SHIFTER LOVE discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived -Other > What are you reading?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 427) (427 new)    post a comment »

Kathryn (Kathry) I thought this would be a good place to mention any shifter books that we have currently read and which we would recommend to the group. I know eventually I'll get through all of the shifter books I own and I will need to know which others to buy!

Kathryn (Kathry) So I just finished Killing Moon and really enjoyed it. I plan on reading the rest of the series soon.

♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥ | 2422 comments Mod
I saw some books today by York, I have never read anything by her. I am going to read Rachel Vincent for the reading Paranormal Challange in Jan. I have never read anything by her either. I am rereading the Mercy Thompson books by Patricia Briggs because I love them so much. I am still looking for On the Prowl to read before I start her other shifter series.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) I finished Hunting Ground a couple of days ago. I'm liking the Alpha & Omega series more the Mecedes Thompson one. I can't wait for the next installment.

I am currently reading Cry Wolf, I LOVE it so far!!! I really like Charles and I like to see more of Bran than the Mercy series allowed. I hope we get to see more of Sage as well. I can't wait to finish this book I am going to read Hunting Ground next.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) I liked Sage as well. I thought that if Asil would look up from his roses long enough he might notice her. I can just see them getting together.

Kathryn (Kathry) Has anyone read anything by Moira Rogers? I've been blazing through many of the authors short stories, most of which are available for free download here on goodreads for anyone interested. I also just finished Cry Sanctuary and really enjoyed it. For any who enjoy werewolves and romance, I have to recommend it. I'll buy the rest of the series soon. I also bought Crux, which focuses on witches.

The free short stories had witches, wolves, and demons, depending on the story. Sorry vampire lovers! Oh, and most of these have just as much erotic scenes as romance, just in case anyone here prefers or avoids that type.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) Kathryn, I saw that you've been reading a lot of her lately so I read Moonshine a couple of days ago, I liked it and read some excerpts of her other books/short stories. I'm hoping to read more of her stuff in future. I think I might try Kamikaze next.

I will have to check into it.

Lisa I just finished The Summoning by Kelley Armstron. It was very good. I can't wait to get the second one. Third comes out later this year.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) I finished Street Game (GhostWalkers, #8) by Christine Feehan, and started [image error] and The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld,  #1) by Gena Showalter. Street Game was awesome, and I'm enjoying the two I just started.

Feehan, oh Feehan. I started her series and had to stop. I was going crazy. I wanted to like her books so much because of all the good things I read about. I just could not get over how they would not claim to be vamps. I mean hello you drink blood. I understand that the ones who have gone off the deep end are vamps in this series, but I mean what does that make them? I just never got it. I liked the first couple. I think I should have read them before the BDB series but I keep comparing the two, which does not help.

Lisa Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I finished Street Game (GhostWalkers, #8) by Christine Feehan, and started [image error] and The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld,  #1) by Gena Showalter. Street Game was awesome, and I'm enjoying the two I just started."

Is Feehan's game series better than the Dark series. I read the first of the Drake sisters. I like it. Have you read any of them?

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) Just finished Kitty's House of Horrors (Kitty Norville, Book 7) by Carrie Vaughn Kitty's House of Horrors by Carrie Vaughn, it was excellent. I was a bit disappointed by the last two books in the series but this book more than made up for them. 5 stars! I'm looking forward to reading about Cormac's life after prison and what trouble he got up to whilst inside.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (DarkHeart) Lisa wrote: "Is Feehan's game series better than the Dark series. I read the first of the Drake sisters. I like it. Have you read any of them?"

I have a few of the Carpathian books, but I find the guys too overbearing and the women too wimpy. The Ghostwalkers, however, I love. She's created a great series with them.

I did not like the Carpathian series either. I agree that the I man you woman got rather annoying. Lisa, I do not see you getting into this series. I think you would like the Gena Showalter series though.

