Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Good Buys > January 2010 Purchases

Comments (showing 101-126 of 126) (126 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Joseph  (BlueManticore) | 1350 comments Mod
Got another delivery from Bookdepository.com : Shades of Grey: The Road to High Saffron by Jasper Fforde
A great book, one of the two 5-star reviews I've given so far this year.

message 102: by Amy (new)

Amy (londoninlights) | 32 comments Went to Borders afterschool today and couldnt resist...
Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore The Stolen One by Suzanne Crowley Haunting Of Alaizabel Cray by Chris Wooding Princess Ben  Being a Wholly Truthful Account of Her Various Discoveries and Misadventures, Recounted to the Best of Her Recollection, in Four Parts by Catherine Gilbert Murdock The Devouring (The Devouring, #1) by Simon Holt Bliss by Lauren Myracle Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

message 103: by Rene (new)

Rene | 23 comments Joseph: What a good idea! I never thought of looking them up on this website while shopping! Thanks for the idea.

LooLoo | 125 comments I received more books I ordered online. I'm just going to sum up this months purchases as a butt load and leave it at that!

Oy vay. Guess what? I brought home another five used books from the library:
East of Eden by John Steinbeck
The Secret Supper: A Novel by Javier Sierra
206 Bones by Kathy Reichs
Salt: A World History by Mark Kurlansky
and
National Geographic on Indians of the Americas

Quite a variety, huh? And that brings me up to 68 for the month, too.

Michelle | 474 comments LooLoo wrote: "I received more books I ordered online. I'm just going to sum up this months purchases as a butt load and leave it at that!"

A "butt load"? LOL! I'm right there with you LooLoo. Between ebay, Borders, and the used bookstore, I've bought quite a few this month. I'd be lying if I said I was done for the month. Borders has a 33% off coupon that expires 2/1/10; I almost never allow one of those coupons to go to waste :P

Michelle wrote: "Borders has a 33% off coupon that expires 2/1/10; I almost never allow one of those coupons to go to waste :P ..."

I'm doing the best I can to fight off the urge to use those 33% off coupons. So far so good, but it is NOT easy! lol

Valorie A B&N.com package arrived today with....
Street Game (GhostWalkers, #8) by Christine Feehan Inked (Includes  World of the Lupi, #4.5) by Karen Chance Naked Dragon (Works Like Magick, #1) by Annette Blair

And received an Ebay package with....
Staying Dead (Retrievers, #1) by Laura Anne Gilman Curse the Dark (Retrievers, #2) by Laura Anne Gilman Bring It On (Retrievers, #3) by Laura Anne Gilman Burning Bridges (Retrievers, #4) by Laura Anne Gilman Free Fall (Retrievers, #5) by Laura Anne Gilman

I think that brings me to 51 this month!

LooLoo | 125 comments I wonder if any of us have bid against each other on ebay? LOL!

Michelle - I'm glad to know I'm in good company with my butt load of books. HEHEHE!

Michelle | 474 comments Valorie wrote: "A B&N.com package arrived today with....
Street Game (GhostWalkers, #8) by Christine FeehanInked (Includes  World of the Lupi, #4.5) by Karen ChanceNaked Dragon (Works Like Magick, #1) by Annette Blair

[bookcover:Staying Dead|4265..."

Valorie, I'm drooling over here! Those are all books that I'd like to read.

Michelle | 474 comments LooLoo wrote: "I wonder if any of us have bid against each other on ebay? LOL!

Michelle - I'm glad to know I'm in good company with my butt load of books. HEHEHE!"

I'm starting wonder the same thing LooLoo.

Valorie LooLoo wrote: "I wonder if any of us have bid against each other on ebay? LOL!

Michelle - I'm glad to know I'm in good company with my butt load of books. HEHEHE!"

With my luck on Ebay, I've probably lost to a lot of Goodreaders!

Valorie Michelle wrote: "Valorie wrote: "A B&N.com package arrived today with....
Street Game (GhostWalkers, #8) by Christine FeehanInked (Includes  World of the Lupi, #4.5) by Karen ChanceNaked Dragon (Works Like Magick, #1) by Annette Blair

[bookco..."

Yep, I can't wait to jump into them!! I bought them on B&N.com. They are having that buy 2 romance novels get one free sale! I couldn't resist!

Valorie Went to a couple used book stores today and bought....
[image error] Bad Blood (Crimson Moon, Book 1) by L.A. Banks [image error] Daughter Of The Flames (Silhouette Bombshell) by Nancy Holder Daughter Of The Blood (Silhouette Bombshell) by Nancy Holder Darkness Rising by Elissa Wilds Rumble on the Bayou by Jana Deleon Show No Mercy (Black Ops, #1) by Cindy Gerard Take Me Tonight (Bullet Catcher, #4) by Roxanne St. Claire Sew Deadly (Southern Sewing Series, #1) by Elizabeth Lynn Casey Cooking Up Murder (Cooking Class Mystery, Book 1) by Miranda Bliss

When I got home I had a package from Ebay...
Sea Witch (Children of the Sea, #1) by Virginia Kantra Sea Fever (Children of the Sea, #2) by Virginia Kantra Sea Lord (Children of the Sea, #3) by Virginia Kantra

That brings me to 65!

