Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Were/Shifter books?

Comments (showing 1-31 of 31) (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jιℓℓιαи  (JillJam) | 15 comments I've been really into werewolf books lately, and i'd like to read a lot more, and not just werewolf ones, if you guys know any really great other shifter books, i'm open to all.
Ones i've read are
Blood and Chocolate
The Silver Wolf
Shiver
Need
Yeah, so it's not alot so i'd love to hear about some more were books!

message 2: by FlibBityFLooB (last edited Dec 16, 2009 07:24PM) (new)

FlibBityFLooB How about any of the following?

Werecats:
Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent

Assorted Shifters included in the series:
[image error] Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) by Charlaine Harris Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews

Werewolves (humor):
Derik's Bane (Berkley Sensation) by MaryJanice Davidson

Dragon Shifters:
You Slay Me (Aisling Grey  Guardian, #1) by Katie MacAlister Kiss of Fire (Dragonfire, Book 1) by Deborah Cooke

message 3: by Shannon (last edited Dec 16, 2009 07:47PM) (new)

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (SavhageTemptress) | 330 comments You should also try:
Nalini Singh's Psy/Changeling series- they are excellent books!

Jιℓℓιαи  (JillJam) | 15 comments Thanks! I'll deffinately give all them a try!=]

Joseph  (BlueManticore) | 196 comments I just read a great shifter story, the start of a new series. Truly unique. Skinwalker by Faith Hunter
Another couple of my fav series that have werewolves and other shifters are:
Sisters of the Moon/Otherworld series by Yasmine Galenorn, starts with Witchling
Kitty Norville series by Carrie Vaughn, starts with Kitty and the Midnight Hour
Women of the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong, starts with Bitten
Delilah Street: Paranormal Investigator series by Carole Nelson Douglas, starts with Dancing With Werewolves

Amanda Orlich (booknookreview) | 97 comments Sherrily Kenyon writes the "Dark-Hunter" books feature some were-hunters. Two of the books in particular feature were-hunters that are wolves.

Night Play (Dark-Hunter, #6)  by Sherrilyn Kenyon Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter, #19) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Bad Moon Rising also has some were-bears.

They also feature weres who aren't wolves.

Sebastian is a dragon. Dragonswan (Dark-Hunter, Related Books #11) by Sherrilyn Kenyon It's a nice short story.

Unleash the Night (Dark-Hunter, #9) by Sherrilyn Kenyon features a were-cat.

I love the were-hunters. Sherrilyn Kenyon's next book is supposed to be about Dev, one of the were-hunters who is a bear.

Tiffany (Vampoholic) | 122 comments Mercy Thompson Series Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs Blood Bound (Mercedes Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs Iron Kissed (Mercedes Thompson, #3) by Patricia Briggs Bone Crossed (Mercedes Thompson, #4) by Patricia Briggs Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2) by Patricia Briggs

Primal Instincts
Edge Of Hunger (Primal Instinct, #1) by Rhyannon Byrd Edge Of Danger (Primal Instinct, #2) by Rhyannon Byrd Edge of Desire (Primal Instinct, #3) by Rhyannon Byrd

Bloodrunners
Last Wolf Standing by Rhyannon Byrd Last Wolf Hunting (Silhouette Nocturne Series #38) by Rhyannon Byrd Last Wolf Watching by Rhyannon Byrd

All I can think right now, mostly read vamp books

Klehmenteen (Kanni) | 10 comments Wolf Tales I By Kate Douglass is an AWESOME werewolf series.
Kinda intense, pretty much ever pairing possible and a tiny bit of beastiality...

MsBeaglely | 118 comments Klehmenteen wrote: "Wolf Tales I By Kate Douglass is an AWESOME werewolf series.
Kinda intense, pretty much ever pairing possible and a tiny bit of beastiality..."

Somebody gave me the first book, but the beastiality was a bit much for me. I ended up giving the book back without finishing it.

message 10: by namericanwordcat (last edited Dec 27, 2009 01:17PM) (new)

namericanwordcat | 209 comments I recommend the following\
Shelly Laurenston
G.A. Aiken
Rejar
Michelle Pillow
Christine Warren

These have not be mentioned yet and are great reads.

Leslie ( Cerridwen) | 18 comments The Passion and the Promise by Donna Boyd....if you can find them. It was a total surprise for me and I loved them both. Very different story.

message 12: by Mary E. (last edited Dec 27, 2009 05:54PM) (new)

Mary E. (jujjy) | 42 comments Off the top of my head, I'd recommend the Kate Daniels series. These feature several different shifters, the recurring Hero being a were-lion:
Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) by Ilona Andrews Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) by Ilona Andrews Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) by Ilona Andrews

My girlfriend recommends the Children of the Sea series about Selkies:
Sea Witch (Children of the Sea, #1) by Virginia Kantra Sea Fever (Children of the Sea, #2) by Virginia Kantra Sea Lord (Children of the Sea, #3) by Virginia Kantra

message 13: by Awesomevegan (AKA JenReads) (last edited Dec 27, 2009 06:18PM) (new)

Awesomevegan (AKA JenReads) (awesomevegan) | 184 comments There is a previous discussion I was looking over this morning about Werewolf Romance. I am glad you brought this up. I am also looking for werewolf books. Here is the discussion thread:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/2...

