The Life of a Book Addict discussion

Reading Group Challenge 2010 > Jan's 2010 Reading Group Challenge

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by LynnB (new)

LynnB Hi Jan - One nice thing about this challenge is that you only have to read one from this list each month, and you can still get it finished. That sure makes it more manageable than some challenges.

message 3: by Jill (new)

Jill (Jillybeans) | 4467 comments Hoping this year you make your goal.

message 4: by DJ (new)

DJ  (DJDivaofJava) | 2985 comments I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

message 5: by Jan (new)

Jan (booklover777) | 91 comments Thanks Lynn, Jill & DJ! The trick is not to get sidetracked by all the wonderful new books that are published every year. So many books, so little time!

message 6: by DJ (new)

DJ  (DJDivaofJava) | 2985 comments If you manage not to get sidetracked by some new releases next year or even something connected to on you have read you are a stronger woman than me !
LOL.....

message 7: by Mary (Marbear), Founder (new)

Mary (Marbear) (mbeth45) | 10120 comments Mod
Jan wrote: "Okay, here goes - even though I haven't done well in previous challenges to myself, I'm going to give this one a try. 12 books that have been on my TBR shelf for a year or more are:
[book:Sepulchr..."

Hi Jan. Great list. I've actually never read any of the books on your list. Now I'll have to check out your books. I'm to-be-read list just gets longer and longer. Good luck reading.

Marbear

message 8: by Jan (new)

Jan (booklover777) | 91 comments Thanks for the extension. I also want to add 2 alternates for my challenge.
Iron Angel by Alan Campbell
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
The last title also qualifies for my book club so I can kill two birds with one stone!

message 9: by Jan (new)

Jan (booklover777) | 91 comments Here's my counter for tracking this challenge.

message 10: by Mary (Marbear), Founder (new)

Mary (Marbear) (mbeth45) | 10120 comments Mod
Hi Jan. Love your counter. Miss GP gave us that idea. It's been so much fun reading everyone lists and looking at their tickers.

marbear

message 11: by Jill (new)

Jill (Jillybeans) | 4467 comments Great ticker Jan. Who couldn't use more sunshine?

message 12: by Jan (new)

Jan (booklover777) | 91 comments It's nearly the end of March and I've only read one of my alternates Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. I'd better get reading!

message 13: by Jan (new)

Jan (booklover777) | 91 comments I've read 2 more from the list: Blindsighted and Obedience. Both were very good reads.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Bodies Left Behind (other topics)
Tales Before Tolkien: The Roots of Modern Fantasy (other topics)
The Killing Circle (other topics)
Blindsighted (other topics)
Uncertain Endings: The World's Greatest Unsolved Mystery Stories (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Douglas A. Anderson (other topics)
Andrew Pyper (other topics)
Katherine Neville (other topics)
Thomas Wharton (other topics)
Will Lavender (other topics)
More...