Michelle | 474 comments Valorie wrote: "Went to a couple used book stores today and bought....
[image error]Bad Blood (Crimson Moon, Book 1) by L.A. Banks[image error]Daughter Of The Flames (Silhouette Bombshell) by Nancy Holder[book..."

Valorie, you and I could go shopping together anytime! I've been doing my best to avoid the used bookstore this week, but I don't think I can hold out much longer. Truthfully, I don't even want to. Looking at your purchases this week has me making revisions to my wishlist and planning on completing what I like to call my "book circuit". I start out at the used bookstore, then go to BAM, then end at Borders. I thought I could resist since I went crazy on ebay this month, but I just can't now, lol!

LooLoo | 125 comments Valorie, I read the three Kantra books and liked them. Kind of different. Book 3 was the best and there is suppose to be a fourth one out this fall.

I went to a book signing tonight and got Alice I Have Been: A Novel signed by Melanie Benjamin. She also talked a little about how she wrote it. Her talk was really interesting and I gave the book 5 stars.
I also won an uncorrected advance proof as a door prize there: The House of Tomorrow by Peter Bognanni
That brings me up to 70 books I've added to my library this month. Still have 3 days to go. :-)

Valorie LooLoo wrote: "Valorie, I read the three Kantra books and liked them. Kind of different. Book 3 was the best and there is suppose to be a fourth one out this fall."

Oh good! They looked like they would be interesting.

January is now over, so feel free to head over to the poll and post your tally for the month here: http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/29...

Valorie I was visiting friends in Sacramento, Ca this weekend and picked up a few books from a used book store there.

Night Life (Berkley Sensation) by Elizabeth Guest [image error] Heat Seeker (Elite Ops, #4) by Lora Leigh Flamingo Fatale (Trailer Park Mysteries) by Jimmie Ruth Evans A Deadly Arrangement (Feng Shui, #1) by Denise Osborne

Then bought from B&N ....
[image error] Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep

So my total for the month of January is 72!

Traveller (Moontravlr) Ah. I feel at home here. I'm actually afraid to count how many books I've bought this January..
My count is in the sixties at least....oops, I'd say in the 70's at LEAST *cough*
...but I bought all of them on two different book sales, and at three 2nd hand bookstores, some for very good prices.

Does that make it ok, do you think?

Traveller, you are going to fit in just fine here. If you want to feel better, check out the Jan. poll. Last I looked there were a couple who had bought just as many as you (like me) and some who had bought even more. :-)

Traveller (Moontravlr) Well, Since I've started the task of catalogueing my books via goodreads, I've also started re-packing my shelves, a task which I see now was way overdue. Books were not even going onto shelves anymore, they were being stuffed into closets, under beds, desks and the like.

I don't even have any more space for one more bookcase. Where do you people put them all? (Well, I'm proud to say that since I've started re-packing, I've shipped about 20 books out and to the used bookstore. ) Still, that's not enough out to accommodate all that's coming in...

message 124: by Amy (new)

Amy (londoninlights) | 32 comments Hooray just ordered a bunch from Borders, with that 33% coupon and buy 4 get 1 free promo and some borders rewards points...could NOT resist!

The Thief (The Queen's Thief, #1) by Megan Whalen Turner The Queen of Attolia (The Queen's Thief, #2) by Megan Whalen Turner The King of Attolia (The Queen's Thief, #3) by Megan Whalen Turner The Hollow Kingdom (The Hollow Kingdom Trilogy  Book I) by Clare B. Dunkle Close Kin (The Hollow Kingdom Trilogy  Book II) by Clare B. Dunkle In the Coils of the Snake (The Hollow Kingdom Trilogy  Book III) by Clare B. Dunkle The Explosionist by Jenny Davidson The Hourglass Door by Lisa Mangum Year of the Griffin (Derkholm, #2) by Diana Wynne Jones Tiger Moon by Antonia Michaelis Queen's Own Fool by Jane Yolen The Sherwood Ring by Elizabeth Marie Pope

message 125: by Devi (new)

Devi (shimmerpop) | 22 comments I was at half-price books and off the clearence cart I got:

Inuyasha Volumes 8, 9, 10, and 13.

And then there I also got:

Naruto Volumes 28 and 29.

At Borders with my coupon I got:

Yellow Omnibus 1

Very excited! My collection just grows and grows and makes me all glowy and happy!!!

InuYasha, Volume 8 by Rumiko Takahashi InuYasha, Volume 9 by Rumiko Takahashi InuYasha, Volume 10 by Rumiko Takahashi InuYasha, Volume 13 by Rumiko Takahashi Naruto, Vol. 28  Homecoming by Masashi Kishimoto [image error] Yellow  Omnibus Edition Vol 1 by Makoto Tateno

Friends, any February purchases post here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/2...

January is over, you know. :-)

1 3 next »