SHIFTER LOVE discussion

Let's Talk About Books! > Book / Author Suggestions

Comments (showing 1-45 of 45) (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥, Founder (new)

♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥ | 2423 comments Mod
I found have been looking for more shifter and were books, so I compiled a list as of what I found. I hope this helps those looking for a new series and such!

Heart of the Winter Wolf By Dani Harper
Skinwalker By Faith Hunter
Duau, the Lion of Tomorrow By Marisa Chenery
Destiny of the Wolf By Terry Spear
The Better to Hold You By Alisa Sheckley
Into the Flame By Christine Dodd
Second Skin By Caitlin Kittredge
The Werewolf Whisperer By Ericka Scott
Lionsmate By Marteeka Karland
Furry, Fluffy and Wild By Celia Kyle
Night Critters 1 Must Love Dogs By Lena Austin
Red Lioness Tamed By Savanna Kougar
River By Skyla Dawn Cameron
Marked by Moonlight By Sharie Kohler

message 2: by ♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥, Founder (new)

Rational Animals By K.A. M'Lady
Lady Anne and the Howl in the Dark By Donna Lea Simpson
Kitty Raises Hell By Carrie Vaughn
Taming the Beast By Jinx Williams
Call of the Highland Moon By Kendra Leight Castle
Confessions of a Werewolf Supermodel By Ronda Thompson
The Hollowing By N.D. Hansen-Hill
Cycle of the Werewolf By Stephen King
The Wallflower By Dana Marie Bell
Moonlight Hero By Jessica Coulter Smith

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (last edited Dec 30, 2009 09:31AM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) Wolfsbane and Mistletoe is a holiday werewolf collection. It's definitely worth a read for werewolf fans.

Also
The Dark One
The Untamed One
The Cursed One
by Ronda Thompson.

message 4: by KellyJo (new)

KellyJo Danielle "The Book Huntress"
Also
The Dark One
The Untamed One
[book:The..."

I just got all of these at the book store.. hope they are worth the read.

message 5: by Jιℓℓιαи (last edited Dec 31, 2009 09:58AM) (new)

Jιℓℓιαи  (JillJam)

Moonlight by Rachel hawthorne
Full Moon
Dark of the Moon
Shifter
Stray by Rachel Vincent
Rogue
Pride
Prey
Kiss of Fire By Deborah Cooke
Kiss of Fury
The Passion by Donna Boyd

message 6: by ♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥, Founder (new)

I always get a little annoyed when people say there are not a lot of shifter books. There are plenty!

message 7: by M (last edited Dec 31, 2009 12:15PM) (new)

M (ReaderGirl67) Tantalizeby Cynthia Leitich Smith.
City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glassby Cassandra Clare.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) Kelly wrote: "Danielle "The Book Huntress"
Also
The Dark One
The Untamed One
[book:The..."

I just got all of these at the book store.. hope they are worth the read.

--I really enjoyed them.

"

message 9: by Jan (new)

Jan (authorsidekick) Lynn - Second Skin by Caitlin Kittredge is actually the 2nd book in a series that starts with Night Life.

Other books with shifter:
Strange Angels and Betrayals by Lili St. Crow

The Smoke Thief, The Dream Thief, Queen of Dragons, The Treasure Keeper by Shana Abé

message 10: by ♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥, Founder (new)

Sorry, I have not read any that I posted.

message 11: by chucklesthescot (new)

chucklesthescot I need to get reading the Rachel Vincent books-they have been sitting in my shelf for AGES. Mind you, a lot of my books have been sitting there for ages when I think about it...

message 12: by ♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥, Founder (new)

Once you pick up the Vincent series, you honestly will not want to put them down. I think it was book 4 that I cried like a baby. I think they are her best work.

message 13: by ♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥, Founder (new)

I just looked over this list, I still have not read anything that I posted. LOL! I need to get look into these!

message 14: by Sandra J (last edited Apr 29, 2010 06:32AM) (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 70 comments Shelly Laurenston writes shifter books. Pack Challenge is the first of the Magnus Pack books, followed by Go Fetch! and Here Kitty, Kitty. She has a whole series of lion shifter books (that include several members of the Smith wolf-shifting pack as well as wild dog shifters and bear shifters and hyena shifters)which starts with The Mane Event. And as G.A. Aiken she has a series of dragon shifter books that start with Dragon Actually.

Jιℓℓιαи  (JillJam) Need (Need, #1) by Carrie Jones has shifters in it

message 17: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (lottie_da) Vampire kisses
8D

♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡ I had no idea there were so many of these books! I am always looking!

message 19: by Catherine (last edited Oct 07, 2010 08:20AM) (new)

Catherine Banks (catherine_banks) | 205 comments I'm just going to put the first book in each of the series I'm listing:

Shifters of: wolves, large cats (lions, tigers, jaguars), hyenas... Also vampires, warlocks, witches and other mythical beings. Also my FAVORITE series ever.
Magic Bites by Kate Daniels

Werewolves, vampires, fey:
Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs

