Koontzland - Dean Koontz discussion

Chris Snow Series > Ride The Storm (Moonlight Bay, #3)

Comments (showing 1-50 of 189) (189 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Dustin Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Dustin Crazy little brown owl (Dustpancrazy) | 4789 comments Mod
For those who haven't heard and are wondering, yes there is a third Chris Snow book in the works. Here's Dean's own words about it:

"The third Chris Snow novel - after FEAR NOTHING and SEIZE THE NIGHT - will be written, God willing, but has been delayed because other ideas demand attention first. RIDE THE STORM, the third Snow, has been cooking for a long time, but it's a delicate dish to develop."

Source: Most Frequently Asked Questions pamphlet, 2008 (delivered with my first issue of Useless News - see the Useless News topic for more info)

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 6 comments YES! I am so happy he is continuing this series. I love the intelligent dog and cat and the monkeys with eye shine! I read them a few years ago but have always wished he would write another.

message 3: by Lori (new)

Lori (Barfield) Awesome!!! I do like the Snow Man.

message 4: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) Love Chris, happy to know we'll be seeing him soon

message 5: by Dustin Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

:-) Don't know how soon that will be - I predict late 2010 at the very earliest (but kinda doubt Ride The Storm will available in 2010) Usually we get word of new books at least 6 months before they're released.

message 6: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) As long as it's in the works, I'm happy.

message 7: by Dustin Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

It's planned :-) So plan on being a happy Koontz fan :-) After this Fear Nothing Graphic novel is finally available, the next book I know of being released is Lost Souls in June. I'm always excited to hear about Dean's new releases.

message 8: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) That's the new Frankenstein, right?

message 9: by Dustin Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Yes Lost Souls is book 4 :-)

message 10: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) Great! I just finished the third one.

message 11: by Dustin Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

I know :-) I love Jocko btw

message 12: by Jackie (last edited Jan 17, 2010 07:35AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) He was funny. What's up with the compulsion to be a Jester? Only DK can write such characters!
I loved the Ericas.

message 13: by Dustin Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

I just loved that little guy :-) he made me laugh out loud. Good news - You'll get to see more of Erika 5! It's gonna be interesting to see what Koontz does with these next Frankenstein books.

Guess this Ride the Storm discussion is getting a little off topic - oh well :-) it's all relative.

message 14: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) I can't wait!

message 15: by Jason (new)

Jason Cooperrider (plasborgma) | 1299 comments Yay for both Ride the Storm and Lost Souls!!!

message 16: by Rhys (new)

Rhys | 13 comments Really? I'm but ardently looking forward to read the book..I love the Snowman... ")

message 17: by Dustin Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

It might be a while of a wait on book 3, but in the meantime I plan to re-read Fear Nothing and Seize the Night this year :-)

message 18: by Jason (new)

Jason Slovak (JoeysDad) | 81 comments Just finished Seize the Night less than 5 minutes ago and I can't wait for this 3rd book to come out! Sounds like it could be a while though. Oh well, I'll buy it the day it's released. :)

message 19: by Emily (new)

Emily (emahh1) | 66 comments choo choo ridin' the midnight train to snowman land! LOVE these books!

message 20: by Simon (new)

Simon Ash | 7 comments It could be a very long wait for the conclusion of the XP man saga. Momentum is gone, while Oddie and Frankenstein are hot.

message 21: by Dustin Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Simon wrote: "It could be a very long wait for the conclusion of the XP man saga. Momentum is gone, while Oddie and Frankenstein are hot."

Yep.

message 22: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (darkstarcassidy) | 8 comments I read snow series so long ago can someone remind me what happened-?

message 23: by Dustin Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Jenn wrote: "I read snow series so long ago can someone remind me what happened-?"

Monkeys, Surfer, A place called Wyvern, Midnight Train, Fear Nothing, Seize the Night, Science project gone wrong, conspiracy, a character that can't be out in the daylight but who isn't a vampire.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

message 24: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (darkstarcassidy) | 8 comments There was a girlfriend also, i will read the last one cause i did like the books yeah snow had xp its all comin back to me thanks

message 25: by Dustin (new)

Dustin I hadn't realized that Koontz has had another Moonlight Cove story in the works...

message 26: by Marina (new)

Marina F. (Marina_Fontaine) | 103 comments He's been promising to do it forever, but honestly I don't think he will. Last I heard he said it went in a different direction and became so big he'd need time to really flesh it out. If he didn't end the last one on a cliff hanger, I'd be OK with it, but I do find this pretty frustrating.

message 27: by Dustin Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Dustin wrote: "I hadn't realized that Koontz has had another Moonlight Cove story in the works..."

It's Moonlight Bay silly! :-)

message 28: by Dustin Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Masha wrote: "He's been promising to do it forever, but honestly I don't think he will. Last I heard he said it went in a different direction and became so big he'd need time to really flesh it out. If he didn't..."

Well at least he's finally coming out with a new ODD book... in 2012 I think.

message 29: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Masha wrote: "He's been promising to do it forever, but honestly I don't think he will. Last I heard he said it went in a different direction and became so big he'd need time to really flesh it out. If he didn't..."

