Christopher Paolini (INHERITANCE CYCLE series) discussion

Changing group name

Comments (showing 1-50 of 109) (109 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by John, dr.evil from austin powers. YOUTUBE IT...NOW (new)

John | 1254 comments Mod
ok, i think that the groups name needs to be altered slightly, brisingr is no longer new, and that the griuop descrption also needs to be changed, the myspace doesnt work, any one with me??

message 2: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (NewTimeLord) Just call it something like Christopher Paolini Inheritance Cycle

message 3: by John, dr.evil from austin powers. YOUTUBE IT...NOW (new)

John | 1254 comments Mod
what about the group description???

message 4: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (NewTimeLord) what's wrong with it?

message 5: by John, dr.evil from austin powers. YOUTUBE IT...NOW (new)

John | 1254 comments Mod
the mysoace doesnt worj

message 6: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (NewTimeLord) so take it off? maybe tell about…stuff

message 7: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (Lyssie123) | 592 comments Maybe say something like, "This is a fan group to discuss/gush about Christopher Paulini's Inheritance Cycle, which includes Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr. Character discussions, speculations on the last book, discussions and questions about events, etc. There are also topics for chatting and random stuff such as debates. Join if you like Christopher Paulini or just want to have a fun time!" lol.

message 8: by John, dr.evil from austin powers. YOUTUBE IT...NOW (new)

John | 1254 comments Mod
ive changed it

message 9: by Anna (new)

Anna Walls (AnnaLWalls) I love the Eragon stories, though I've only got the first two so far.

message 10: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (Lyssie123) | 592 comments Hi Anna! I think I know you from somewhere.... Hmm...

message 11: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie i'm with you on that John.

message 12: by Anna (new)

Anna Walls (AnnaLWalls) ~♥Alyssa♥~ wrote: "Hi Anna! I think I know you from somewhere.... Hmm... "

yep - Ambitious Writers

message 13: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (Lyssie123) | 592 comments Oh yeah, I knew I knew you! Hi!

message 14: by Anna (new)

Anna Walls (AnnaLWalls) Hi back. I just joined. I haven't checked everything here out yet. I'll get to it soon.

message 15: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (Grazia) | 664 comments Hi Anna and welcome :)

message 16: by Anna (new)

Anna Walls (AnnaLWalls) I know I just joined, but may I make a suggestion about the group name? "Christopher Paolini (INHERITANCE CYCLE series)" I know what the Inheritance Cycle Series is and I know who Christopher Paolini is; if you must have the whole thing use possessive and drop the parentheses and the all caps. I was thinking of dropping the author's name entirely but maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea. I don't know - disregard this. I really haven't been here long enough to nit pick.

message 17: by Katie (new)

Katie ~♥Alyssa♥~ wrote: "Maybe say something like, "This is a fan group to discuss/gush about Christopher Paulini's Inheritance Cycle, which includes Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr. Character discussions, speculations on the..."

sounds good to me.

Nice to meet you, Anna!

message 18: by Anna (new)

Anna Walls (AnnaLWalls) Pleased to meet you Katie. My thought was to shorten the title. In any title (books too) you want the name to be read and recognized in a single glance.

message 19: by Katie (new)

Katie Yeah, I like that idea. Not everyone knows it's called Inheritance Cycle, though. Eragon would be very recognizable, though we might get people who liked the movie and not the book.

message 20: by Anna (new)

Anna Walls (AnnaLWalls) I like the movie but it has so little to do with the book. Sad loss, I think.

message 21: by Katie (new)

Katie I couldn't even bear to watch it. I did watch a little, though. *tear*

message 22: by Casey (new)

Casey I like the video game... Its fun...

message 23: by Katie (new)

Katie Hmm, I don't remember it too well. I'm not so good at those kind of games. I just hit as many buttons as I can, and hope I wack something with my sword.

message 24: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (Lyssie123) | 592 comments Katie wrote: "I couldn't even bear to watch it. I did watch a little, though. *tear*"

I agree, the movie was painful.

message 25: by Casey (new)

Casey Katie wrote: "Hmm, I don't remember it too well. I'm not so good at those kind of games. I just hit as many buttons as I can, and hope I wack something with my sword."

niccccccce

message 26: by Anna (new)

Anna Walls (AnnaLWalls) The movie is fine if you can disconnect it from the book.

message 27: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (Lyssie123) | 592 comments Even then....

message 28: by John, dr.evil from austin powers. YOUTUBE IT...NOW (new)

John | 1254 comments Mod
✄☠Casey Crane☠✄ wrote: "I like the video game... Its fun..."

its weird

message 29: by Casey (new)

Casey BAH HUMBUG!

message 30: by John, dr.evil from austin powers. YOUTUBE IT...NOW (new)

John | 1254 comments Mod
lol
what everyone get for xmas: i got
samusing tocco lite
assassins creed 2
assassins creed book
hells heroes book
abox live 13 month
£75
harry potter 6
transformers 2

message 31: by John, dr.evil from austin powers. YOUTUBE IT...NOW (new)

John | 1254 comments Mod
and a wii

message 32: by Casey (new)

Casey I got to see Phantom Of The Opera, I got a PS3, Beatles Rockband, and a Indiana Jones game

message 33: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (Lyssie123) | 592 comments I've never understood British money...It's a pound, I know, but I don't know how many pounds equals a US dollar (or the othre way around). And that's cool, everyone!

message 34: by Casey (new)

Casey *shrugs*
idk either

message 35: by Casey (new)

Casey Oh, I just looked it up. He got $120 dollars.

message 36: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (Lyssie123) | 592 comments Really? Wow! That's cool....so one pound equals roughly 1.3 dollars, I think.

message 37: by Tara, In hoc signo vinces (new)

Tara | 1068 comments Mod
Pounds? I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but the little symbol by the 75 means Euros.

message 38: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (Lyssie123) | 592 comments Oh, right, I forgot that the European Union has switched to Euros. England used to use pounds instead. Oops.

message 39: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (Grazia) | 664 comments ~♥Alyssa♥~ wrote: "Oh, right, I forgot that the European Union has switched to Euros. England used to use pounds instead. Oops. "

I think they still are using pounds though...Correct John?

all the other countries in europe have switched to the euro.

message 40: by Katie (new)

Katie Really? I didn't know that, Grazi. And I think they still use pounds, but as just shown, I don't know much about it.

message 41: by Katie (new)

Katie ✄☠Casey Crane☠✄ wrote: "Katie wrote: "Hmm, I don't remember it too well. I'm not so good at those kind of games. I just hit as many buttons as I can, and hope I wack something with my sword."

niccccccce"

lol

message 42: by Casey (new)

Casey XD

message 43: by Harpoon (new)

Harpoon ... | 1387 comments BELATED MERRY CHRISTMAS Y"ALL!

message 44: by Casey (new)

Casey you too!

message 45: by Anna (new)

Anna Walls (AnnaLWalls) Did Santa bring you everything you wanted?

message 46: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie John wrote: "lol
what everyone get for xmas: i got
samusing tocco lite
assassins creed 2
assassins creed book
hells heroes book
abox live 13 month
£75
harry potter 6
transformers 2
"

I got:

new mp3 player
Taylor Swift Fearless CD
The Odyssey
Cozy blanket
French wire earings
SD card for my new camera! (i'm very camera happy)
mascara
eye shadow

that's all i can think of...

message 47: by Sarah (last edited Dec 28, 2009 08:20PM) (new)

Sarah | 5 comments In keeping with the theme of telling what we got for Christmas, I got:

A Sony PRS-600 E-Reader
University of Nebraska-Lincoln Huskers shirt
a six-pack of random glass-bottled pop (there's a bit of a random story behind this)
$70
A floormat to put on my perpetually wet kitchen floor in my apartment/dorm
An "adopted" turtle from the Caribbean Conservation Corporation
Sweater
Hand-made glass and wire earrings

message 48: by Katie (new)

Katie I'm interested to hear this glass bottle soda story.

message 49: by Sarah (last edited Dec 29, 2009 10:33AM) (new)

Sarah | 5 comments Katie wrote: "I'm interested to hear this glass bottle soda story. "

Long story short, there's this random little store in Lincoln Nebraska that sells something like 600 different kinds of pop, none of which you would easily find in a grocery store. My brother goes to college in Lincoln and found out about this place, so he was basically thinking, "Huh. This would make a good part of a Christmas present for my sister."

And now I'm demanding that when eventually have time to pay a visit to him, he must take me there, but mostly because he says they sell cheerwine and I've been on a semi-epic quest to find some.

Link for those interested

message 50: by Katie (new)

Katie haha! So what weird flavors do they sell? I've never heard of cheerwine. Have you ever had it before?

« previous 1 3

Christopher Paolini (INHERITANCE CYCLE series)

unread topics | mark unread