SHIFTER LOVE discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived -Other > What are you reading?

Comments (showing 351-400 of 427) (427 new)    post a comment »

message 351: by N.L. (new)

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) I'm still attempting to read Stolen. The beginning is moving way too slow for my liking. In between bits and pieces of that book, I've read Spells and Lyon.

♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥ | 2422 comments Mod
I have had Tales of the Otherworld for a while now, but have just not gotten to it yet.

Keep Reading NL. It gets better!

message 355: by N.L. (new)

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) I figured it gets better. Bitten started off the same way for me then improved drastically. I was glad I had given Bitten a chance so I'm determined to give Stolen a fair chance too.

message 356: by Nita (new)

Nita (gillnit) Last night I started Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4) by Melissa Marr.

message 357: by N.L. (new)

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) I finally made it through Stolen. Those first 100 pages were just so mind numbingly slow for me. Page 101 brought about a major improvement to the story and it began to move along. I did like the book - 4 stars - although I'm still not feeling the overall theme of the book and I'm uncertain about Elena. I can't decide if I like her or hate although it was nice to see another facet of her personality through her interactions with other females.

Now I'm debating what to read next: Burning Alive or Love in the Time of Dragons? I'm kind of leaning towards the dragons. In an ideal world, I'd have my copy of Spirit Bound today so I could read it. Only a few more days, only a few more days...

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) I tried reading Passion Unleashed yesterday but it didn't instantly capture me so I switched to The Giver which was an interesting fast read. Then I started Battle Royale: The Novel but this morning Caressed by Ice came in the post so I read that and loved it! The remaining new covers in this series haven't been scheduled for release yet so I may have to get the ebooks. I love Nalini Singh!

I finished Caressed by Ice as well! 5 Stars!

message 360: by Nita (new)

Nita (gillnit) Woohoo! Glad you liked Caressed by Ice Lynn and Amy!

I bought the next book yesterday Nita! I am currently reading Maverick (Elite Ops, #2) by Lora Leigh by Lora Leigh. I am only on page 35, but I love the storyline already. I really like the Elit Ops series. Yummy men here, yummy men there, yummy men everywhere!

At first when I started reading Dime Store Magic, I did not think I would like it, but I did. I really like Paige, no matter what Clay says, lol!

Carolyn F. I'm really having a hard time getting through Dime Store Magic. I'm about 1/2 way through so far and I just wish she'd ignore all these "important" calls that end up being traps. Maybe she could fall for it twice but it's going on four times and I really thinks something's the matter with her brain. Hopefully the rest is better. I really like Armstrong so I won't give up.

Jennmcglone Ok, I just started Dead to the World last night! I'm excited cause I've heard this is the favorite in the Sookie series for several peeps! Plus it looks like Eric is going to have a bigger role in this one, than what he usually does! ;)I'm only on chapter 3, so far, so good!

He is bigger in the shower, lol!

Jennmcglone Omigosh Lynn! I totally just smiled real big, giggled and blushed...I'm at work too! heehee!

message 368: by N.L. (new)

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) I finished Burning Alive. I was really surprised by it and found it to be pretty good. I highly suggest it as a read for anyone who likes the whole 'without my mate I die' hero and the conflicted heroine combo. Looking forward to reading the next book in that series.

I also read I Heart You, You Haunt Me and currently reading Far from You. I'm hoping to get it read before I go to the library this afternoon so I can return it with 6 other books and get a new pile. I plan to read Love in the Time of Dragons tonight.

Jennmcglone ♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥ wrote: "He is bigger in the shower, lol!"

spoiler! lol! ;)

message 371: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Since I am now finished with the challenge I think I am going to reread Twilight. It has been a while and I have been wanting to read it again.

I am still on Maverick. It has taken me days to get through this book. I have been so busy! AHHHH I am going to finish it tonight!

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) I'm still on Battle Royale  The Novel by Koushun Takami but that's probably because I keep stopping to take notes, it's easier to follow that way. At the moment I'm liking The Hunger Games more but Battle Royale is more about the game (in lots of detail) and the personal stories of the students than the politics. I have a favourite death scene (because it's funny, well I think so) and two death scenes that are on my Ways I'd Hate To Die list. It's gory but it moves swiftly on after each death, no lingering to go over-the-top in gruesome details.

I haven't heard of this book. You will have to write about it so I can see if I want to read it.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) This review explains it in more detail, Lynn. There's no spoilers:

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

I think some of the people who didn't enjoy it didn't make notes. I photocopied the cast list from the book and when the weapon they were given was mentioned I noted it down as well as crossing them off when they died, in what order, how and who killed them. It requires some concentration but it's worth it.