Did he REALLY end it with a cliff hanger!?!

message 30: by Marina (new)

Marina F. (Marina_Fontaine) | 103 comments I count (view spoiler) as a cliffhanger.

message 31: by Dustin Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Masha wrote: "I count [spoilers removed] as a cliffhanger."

Wow! I would count that as a cliff hanger too. I don't remember much from the story. If I had the book I'd check it out - might have to check Seize The Night out from the library.

Seize the Night by Dean Koontz

message 32: by Nora aka Diva (new)

Nora aka Diva (DuctTapeDiva) | 246 comments Masha wrote: "I count [spoilers removed] as a cliffhanger."

Holy crap, I had forgotten that, it's been so long since I read the two.

message 33: by Sasha (new)

Sasha (sourpatchheart) | 4 comments It's so hard to be patient on this one! I've been waiting for YEARS for the third Chris Snow book<3. He is quite possibly my favorite character in a book.. EVER! Yes, i even place him above Odd Thomas ;p

message 34: by Ciscokid (new)

Ciscokid | 7 comments I would probably place him above Odd Thomas too. I wish Dean Koontz would hurry up and finish the third one.

message 35: by Jojo (new)

Jojo | 1 comments I've been waiting for the third Chris Snow forever - I definitely prefer him to Oddf Thomas who TBH I got a bit fed up with after the 2nd book

message 36: by Marina (new)

Marina F. (Marina_Fontaine) | 103 comments Odd Thomas does get more interesting as a character over time. I liked the last book a lot. But, Chris Snow is way cooler, even without special powers.

message 37: by Dustin Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Jojo wrote: "I've been waiting for the third Chris Snow forever - I definitely prefer him to Oddf Thomas who TBH I got a bit fed up with after the 2nd book"

What does TBH stand for?

message 38: by Nora aka Diva (new)

Nora aka Diva (DuctTapeDiva) | 246 comments to be honest = TBH

message 39: by Dustin Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Nora wrote: "to be honest = TBH"

Thanks for clearing that up. That makes a lot more sense than the things I was coming up with :-)

My guesses were:
Truth be Hell
The Bitch in Hell

All I could think of is the H stood for Hell.

message 40: by Marina (new)

Marina F. (Marina_Fontaine) | 103 comments Sheesh Dustin! Reading too much horror lately?

message 41: by Nora aka Diva (new)

Nora aka Diva (DuctTapeDiva) | 246 comments Dustin Crazy little brown owl wrote: "Nora wrote: "to be honest = TBH"

Thanks for clearing that up. That makes a lot more sense than the things I was coming up with :-)

My guesses were:
Truth be Hell
The Bitch in Hell

All I could th..."

You're welcome :)

message 42: by Dustin Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Masha wrote: "Sheesh Dustin! Reading too much horror lately?"

Mostly been watching scary movies which takes away from my reading time, but still gives me nightmares :-)

message 43: by Keith (new)

Keith | 2 comments hey its 2012 is the third chris snow book out yet?

message 44: by Toni (new)

Toni | 5 comments Keith wrote: "hey its 2012 is the third chris snow book out yet?"

Nope, still waiting...lol

message 45: by Tony (new)

Tony Talbot | 54 comments Here we all are, 11th May 2012...still no sign of Snow.

Mayan Apocalypse approaching people! Need to read Chris Snow number three before the end of the world!

message 46: by Marina (new)

Marina F. (Marina_Fontaine) | 103 comments I'm sure it's not a coincidence. We'll just have to wait and find out. I have a feeling there will be no more Chris Snow *cry*, but some resolution will come out for both series through the remaining Odd books.

message 47: by Tom (new)

Tom Mueller | 147 comments Cdkoontz wrote: "Any idea why Odd Thomas wears "Mystery Train" and "Wyvern" printed sweatshirts in the book Odd Hours?"

cdkoontz, I never paid it much attention, but with a writer of Koontz' caliper everything in his work is there for a reason, especially in a work this short. you'll see some insight here.
http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/15...

Now that my interest is piqued, I'll dig further and try to find more reason.
Thanks!
Tom

message 48: by Keith (new)

Keith | 2 comments I have only 20 pages left on seize the night. when did he start writing ride the storm? any news on when it may be finished?

message 49: by David (new)

David Ferguson | 1 comments Next to Watchers, Chris Snow was my favorite Koontz character. But have to say I'm really amazed it's taken this long to get the third book out. Seize the Night certainly gave every indication of a follow-up and I'd read the write-ups on every book Dean wrote for years after. DK wrote that he "hopes he gets to it before he dies." Heck, I hope he gets to it before I die.

message 50: by Jason (new)

Jason Cooperrider (plasborgma) | 1299 comments David wrote: "Next to Watchers, Chris Snow was my favorite Koontz character...."

The entire novel Watchers is your favorite Koontz character? ;-)

« previous 1 3 4

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Seize the Night (other topics)
Fear Nothing, Volume 1 (other topics)
Fear Nothing (other topics)