Lisa DarkHeart wrote: "Lisa wrote: "Is Feehan's game series better than the Dark series. I read the first of the Drake sisters. I like it. Have you read any of them?"

I have a few of the Carpathian books, but I find t..."

Thanks, I will have to look into her Ghostwalker sereies later.

Lynn, I read the first one of Gena Showalters series a while back and enjoyed it. I just never got around to getting the others. It is on my list of books to get for my reader though. LOL.

Kathryn (Kathry) Amy wrote: "Kathryn, I saw that you've been reading a lot of her lately so I read Moonshine a couple of days ago, I liked it and read some excerpts of her other books/short stories. I'm hoping t..."

I hope you like Kamikaze. I think it's my favorite Rogers book/short story yet.

I finished Crux this week and I did not enjoy it as much as I had expected. The characters are wolf and cougar shifters with witches thrown in to the mix as well.

Lisa This week I have read Hush, Hush and Moon Called, and I have started on Fantasy Lover. They first two both get 5 Stars from me!

I just finished Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione, I loved it! I give it 5 stars! I am going this weekend to buy the rest of the series. Anyone else read it before?

Lisa Is this the one you said I just HAD to borrow?

Yes, this is the one Jeremy was thankful for yesterday, lol!

Lisa Too funny!!

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) Kathryn wrote: "...I hope you like Kamikaze. I think it's my favorite Rogers book/short story yet..."

I read Kamikaze, sorry Kathryn I didn't like it that much but I did like Hurricane. I'm reading her short stories in between books when I can't be bothered to pick up and start reading a full novel.

Lynn, I haven't read Pleasure Unbound but I've added it to my TBR.

I've just finished Graceling. I don't recommend it, you'd be better off reading Poison Study instead, it's a much better book.

Just finished Rogue by Rachel Vincent, and abso loved this book! I am starting the next one tonight even though I got to doze for 2 hours last night.

Kristin Lisa wrote: "This week I have read Hush, Hush and Moon Called, and I have started on Fantasy Lover. They first two both get 5 Stars from me!"

If you liked Hush Hush then read "Fallen"...you'll love it. It's one of my sons favorite books and he LOVED hush hush.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) Neena wrote: "Amy or "Ames" wrote: "Just finished Kitty's House of Horrors (Kitty Norville, #7) by Carrie Vaughn Kitty's House of Horrors by Carrie Vaughn, it was excellent. I was a bit disappointed b..."

Yay, another Kitty fan. Welcome to the group Neena!

Katrina Michaels I read Bitten not too long ago and am looking forward to reading the second in the Kelly Armstrong series

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) Katrina wrote: "I read Bitten not too long ago and am looking forward to reading the second in the Kelly Armstrong series"

I loved Bitten and Stolen, they are my favourites of Kelley's Women of the Otherworld series.

I love the wolves in that series. Frostbitten was excellent!

Has anyone read A Were-Cat Christmas by Dakota Cassidy?

Lisa I just started White Witch Black Curse by Kim Harrison.

message 33: by ♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥, Founder (last edited Jan 31, 2010 06:20AM) (new)

Last night I finished Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2) by Lara Adrian. I just have one problem with this book and the first. The writing is great, the plots are good, it is JUST that the men find a Breedmate (girl with special mark) on them and never tell then what they are/do until like the last 20 pages of a book. The girls flips out because they have been having sex with a vamp and never knew. They then have something tragic like a kidnapping of the girl (in both books this happens) then the men go after them. The magic happens, the girl decides that since he saved her, she is in love. It is just a little annoying. I would much rather the girl find out earlier and see how they are going to work as a couple. Because there are only a few pages of them actually being together.

That's the only problem I see, lol!

KellyJo I just started the second book the Wild Wulfs of London.. They first one was pretty good.. Hope looks like the second one got better rating..

The Untamed One

KellyJo Lynn ♥ ♥Brokhen ♥ ♥ wrote: "I just finished Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione, I loved it! I give it 5 stars! I am going this weekend to buy the rest of the series. Anyone else read it before?"

have all of them but never started them.. Maybe they will be the next series i read..

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) Kelly wrote: "I just started the second book the Wild Wulfs of London.. They first one was pretty good.. Hope looks like the second one got better rating..

The Untamed One"

I've been meaning to read the first one for ages but just haven't got around to it yet.

I finished reading A Rush of Wings by Adrian Phoenix last night but I didn't really like it. I'm not sure if that was due to first-book syndrome or just bad writing. There were so many things wrong with it. It was pretty boring, there was no romance (despite being PNR) and left many unanswered questions.

KellyJo Amy or "Ames" wrote: "Kelly wrote: "I just started the second book the Wild Wulfs of London.. They first one was pretty good.. Hope looks like the second one got better rating..

The Untamed One"

I've be..."

I guess there are actually 5 books in this series but the first one was in an anthology and i skipped it..

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) Kelly wrote: "...I guess there are actually 5 books in this series but the first one was in an anthology and i skipped it.."

Oh, I thought The Dark One was the first one. No wait just checked, you're right. There is a prequel in My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon which I've actually read. :)

I just finished The Turning by Jennifer Armintrout. It was not a mindblowing great book, it was just ok for me. I will have to read more of the series to see if it is worth reading.

Just finished Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side, not 100% about how I feel about this book. Different, annoying, and confussing all at the same time. Gave it 3 stars.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) God Lynn, two books in Feb and it's only day 3!

I've just finished Flirt. I was disgusted by the ending. Most of the book was made up of cut and paste scenes from previous novels, only the beginning felt fresh and new. Actual book names kept popping into my head as I read each scene. Jean-Claude doesn't even make an appearance. That's what, three books now he's been absent? I miss him so much! Only 2 stars from me :(

That is so sad!! I think I am just done with that whole series. It saddens me, JC was the one who said he wanted to one day meet her family. That whole series has lost any appeal to me it once had.

I only have about 100 pages left in Midnight Awakening by Lara Adrian. I really like this book better than the last two! Tegan is my new love! He is hardcore BA and I love the whole F U vibe from him. I will finish this one up today. I was going to start The Summoning, but forgot the book at home so I had to read what I had with me. Not sure what I want to read next.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) Finished Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2) by Nalini Singh Archangel's Kiss. It was a lot slower than I expected and sometimes got too bogged down in descriptions but we do find out about Elena's painful past which was a mystery in the first book. As I had to put it down a couple of times because I was getting a little bored, I gave it 3 stars.

Benjamin (benjamintkw) I read I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You

I read Cross My Heart And Hope To Spy Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy

Don't Judge A Girl By Her Cover Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover

Of Course they are in a series.

I read Gone Gone

I read Lament Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception

Last of all Shadowland Shadowland

All in my 5 day weekend. (Cause of Parent Teacher Confrences)

I finished Possession by Jennifer Armintrout. I liked this book better than the first. There is more romance and heartbreak. Not knowing where the story was going to go kept me reading. I am in the process of re-reading Guilty Pleasures. I did not like Fallen by Lauren Kate. It was really hard to get into. I may give it another chance later.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) Wow, Ben. That's a lot of reading! Awesome!

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) Only managed two books this weekend.
Shift by Rachel Vincent ★★★★★
Midnight Reflections by Katrina Michaels ★★★★☆
Shift (Shifters, #5) by Rachel Vincent Midnight Reflections by Katrina Michaels

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) Just realised I probably should have read some PNR, it being Valentine's Day yesterday. It didn't even cross my mind.

OK, this is really off topic, but look at the cover of this book. Someone should have been shot for it!! This is a series. All of the covers are like this.

[image error] by Erin Hunter

Benjamin (benjamintkw) Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Wow, Ben. That's a lot of reading! Awesome!"

Oh thanks. I can only read like that if I like the book though. And I loved those books!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.