Dragons:
You Slay Meby Katie MacAlister

Playing With Fireby Katie MacAlister

Love in the Time of Dragons by Katie MacAlister

Bird & Snake shifters:
Hawksong by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Werewolves:
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn

Howling at the Moon by Karen MacInerney

Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur

Werewolves, sorcerers, demons and others:
Tempting Danger by Eileen Wilks

This series has multiple characters, but there are werewolves in it and you can read just the books with the werewolf main character...that's what I did.
Bitten by Kelley Armstrong

message 20: by Jane (new)

Jane Doe | 16 comments Wolf Signs: Granite Lake Wolves, Book 1, 2, 3 by Vivian Arend

Men of Alaska: Animal Instinct by Paige Tyle

Wolf Rain by Flesa Black

Alpha Turned by KB Alan

Foxy Lady: A Cougar Falls Story by Marie Harte (this is a series)

Serengeti Lightning: Serengeti Shifters, Book 3 by Vivi Andrew

The Pack Collection by Karen Whiddon

Moonlight Champion (Ashton Grove Werewolves) by Jessica Coulter Smith again a series

Arctic Shift: Denali Heat, Book 1 by Lissa Matthews

Nikolai's Wolf by Zena Wynn

message 21: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (lyssad87) | 116 comments I'm hoping that I could get some suggestions for really good audiobooks. I've never listened to one before, but I think I might like to try it. I think I would like to start with a YA book, but I am interested in any suggestions that I can get too.

Thanks. :-)

message 22: by Jane (new)

Jane Doe | 16 comments Alyssa wrote: "I'm hoping that I could get some suggestions for really good audiobooks. I've never listened to one before, but I think I might like to try it. I think I would like to start with a YA book, but I a..."

Hi Alyssa,
My daughter and I listen to audio books...we both really enjoyed the Maxium Ride series by James Patterson. Harry Potter is great...we have the books and cd's so we could listen on trips and then read them at home. Also, Narnia the whole series is wonderful.
Hope that helps.

message 23: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (lyssad87) | 116 comments Cool, thanks for the suggestions.

I've been meaning to get into the Maximum Ride series.

Maybe I'll try one of the Harry Potters, since I've read the books a ton of times.

message 24: by ♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥, Founder (new)

I liked the Hunger Games on audio. The part where she sings was done well.

I also liked Janet Evanovich's One for the Money. Laughed my head off.

message 25: by ♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥, Founder (new)

I was looking for a new series and forgot about this list. I still have a lot to read according to these lists.

message 26: by April (new)

April (AprilBeep) | 5 comments Wow! No Nicky Charles or Jennifer Alli? Ok so Shifters is my guilty pleasure as I know all of u as well!

Nicky Charles has 4 books published on Barnes and Noble and Smashword FOR FREE! Author ask if you like em to donate ... Cool Right! Even better they are all ranked in the 4s on Good Reads

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

Mating
Keeping
Finding
Bonded
<3<3<3

Then Jennifer Alli has the Love Bite Series that has 3 books but a 4th in the works

A Wolf's Duty
A Wolf's Oath
A Wolf's Pride

All ranked in the 4s as well
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

I have a shelf dedicated to Shifters and Were... your welcomed to take a peek =)

message 27: by ♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥, Founder (new)

Thanks April!! I haven't gotten to read any of these yet! Thanks for being these to our attention.

message 28: by April (new)

April (AprilBeep) | 5 comments Your welcome =) sharing is caring and I thought bout these earlier.

There is another one that was published last March but I guess got picked up by a publishing company and is about to be re-released this month... and they have the 2nd book in the works to be released in the Summer.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15...

Another series I found is the Legacy Series by NJ Walters and their is 6 books in it.
http://www.goodreads.com/series/51152...

message 29: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 742 comments I really, really liked Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, # 1) by Suzanne  Wright as mentioned by April. Highly recommended.

message 30: by Ninab (Honesty is the Best Policy) , Alpha on the Prowl (new)

Ninab (Honesty is the Best Policy)  | 1196 comments Mod
Loved Feral Sins - can't wait for Wicked Cravings which comes out April 16!

message 31: by Alisa (last edited Apr 13, 2013 09:10PM) (new)

Alisa I really like the Big Bad Wolf series. They are usually not very expensive & I recently saw the whole bundle on sale for a great price. The third one is currently free on amazon so you could try that to see if you like them. (it was actually my fav in the series) These guys are Alpha-alphas. Totally crazy, your are "Mine!" kind of guys.

The Heat (The Big Bad Wolf, #1) by Heather Killough-Walden The Strip (The Big Bad Wolf, #2) by Heather Killough-Walden The Spell (The Big Bad Wolf, #3) by Heather Killough-Walden The Hunt (The Big Bad Wolf #4) by Heather Killough-Walden

message 32: by Ninab (Honesty is the Best Policy) , Alpha on the Prowl (new)

You know I think I bought the bundle a while ago but couldn't get into it - I might have to revisit it. :)

message 33: by Alisa (new)

Alisa Ninab wrote: "You know I think I bought the bundle a while ago but couldn't get into it - I might have to revisit it. :)"

The first book wasn't a great read for me. Had I have started with it I may not have kept reading. I started with The Spell & then went backwards. The Strip was really good too, IMO.

message 34: by Shianne (new)

Shianne (Shazza_Octavia) | 1 comments Sandra J wrote: "Shelly Laurenston writes shifter books. Pack Challenge is the first of the Magnus Pack books, followed by Go Fetch! and Here Kitty, Kitty. She has a whole series of lion shifter books (that inclu..."