Carolyn F. I finished Dime Store Magic and am now reading Weddings From Hell.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) Did you enjoy Dime Store Magic, Carolyn? It's been a while since I read that.

Carolyn F. It was a chore reading it until about 2/3 of the way in when it finally started getting good. This was my second time trying to read it. I did end up enjoying the book. I want to read Tales of the Otherworld, but want to finish all of the previous books first because I heard there are more than Elena and Clay short stories in there. I've read all the Elena books, now I'll just go back and read the rest.

"We’re not naked, we’re skyclad!"
— Kelley Armstrong (Dime Store Magic)

Love it!

Carolyn F. That was funny - and how Cortez told her to let him know if she got naked and then he'd watch the ceremony. :)

message 381: by N.L. (new)

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) I finished Love in the Time of Dragons - I laughed, I cried and laughed some more. I'm really looking forward to the next Light Dragons book.

Now, I'm reading The Hunger Games. My copy of Spirit Bound arrives tomorrow afternoon (Thank you, free 2-day express shipping!) which I fully intend to start reading as soon as I get it in my hands.

Carolyn F. I ordered Love in the Time of Dragons from the library. I'm looking forward to it. :)

message 383: by Nita (new)

Nita (gillnit) I agree, Love in the Time of Dragons was great. I think my favorite of MacAlister's dragon series.

I am now reading Beyond The Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #6) by Alexandra Ivy. Salvatore is quite dreamy.

I got Spirit Bound!!! NL!! I love The Hunger Games it is a MUST read.

message 385: by N.L. (new)

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) I just finished The Hunger Games and just wow, I see why the series has become so popular. Also very glad that I bought the second book (at the same time as the first) and already pre-ordered the third.

Later tonight I'll probably read Forget-Her-Nots which puts makes me pretty much done with all of my May Challenges with the exception of Spirit Bound and Still Sucks to be Me - both of which I'm getting tomorrow afternoon.

message 386: by Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (last edited May 19, 2010 07:48AM) (new)

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) I read into the night and finished Battle Royale: The Novel. If you've read and liked The Hunger Games and aren't too squeamish then you'll probably appreciate this book.

Lynn, I've just named you "alpha" for the group. I hope that's ok!

LOL! That is fine Amy, are you my second in command? I am going to have to see if my library has Battle Royale. I will make sure to make notes like you did, so I will not get lost.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) Yep, I'm your second! I consider you an alpha tigress to match your love for your favourite alpha tiger, Quinn from the Sookie series. :)

LOL!! I do love those tigers!

message 390: by N.L. (new)

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) I can see Lynn as a tigeress. Amy, are you a wolf?

message 391: by N.L. (new)

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) I tried to get Battle Royale from my local library. Their catalog claimed to have the first Battle Royale book but in reality is was #7. I was quite annoyed especially when I discovered that this is a common issue with all 3 of the nearby libraries. Maybe one day I'll track down the first one and read it.

message 392: by N.L. (new)

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) Yesterday was a big reading day for me, I put three books to rest before calling it a night. Granted, none of them were very long but still 3 books. In addition to The Hunger Games, I read Forget-Her-Nots - wonderful premise but poor execution and cookie cutter characters so I gave it two stars - and Bite Me! - a very cute YA vampire book with a semi-new approach to the vampire mythos. I did enjoy it and will probably read the second book, Love Sucks!, when it comes out.

❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ | 122 comments Still reading Swoon by Nina Malkin and Prophecy of the Sisters (Prophecy of the Sisters, #1) by Michelle Zink. Starting to read Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) by Richelle Mead

Jessica | 300 comments Right now I'm reading Embrace the Night (Cassandra Palmer, #3) by Karen Chance by Karen Chance. I have a complicated love hate relationship with this series. Once I get pass all the political magic mumble jumble I actually enjoy it. I just get a little bored with it sometime.

I liked the 4th book the best. A lot of action! AND I love what she does to Prit's legs, so dang funny!

message 397: by N.L. (new)

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) Due to the fact that FedEx sort of lost my copy of Spirit Bound in transit for a day so it did not arrive yesterday, I ended up reading The Beautiful Between, Wolves, Boys and Other Things That Might Kill Me and Because I am Furniture. Typically, FedEx delivers around noon so I hope to be reading Spirit Bound by 1pm today as it is currently on a truck out for delivery. :) And wow, I just realized that I've been reading a whole lot of YA books the past couple days.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) Carolyn F. wrote: "I finished Weddings From Hell and am now reading The Morganville Vampires."

Which one are you reading, Carolyn?

Carolyn F. The book I've reading has books #1 and #2 - Glass Houses and Dead Girls' Dance.

❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ | 122 comments I liked them. I have the 3rd book but hasn't started it.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.