Between the Lines discussion

Reading Goals > New Goals for 2010

Comments (showing 1-26 of 26) (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa Julianna (last edited Dec 23, 2009 08:03AM) (new)

Lisa Julianna (LisaJulianna) Anyone have any new goals for 2010? I haven't decided mine yet; I didn't make my 2009 goal. I am considering trying to read one of the monthly reads in each group I belong too.

message 2: by Beth (new)

Beth Knight (zazaknittycat) I'm probably going to try to read 100 books in 2010. I tried it in 2009 but so far I've only read 88.

message 3: by Elena (last edited Dec 26, 2009 04:52AM) (new)

Elena My goal is to read all the "real" (not Kindle) books in my bookcase at home. I may take a break for a month or two off from GR to read them. The groups here pick too many good books :) and keep me away from the old ones I have.

message 4: by Stray (new)

Stray (andrez-ssi) I want 2 read 100 books (minimum )

message 5: by Petra X (new)

Petra X (PetraX) I read more than a 100 books - plus about 40 or 50 kids books but didn't count those - but I felt pressure to keep reading to reach the goal. So this year I think my goal will to be to list and review all the books I read but not number them. No pressure. My non-reading goal will be to find someone who would like to live in the Caribbean and run a bookshop cafe, because I only want the bookshop, not the cafe!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I also have read more than 100 this year, and I'd like to aim for at least 104 (average of 2 a week) next year. I'd like to read at least 20 books from my RL TBR shelf, but this is a soft goal. I definitely want to read at least half of my remaining 69 books for my Books of the World Challenge, since I intend to finish that by 2012. I still intend to get my 2009 book reviews updated before 1/1.

message 7: by Mounica (new)

Mounica | 3 comments My goal is to read one book every week, so 52 books for 2010. I also plan on writing a review for each one of them.

message 8: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samjaymc) The plan is to read 50(min) books for 2010. Hopefully more.

message 9: by Carrie (new)

Carrie My goal for 2009 was to read 52 books, which I surpassed at soon to be 67 books. So, my goal for 2010 will be 70 books.

message 10: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (LisaJulianna) I like everyone's goals...I just can't decide what kind of goal I want to do for myself. LOL

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I amgoing to try for 100 books.

message 12: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (bookcoop) My goal is to read more classics and more new authors who are new to me.

message 13: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (bookcoop) Oh and read books on my TBR and stop acquiring them. I said that last year I'm sure. And the fact I am planning to go out tomorrow doesn't help at all.

message 14: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (LisaJulianna) I really should do the same Fiona....I shouldn't buy anymore and just read what is on my TBR....hmm wonder if I can make it a whole year....LOL
Wonder what is coming out this year?

message 15: by Liz (new)

Liz I've read 50 for the year, but my goal in 2010 is to read 75. It'll be a stretch, but I definitely want to try! My TBR expands faster than I read.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Lisa Julianna wrote: "Wonder what is coming out this year?"

The third book in The Hunger Games series, for one.

message 17: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (bookcoop) Lisa Julianna wrote: "I really should do the same Fiona....I shouldn't buy anymore and just read what is on my TBR....hmm wonder if I can make it a whole year....LOL
Wonder what is coming out this year?"

Lol I think your plan to not buy any more just failed!

message 18: by Christina (new)

Christina My plan this year was:
1) to read 100 books - failed, still only in the 70s (darn work)
2) Get my Goodreads to-read shelf below 50 - failed... (bought way to many books for that)
3) Read enough books to reach a total of 50 books from the '1001 books you must read before you die'-list - again failed ... (currently reading my 47th book)

I was mostly on goal when I started full time work in September (after being on maternity leave). I think my goal for next year will be to read 52 books - but I'm not sure yet...

message 19: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (TeresaIL) | 8 comments Lisa and Fiona, I'm with you...I have "collected" so many books...I'm a sucker for a beautiful cover and a story that sounds interesting, so my goal is to make a dent in the "collection"!!! Happy New Year everyone!!

message 20: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (LisaJulianna) Ok maybe I allow myself to buy one book for every 3 books I read that I already own. That way I can get the second and third book to The Hunger Games...LOL

message 21: by Beth (new)

Beth Knight (zazaknittycat) That's a good plan Lisa! You can't restrict yourself too much.

message 22: by Beth A. (new)

Beth A. (BethALM) I'm sticking with my goals for last year. It gave me something to work toward without being a stress or a chore.

1. Read 100 books.

2. Read at least one classic a month.

message 23: by galya (new)

galya 1. Read at least 50 books.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

This is my first year to make a reading goal, so I am going to start small. I plan on reading 50 books in 2010. I think I can, I think I can...

message 25: by Christina (last edited Jan 01, 2010 06:26AM) (new)

Christina I finally decided on my goals.
1) Read 52 books (one every week)
2) Read enough books to reach a total of 60 books from the '1001 books you must read before you die'-list (Currently reading no. 47)
3) Read Fyodor Dostoevsky: The Brothers Karamazov

That's it - that's all I think I have time to with a 1-year old and a full time job...

message 26: by Dan (new)

Dan Porter (ChaoticBuffalo) I want to average 100 pages a day, so my goal for the year is 36,500 pages read.

unread topics | mark unread