Little Women Little Women discussion

1 Page?

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Monica (last edited Dec 13, 2009 12:01PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Monica Can some tell me why there is only 1 page? Or possibly fix the number of pages linked to this book, Little Women, ISBN (9780141321080)?

Thanks!

Cassondra It's free online at http://www.gutenberg.org Look under "Alcott" for author or the title. :)

Soumya Kamatham only little women book is free or any other books?

Carter  Mason probably any toher books too ..iam guessing..

Cassondra Many books are on that page. Everything on that site is free since the copywrite has run out. "Little Women" and both of its sequels, "Little Men" and "Jo's Boys" are free. So are many of the books by L. M. Montgomery (author of Anne of Green Gables), Martha Finley (who wrote Elsie Dinsmore), L. Frank Baum (The Wizard of Oz), etc. There are other books by Alcott on that site that are also free. Check it out!

Carter  Mason yeah see ..

Soumya Kamatham umm
any other authors books there?
i like to read "twilight" or "cinderellla cleaners" better than "little women"

Jenn Soumya wrote: "umm
i like to read "twilight" or "cinderellla cleaners" better than "little women""

Gutenberg only has old books that have the copyright run out. The authors are usually dead. So they won't have any contemporary novels on there. And Little Women is so much better than Twilight. Give it a chance and you will love it.

Cassondra Right, no books written in the latter half of the 20th Century on will be in that site.

On the other hand, there are loads of books on that site, many of which are awesome or required for school. It can save you boatloads of $ buying college textbooks if you are an English major. :D

If you are more interested in modern free books, the only site I know is the Baen Free Library, which holds free copies of books from fantasy authors.

And if you have a Kindle, or the free downloadable application whereby you read books on the Kindle for computers app, many Kindle books are also free.

Free is cool :D

Carter  Mason Free is cool :P

message 11: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee anything that was published pre-1923 is available for free...there are lots of good stuff in there - in fact, georgette heyer's first book - black moth is available in PD

Soumya Kamatham Jenn wrote: "Soumya wrote: "umm
i like to read "twilight" or "cinderellla cleaners" better than "little women""

Gutenberg only has old books that have the copyright run out. The ..."

actually i read little women in my previous message i mean jos boys but i wrote little women sorry
ok if u think they are better than twilight i would like to read
thxx

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Little Women (other topics)