Hope that helps. I haven't read many yet myself. I Have read the Twilight Saga (which has werewolves in it) and I plan to read Hotter After Midnight and Shiver very soon :)

Hotter After Midnight (Midnight, #1) by Cynthia Eden Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater

new_user | 1383 comments Loved the Selkie series and the Magic series. And Hotter after Midnight is nice and spicy. ;)

MsBeaglely | 118 comments Leslie wrote: "The Passion and the Promise by Donna Boyd....if you can find them. It was a total surprise for me and I loved them both. Very different story."

I loved both the Passion & the Promise. I wish there were more books in that series.

message 16: by Martina the Book Fairy (last edited Dec 27, 2009 09:12PM) (new)

Martina the Book Fairy (book_fairy) | 438 comments The Drakon Series by Shana Abe is a good series, too. Dragon to human shapeshifters. Series takes place in 18th century England.

The Smoke Thief (Drakon, #1) by Shana Abé The Dream Thief (Drakon, #2) by Shana Abé Queen of Dragons (Drakon, #3) by Shana Abé The Treasure Keeper (Drakon, #4) by Shana Abé

message 17: by Angela (last edited Dec 28, 2009 05:51PM) (new)

Angela (angbens) | 343 comments I have started reading Pamela Palmer's Feral Warriors books. They are really good. This is the first one.

[image error]

Fiona (yahoodymcewan) | 7 comments Love Rachel Vincent's Shifter series very addictive!

Tammy | 56 comments Pack Challenge (Magnus Pack #1) by Shelly Laurenston} The Mane Event (Pride, #1) by Shelly Laurenston
I have not read these yet,but i hear they are good,i think these are the first books of each series.

Chrizette Tammy wrote: "Pack Challenge (Magnus Pack #1) by Shelly Laurenston}The Mane Event (Pride, #1) by Shelly Laurenston
I have not read these yet,but i hear they are good,i think these are the first books of each series."

I love Shelly Laurenston - her books are great. Loved these two.

Cheryl Symko (csymko) | 16 comments Another series that is good that has werewolves in it are Keri Arthur-Riley Jenson Guardian series. I have read the first five of the books and they are great. Then like a few other people have mentioned-Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris and then Twilight series also by Stephenie Meyer. All of them are good. I look forward to reading the Patricia Briggs-Mercedes Thompson books too.

LethalLovely~Let Me Hold Both Your Hands in the Holes of My Sweater (LethalLovely) | 452 comments This wouldn't count as PNR, but I'm really liking this werewolf book I'm reading now, Benighted.

Felicia (Ferishia) (Ferishia) | 387 comments I would def rec both Shelly Laurenston's Magnus Pack series, and her G.A Aiken Dragon series. They are awesome. I would also rec you Lora Leigh's Breeds series about feline shifters.

Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1) by Lora Leigh

Just started the series and omg, I LOVE it. I caution you though, there is a WHOLE LOTTA smex. I mean A LOT. lol

I also rec you the anthology Shifter. Every story was great which is rare for anthology.

Shifter (Includes  Warriors of Poseidon, #4; Breed Series, #15; Children of the Sea Prequel) by Angela Knight

I also started the Christine Feehan's Leopard People Series, and I like that. I'm reading Wild Rain right now.

Wild Rain (Leopard People, #2) by Christine Feehan

If you haven't read Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark (IAD) series, you should. Not all of the books are about shifters, but there are a few in the series that are about shifters.

Terry Spear has a wolf shifter series. I've only read the first one, but I liked it.

Terry Spear

And there's is Christine Warren's The Other's series. I've just started with the series and the first one is pretty good.

Wolf at the Door (The Others, #1) by Christine Warren

Hope you find something you like. :)

Rayna rachel vincent is amazing i would definately check out her shifters series if you havent already read it!!!!
Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent

Dawn (Dawn9655) | 12 comments Eileen Wilks write some good werewolf/shifter stuff.

message 27: by Shelleyrae (last edited Jun 15, 2010 08:55PM) (new)

Shelleyrae at Book'd Out | 145 comments I'll second Skinwalker though its UF more than PNR I loved it.

Others:
Howling at the Moon (Tales of an Urban Werewolf)

The Accidental Werewolf

Beneath a Rising Moon

My Sister is a Werewolf

Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville)

Tempting Danger (World of the Lupi)

Confessions of a Werewolf Supermodel

Last Wolf Standing (Bloodrunners 1)

Rafaela (rafahta) | 60 comments I second Mercy Thompson Series by Patricia Briggs
and Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews

You just can't go wrong with these! They're my top favorites!

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 378 comments Shelly Laurenston's books are all good-lots of humor (and sex). I'm partial to her lion shifters. You might want to try The Mane Event.

Elizabeth (TrishWilsonElizabethBlack) | 42 comments My m/m and m/m/f menage werewolf erotic novella Feral Heat was the #1 bestseller at AllRomanceEBooks for two months. As soon as I finish my current WIP (probably this week), I'll start on the sequel, "Lover's Moon".

Link - Feral Heat

Feral Heat by Elizabeth Black

message 31: by Fluttrbs (last edited Aug 02, 2010 02:50PM) (new)

Fluttrbs | 39 comments Shelley Laurenston, Dana Marie Bell, Lauren Dane are a few that have good shifter stories

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dead Until Dark (other topics)
Stray (other topics)
You Slay Me (other topics)
Kiss of Fire (other topics)
Guilty Pleasures (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nalini Singh (other topics)
Carole Nelson Douglas (other topics)
Yasmine Galenorn (other topics)