I feel in love with this series.. Can't get enough of those bears or Bo Novikov.. Thanks to everyone who posted Shifter books, i know have many books to read..

((Hoping to find more Bo Novikov's in those books)) :P

message 35: by Iris (new)

Iris (CarpeLibraNL) | 136 comments Shianne wrote: "Sandra J wrote: "Shelly Laurenston writes shifter books. Pack Challenge is the first of the Magnus Pack books, followed by Go Fetch! and Here Kitty, Kitty. She has a whole series of lion shifter ..."

Yeah.... Bo is just too adorable for words ^^ With his schedules and directness. His book is my favorite book of the series and can't even count how many times I've reread it. It's still too hilarious for words ^^

message 36: by Sandra J (last edited Jun 14, 2013 05:26AM) (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 70 comments I adore Loch from The Mane Squeeze (Pride, #4) by Shelly Laurenston. I love those bear shifters almost as much as I love the cat shifters. Dana Marie Bell has a couple of related shifter series out. The earlier is the Halle Pumas starting with The Wallflower (Halle Pumas, #1) by Dana Marie Bell, and the more recent one is the Halle Shifters (bears!) starting with Bear Necessities (Halle Shifters, #1) by Dana Marie Bell.

message 37: by Bobbi (new)

Bobbi Romans (BobbiR) | 29 comments Here's some of the series I've loved.

1) Christine Warrens the 'Others' (She's no Fairie Princess, Wolf at the Door, etc)

2)Keri Arthurs Guardian Series. (Riley Jensen)

3) Juliana Stones Jaguar Series

4) Jeanine Frost Night Huntress (Cat and Bones)

5)Kate Douglas (Wolf Tales)

6) Katie Reus

7) Lauren Dane (Cascadia Wolves)

8)Kresley Cole (A Hunger like no Other I think was book one)

9) Cynthia Edens (all of hers are fantastic) but Night Watch series springs to mind.

To name some of my favs.
:)
Bobbi

message 38: by Yulia (new)

Yulia (EvilYuli) | 1 comments New Species series by Laurann Dohner in which the characters have partly animal DNA so they have animal behaviors but don't actually shift. (kind of like Lora Leigh's Breeds series but much better in my opinion)
She also have two books in Mating Heat series which are about more conventional shifters.
Also the Jane Yellowrock series by Faith Hunter in which the main character can turn into different animals, but mostly into a big kind of cat like lion or puma and it's great since you get to read from the cat's POW when she's in control >_< a little to no romance though...

message 39: by N.I.Rose (new)

N.I.Rose | 1 comments Shifters, shifters...
Hmmm...some interesting series here that I haven't read yet...will have to add a new shelf just after reading this discussion alone. ;)

Well... I absolutely adore Patricia Briggs and her Mercy Thompson series...
but Masques and Wolfsbane (her Aralorn series) are great too!!!

And then I recently discovered Blue Moon Rising and The Hunt is On (The Patroness Series #1+#2).
Oh...Blue Moon Rising is free on Amazon today...just scrolled past it. ;)

I also really enjoyed Tammy Blackwell's Timber Wolves Trilogy (YA) that starts of with Destiny Binds.

message 40: by Ninab (Honesty is the Best Policy) , Alpha on the Prowl (new)

Really like Blackwell's Timber Wolves - technically YA but it didn't read that way.

message 41: by Missyb (new)

message 42: by .chel. (new)

.chel. (itsCHEL) | 5 comments Just started reading the Elder Races Series. So far, I've read Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison & Storm's Heart (Elder Races, #2) by Thea Harrison & I really liked it. Currently reading Serpent's Kiss (Elder Races, #3) by Thea Harrison

message 43: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 70 comments Oracle's Moon is next then. Loved that one!

message 44: by .chel. (new)

.chel. (itsCHEL) | 5 comments Sandra J wrote: "Oracle's Moon is next then. Loved that one!"

Oh, I can't wait. =)

message 45: by Shelby (last edited Nov 05, 2013 03:08PM) (new)

Shelby | 4 comments I've read the Timber Wolves Series Destiny Binds (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #1) by Tammy Blackwell by Tammy Blackwell and Law Of The Lycans Series The Mating (Law of the Lycans, #1) by Nicky Charles by Nicky Charles Both really good series.
I also enjoyed reading My Wolf's Bane (Shapes of Autumn, #1) by Veronica Blade Shapes Of Autumn Series by Veronica Blade
Shifting Shadows (Sparks Collide, #1) by Amanda Kelly Sparks Collide Series by Amanda Kelly
Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1) by Quinn Loftis Grey Wolves Series by Quinn Loftis
Bound By Blood (Bound, #1) by Cynthia Eden Bound Series by Cynthia Eden