and i will gladly cheak and post your points.

People that has the AR points so far.

halee 206 points
austin 163 points
Katherine the Cat Lover 151 points
Bella&Edward (Annette) 142 points
Aviva 98 points
Kathleen 80 points
M.A.D Game- 44 points
Leonor 24 points
Bhawanni 19 points
Cielo- 15 points

FangRulez The Hunger Games.
Finished on the first does it count?

Michelle taylor lol yup it does cielo!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Michi wrote: "Some people may have this in school. Its a point thing that you have to get the right points for every book you have read.

So if you want to find out if your book ..."

lol its 2010...it looks so strange kinda

Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews (Meadowmist) | 4 comments What about The Brutal Telling by Louise Penny

Michelle taylor lol i no! i get confussed over the years now lol.

&& i will look for you elizabeth :]]

Bookworm Little Brother by Cory Doctorow (Sp?)

Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews (Meadowmist) | 4 comments Michi wrote: "lol i no! i get confussed over the years now lol.

&& i will look for you elizabeth :]]"

THANKS.

Michelle taylor no elizabeth its not :'[[

Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews (Meadowmist) | 4 comments Michi wrote: "no elizabeth its not :'[["

Ok...thanks. for checking.

THANKS.

"

Michelle taylor enytime :]]

Kataury I think AR tests are pointless. It's just people who made a test to show you that you aren't a good reader. There were several people that actually tested AR books. Dragon's Milk, by Susan Fletcher, was an AR test that they experimented on. They had Susan, who wrote the book, come in and take the test on her book. She got 90%. The fact that an author failed at her own book quiz is just evidence that AR's are completely ridiculous and are just tests that make people look like idiots and losers that can't read.

Michelle taylor lol yaa. but im not gonna give tests on the books. just the points. i like cheakin on my own points. lol.

Stray (strayme) uh...I finished 'the awakening' on jan 1st.

Stray (strayme) stiilll...I have no idea what that is

Michelle taylor whos the book by?

and well lol.
if everyone needs a bit too understan what Ar is. look at this link.

http://www.arbookfind.com/default.aspx

that is AR :]]

Stray (strayme) so it is a book searcher?

Stray (strayme) ah I think i got it.so...you search a book and that certain book has a certain ammount of points rite?

Michelle taylor yes. you can look for eny book you want and it will show you the points on the book.

Stray (strayme) aah

Stray (strayme) one of the books im reading right now has...uh...35 points

thats goog right'?

Michelle taylor lol yes it is. when your finished with the book let me know. i will put the points up there. ^^

Syd シド ♫Just one of the wolves ♫ (Sydaroo) | 39 comments i remember ar points i didnt no they still existed i liked them we used to get all sorts of prizes

Stray (strayme) lol...here there r no ar points

Syd シド ♫Just one of the wolves ♫ (Sydaroo) | 39 comments oh nvm i get it lol

Gabby (Luna247) | 44 comments Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception by Maggie Stiefvater. Points: 11 (I looked it up myself! hehe XD )

I was also going to check Ballad: A Gathering of Faerie by Maggie Stiefvater but it's not on there yet since it's new :( Lol XD

Gabby (Luna247) | 44 comments wait does it have to be from books that you've read on 1/1/10 or later, or can it be from books before then?

Gabby (Luna247) | 44 comments lol wait nevermind i get it now XD

Stray (strayme) from 1.1.10

Kristina  (volcanicpunk) awe, the books i've read so far are not on that site

Heather B (HeatherBenson) Michi wrote: "Some people may have this in school. Its a point thing that you have to get the right points for every book you have read.

So if you want to find out if your book ..."

what exactly is the AR point system, what do you do with the points and what do they mean?

Gabby (Luna247) | 44 comments Leonor wrote: "from 1.1.10 "

haha yeah thanks

Michelle taylor i always loved AR points. Every month i will pick 2 people out of the book part and AR part to be mods. :]]

lol kristina your reading the romanse books. no wonder! lol.

&& gabby is that book with the 11 points from 1/1/2010 intell now? lol.

Stray (strayme) I finished the lovely bones!!

that makes 2 books this year:
the awakening-8 points
the lovely bones - 16 points
=
24 points!!!!!yayay

Michelle taylor lol yaayy. the books im reading isnt AR. so ill have to waitt :P

message 36: by Kristina (last edited Jan 02, 2010 04:31PM) (new)

Kristina  (volcanicpunk) awe. v.v well damn, i'll have to go find some non romance then. but 2 of laurell k hamilton books are on there, and there are some steamy scenes in her books.

Stray (strayme) lol

Michelle taylor lol waiit! which one?? lol..

Stray (strayme) lool both

Michelle taylor lol theres more then one leonor.

Stray (strayme) more than one leonor?

Cecilia (cissygold) My daughter has this at her school. So instead of posting my points I will post her's. She is in 5th grade and is always looking for something to read. Please feel free to make recommendations.

Michelle taylor 5th grade... humm.. i would say the hunger games cecilia. If not. look on my prophile. theres books in the 'ar' section you can look at to see what you want your daughter to read :]]

Heather B (HeatherBenson) Cecilia wrote: "My daughter has this at her school. So instead of posting my points I will post her's. She is in 5th grade and is always looking for something to read. Please feel free to make recommendations."

Has she read The Series of Unfortunate Events? I read that when I was about that age and really like thouse books.

Michelle taylor ooo yaaa. who can ever forget them books?? they were awsome lol. i tottally loved the movie also.

Heather B (HeatherBenson) Me too, even though it was kind of backwards :S
Why did they only make one?

Heather B (HeatherBenson) Also I'm reading The Van Alen Legacy, does that get any AR points?

Michelle taylor well it wasnt backwards love. they just fit like what? 3 books in it? and i have no clue.. maybe there makin anouther one.

and yes thats a AR book. lol. trust me i would no. i read all thoughs books already :P

Heather B (HeatherBenson) Where do you go to find out what the points on books are? Is there a website or something?

Heather B (HeatherBenson) And the only reason that I say it was backwards is that they hard the wedding at the end of the whole movie instad of just the first part, but I think hat it worked for the movie.

« previous 1 3 4

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Van Alen Legacy (other topics)