College Students! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments (showing 1-50 of 315) (315 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Lori, The Over-Caffeinated Coffee Girl (new)

Lori | 2109 comments Mod
Jamie and I came up with the idea of starting a penpal thing for this group. If you're interested, post a little "I'm interested" message in the thread. From there, send a private message to whomever you'd like to write letters to and ask for their address.

I hope we can get a lot of people participating because it's always nice to get something real in the mail instead of nothing or junk.

message 2: by Drew (new)

Drew Hamilton (DrewHamilton) This might be fun. I'll have to consider this.

message 3: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (KimberlywithaT) | 2139 comments I'm interested!

message 4: by Bárbara (new)

Bárbara (leviathan_) | 196 comments I'm interested! I used to have a lot of penpals around 4 years ago, but meanwhile we stopped writing... shucks. Love getting something in the mail.

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) I'm interested. I love writing letters.

message 6: by Ralph (new)

Ralph (sunwriter) | 40 comments I'm definitely interested. =)

message 7: by Adriana (new)

Adriana | 188 comments I've never had a penpal, so I am definately interested. I would like to get to know you guys better.

message 8: by Monica (new)

Monica (monbon211) | 89 comments Sure, count me in as well! :)

message 9: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 4407 comments Mod
I'm interested! :)

I used to have quite a few penpals when I was younger and enjoyed writing and receiving letters!

message 10: by Kelly A. (new)

Kelly A. | 499 comments I'd be interested too....I've never had a pen pal before. Besides, the only mail I ever get are bills.

message 11: by Matthieu (new)

Matthieu | 138 comments It's been years since I've done anything like this... I'm interested.

message 12: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Kelly wrote: "I'd be interested too....I've never had a pen pal before. Besides, the only mail I ever get are bills."

Haha I hear you on that one! It would be so wonderful to not want to throttle yourself with the nearest shoelace when you see an envelope addressed to yourself! lol

message 13: by Matthew (new)

Matthew The only nonbills I ever get are letters from my grandnother asking why I never call, count me in.

message 14: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) So how is this gonna work?

message 15: by Natanya (new)

Natanya (vraisemble) | 255 comments I may be interested. I'm going home for a month for break, so I guess I'd have to give my pen pal both of my addresses...

message 16: by Alessia (new)

Alessia (allieonthemoon) I'm interested too! It would be great since all of you live so far away and I don't think I could ever join in one of your meetings :(

message 17: by Lori, The Over-Caffeinated Coffee Girl (new)

Lori | 2109 comments Mod
Ashley, What we'll do is just let people send messages to the people they want to be penpals with.

One of my other groups has a penpal ring and I let them know when they should send a letter to my home address or to my school address. It works pretty well for the most part.

message 18: by Jessie (new)

Jessie (Jessie08) | 128 comments I've never had a penpal either. I'm interested.

message 19: by Sara (new)

Sara (thecrazygal) | 403 comments :D
I've always wanted a penpal. But I'm awful at writing letters.
And I have no money for stamps ...
never mind. Scratch the penpal thing. :/

But I wish the rest of y'all good luck, it sounds like fun. ^^

message 20: by Manny (new)

Manny im actually new to the site/group but this sounds cools. im def interested!!

message 21: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) we should have a Pen Pal Thread.

message 22: by Denise (new)

Denise | 66 comments I'm interested. I haven't had a pen pal since grade school summer camp.

message 23: by Manny (new)

Manny Ok so im a lil shy about asking someone randomly for their home address so if anyone wants to take the lead and ask for mine, then by all means do that.

-Manny

message 24: by Bárbara (new)

Bárbara (leviathan_) | 196 comments ^Haha I feel ya. There's a couple of people in here who seem interesting, but I don't know anyone well enough and I'd feel weird doing that.

message 25: by Jess (new)

Jess (jessilouwho22) | 191 comments I'm interested! I have a few penpals in another group here on Goodreads, and it always cheers me up to get a letter from them in the mail!

I'm a tad shy, though, so if anyone would like to write me, just shoot me a message and I'll gladly accept! :)

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm definitely interested :)

message 27: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3032 comments Mod
I am not too good about writing letters, but I do enjoy making cards when I have time. If you would like me to mail you one when I do make them, just message me your address.

message 28: by alicia (new)

alicia (amazingact21) | 123 comments My boyfriend is about to deploy so I'll be picking up writing letters, and I'd be interested in writing to another member on the board.

message 29: by Anna (new)

Anna Shumaker (Annashu) I'm definitely interested. I love getting and sending real mail.

message 30: by Kallie (new)

Kallie | 42 comments I'm also interested, although I am brand new to goodreads and to this group, and don't know anyone yet.

message 31: by Liz (new)

Liz I'd be interested!

message 32: by Kellie (new)

Kellie (kellieag) Interested!

message 33: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline | 59 comments I'm interested.

message 34: by BurgendyA (new)

BurgendyA | 37 comments I am interested. Since it's one of my New Years resolutions. =)~

message 35: by Kemi (new)

Kemi This is an awesome idea and I'm interested!

message 36: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (spencerafreeman) Count me in! I'm interested :)

Another group I'm in did the penpal thing and some ppl stopped writing to me :( I think because we didnt have much to talk about because our age and book taste different greatly.

Someone PM me- I'd love another penpal! :)

message 37: by Mia (new)

Mia (miapalooza) INTERESTED! I'd love to have/be a penpal!

message 38: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) We should make a folder for this Pen Paling. Each person interested in pen paling can post what their interests are and bit about their likes/dislikes under a thread. Then each of us can go through it and then message the person that we want to exchange letters with. What do you think?

message 39: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline | 59 comments Sounds good!

message 40: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

I like the idea..however I'm trying to not have too many folders. It gets cluttered really easily and becomes hard to navigate through. Perhaps would could just start a separate thread for this where people can do that?

message 41: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Okay, whatever works best.

message 42: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Definitely still open! And that's fine if you are international..so long as the people that you want to write to don't mind! :)

message 43: by Xy (new)

Xy (Xinah) | 2 comments Even though I just joined, I would be interested as well. This would be fun!

message 44: by Lydia (new)

Lydia (daisysinherhair) | 11 comments I'm in!!!!!!!!!

message 45: by Paula (new)

Paula | 101 comments I am definitely interested, I love writing letters to people!

I don't really know anyone in the group enough to message anyone? sad times.

message 46: by Vonze (Yvonne) (new)

Vonze (Yvonne) (vonze) | 7 comments Interested!

message 47: by David (new)

David (CanadianDave) | 231 comments I'm game.

message 48: by Hyemi (new)

Hyemi | 9 comments Interested!

message 49: by Lori, The Over-Caffeinated Coffee Girl (last edited Feb 27, 2010 05:03PM) (new)

Lori | 2109 comments Mod
OK. So, I'm pretty bad for starting this project and then, more or less, abandoning it. I should have organized a list and paired people up, but I thought that you all might just want to message whoever piqued your interest. However, I do realize that some of you are new to the group and you don't really know anyone yet.

Is there anyone who wanted a penpal that has not gotten one? If there's a lot of you, I'll organize a list, pairing people up.

message 50: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindypliego) I'm interested!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread