Cover to Cover Challenge discussion

2010 Archive > Michelle (shelli_m)'s 2010 reading list!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 128) (128 new)    post a comment »

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments I'm signing up for this. It will be my first time keeping track of my books for a whole year, I only joined Goodreads in April.

Good luck to everyone!

Bring on January ;)

message 2: by Michelle (last edited Jan 05, 2010 12:49PM) (new)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments Off to a slow start this year:

1. Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich

This was a re-read for me. Love this series although this wasn't my favourite I did prefer it to 14. I LOVE Ranger! :)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 2. Angel: After The Fall, Vol. 1
3. Angel: After the Fall: First Night Volume 2
4. Angel: After the Fall, Vol. 3
5. Angel: After The Fall, Vol. 4
6. Angel: After The Fall, Vol. 5 - Aftermath
7. Atlantis Rising by Alyssa Day

So I read the Angel graphic novels, wasn't too impressed but i'm counting them as I read them cover to cover!
Atlantis Rising was a pleasant suprise, a new series and new author and I enjoyed them. Looking forward to the next one.

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 8. Atlantis Awakening by Alyssa Day

2nd book i've read in this series. I will track down the short stories and continue with this. I'll add them to my ever growing TBR!

Donnajo | 518 comments Michelle, if you can find it read the book of letters by Alesia Holliday to her husband and he sent her while he was overseas. I think it's something called EMail to the front. It was one of my favorite books the year I read it. It really makes you think. I haven't tried her books under Alyssa Day yet. But have the first one. And I've tried to get her other's under Holliday but I'll have to check the library or ubs. But if you enjoy her other books you might like this one since it's true. And it was when she first started writing.

message 6: by Michelle (last edited Jan 26, 2010 06:17AM) (new)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments Donnajo wrote: "Michelle, if you can find it read the book of letters by Alesia Holliday to her husband and he sent her while he was overseas. I think it's something called EMail to the front. It was one of my f..."

Thanks for the recommendation, I will look out for it. I picked up one of the Alesia Holliday books it's called Blondes have more Felons? I'll give it a try at some point :)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 9. Grave Surprise by Charlaine Harris

This is the 2nd series by Charlaine Harris I have been reading. I discovered the Sookie books a long time ago, just after book 4 was published and I was hooked! I'm enjoying these too, they are quick books, quite short, straight to the point and there is no where near the amount of characters as in the Sookieverse. I do miss Eric though... :)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments I have read a few short stories but they where from different anthologies so i'm not counting them in.

10. Death's Mistress by Karen Chance

Loved this book, 2nd in the spin off series. I like the Cassie Palmer books but there is always so much going on that you can get confused. This series although based in the same world with recurring characters seems to flow a lot easier. I got sucked in to this book and struggled to put it down. Looking forward to the next installment.

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 11. Evermore by Alyson Noel

I enjoyed this, a new series, different world. Not your typical teen book.Predictable at times but I will continue on with this series.

12. Magic to the Bone by Devon Monk

This one I did like. It didn't seem to suffer too badly for being the first book in a series. No large information overload and not as repetitive as some. I have the next book in this series and plan to try and get to it soon. Maybe if I get all my challenge books done for the month :)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 13. Undead and Unreturnable by MaryJanice Davidson

4th Betsy book. Just like the rest - a quick easy read! Not much really happens in these books. I do enjoy them I'd just rather get them from the library or borrow from a friend than spend the money on them. Not my favourite series, I prefer the Fred the Mermaid books although I have still to read the 3rd one. Must add that to my "to buy" list...

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 14. Fangs But No Fangs by Kathy Love

2nd in the Young brothers series. I did enjoy the book, Christian is a good character. I guess I was just a little disappointed in how quickly he turned around from his actions in the first book. It was a different character really, but then it's a romance series and to be expected. It had the potential to be a lot darker...

Fluffy vampire romance but no sparkles in sight! (Thankfully) :)

message 12: by Michelle (last edited Feb 20, 2010 07:53AM) (new)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 15. Blood Noir by Laurell K. Hamilton

I'd been putting off this book for months after reading reviews of it when it first came out. I started going off this series a couple of books ago, it just lacks the plot that it used to have. :(
This one wasn't as bad as expected, I will read Skin Trade at some point, maybe today.

message 13: by Michelle (last edited Feb 21, 2010 11:35AM) (new)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 16. Ecstasy Unveiled by Larissa Ione

Based on the ongoing's in a demon hospital, inspired by the author's love of Angel, I was curious. Originally I think it was a trilogy, each book telling the story of 3 brothers. I was hooked a couple of chapters in and when I heard there was going to be a 4th and now a 5th I was happy!
I did enjoy this book, really did. I bubbled like a baby at the end of the 3rd, this one was angsty and I was hooked early on. I read it in one sitting, eagerly awaiting the next one.... :)

message 14: by Michelle (last edited Feb 21, 2010 11:43AM) (new)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments I'm behind were i thought I would be by this stage but I'm not too fussed, there's plenty of time left. Unfortunately I'm one of these people who looses brain cells when pregnant and often can't concentrate. Given that I am now 15wks, I'm hoping the morning sickness, or rather all day sickness, passes soon. It would help free up some time but then I'm running after two boys anyway, my eldest turns 5 next month and the little one is only 19 months. To say I have my hands full is an understatement but I wouldn't change it for anything :)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 17. How To Marry a Millionaire Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks

18. Be Still My Vampire Heart by Kerrelyn Sparks

Another new series for me, new author too. I have missed book 2, which I will need to get a hod of. I have enjoyed this series and I will continue with it. It's good to see Scottish Vampires being written well, they usually come across in a not so good way or when someone tries to writte scottish speak it often doesn't work. This was a nice balance. :)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 19. Leader of the Pack by Karen MacInerney

3rd book in this series. About a lone female werewolf, these are quite a light fun read. Nothing too heavy, and usually some humour threw in. I did enjoy it, waited aehile before I read it and will buy the next one, not one I would pre-order but I will buy it eventually.

20. First Drop of Crimson by Jeaniene Frost

This is the 1st in a spin-off series from the successful Cat & Bones series. To be honest, I like them just don't LOVE them. I thoroughly enjoyed this though, took a while to get into but once the story picked up I really enjoyed it. I'm glad I read it, will be reading the next installment!

21. Pleasure of a Dark Prince by Kresley Cole

7th in this series. I did like it, can be confusing as all the books in this series overlap at some point and you realise you know what's coming next as you have previously read it from another point of view. The Scottish in this one was bareable.

I'm behind where I thought I would be on this at this stage, pregnancyy is taking a lot of of me but then I also have two boys at home keeping me busy! I'm 18wks now, I'm still aiming for 144, just won't be as far over it as I hoped at the end of last year :)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 22. My Sister is a Werewolf by Kathy Love

I've still to read the 3rd installment but borrowed this from a friend. Follows the same formula as the rest, fast paced PNR. Enjoyable though, moreso than Christian's story.

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 23. Born of Fire (The League, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

I have read the original version of this book, this time I read the rewrite. The story was better developed and and I liked the story. Bit chunky for a pnr romance but worth the read. :)
I'm going to pick up the third installment next I think.

message 19: by Michelle (last edited Apr 04, 2010 11:49AM) (new)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 24. The Mage in Black by Jaye Wells

I was so looking forward to this one and I wasn't disappointed! Only downside is waiting to next year for the follow up :)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 25. Born of Ice by Sherrilyn Kenyon

3rd Installment in the League series and my favourite. set further in the future than the first two with previous charcters children.

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 26. Hunting Julian by Jacquelyn Frank

I wasn't sure of this at first, but then I wasn't sure of her other series either. you get so much world building through at you in the first installments that it can get a little confusing but considering how different her worlds are it's hardly suprising. I will be looking out for the next book :)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 27. Blood of the Demon by Diana Rowland

More UF than PNR but actual plot. It's a cop book, second in the series and just as good as the first. Really enjoyed it, looking forward to book 3!

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 28. Night Shift by Lilith Saintcrow

The second book I've read by this author but a different series.I enjoyed this one a lot more. I felt for Jill, got sucked right in to this world. This is a library book, will be ordering the rest for sure :)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 29. Cat's Claw by Amber Benson

Really enjoyed this installment, wish there was more Runt though :)

Falling behind again, had a lot going on...

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 30. Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs

I can't believe I let this one sit on my shelf for so long before picking it up to read! Forgot how it easily it is to get sucked in to Mercy's world, 5th in the series and I would recommend every one and the spin-off series Alpha & Omega :)
If Urban Fantasy is your thing, look into these... well worth it!

message 26: by Michelle (last edited Apr 30, 2010 06:16AM) (new)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 31. The Devil's Playground by Jenna Black

I gave this 4 stars although maybe it's only 3.5! I do quite like these books it's just that... maybe I expected more? I don't know. I will read the next one. Think I prefer the Guardian series :(

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 32. Black Magic Sanction by Kim Harrison

Still enjoying this series, just a shame that the books aren't being released 6 monthly like in the beginning! I hate waiting to see what Rachel's getting up to next. I cried during this one... Pregnancy hormones! :)

33. Wicked Enchantment by Anya Bast

This is the 2nd series I've read by Anya. I thoroughly enjoyed the Witch Blood series which I read last year. I seen this on a random trip to Waterstone's and although I'm not a huge fan of Fae paranormal I actually enjoyed this one.

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 34. Luscious Craving by Cameron Dean

This is book 2 in a trilogy. I haven't read the others but I don't feel that hindered me in any way. A friend gave me this one to read, I did quite like it. It wasn't a big book either :)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 35. Pride Mates by Jennifer Ashley

I quite liked this one. Not too sure of the main couple but I loved the world itself and the secondary characters. It did get better as it went on. They just lacked something and I'm not quite sure what! I will be looking out for the sequel though :)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 36. Vampire, Interrupted by Lynsay Sands

I don't usually like starting so far into a series but this one was on loan from a friend. I actually enjoyed this one, will be reading the rest at some point but I will try and do it in order :)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 37. Holiday in Death by J.D. Robb

I started this series awhile ago, I do like the books. I did think they got together a little early in the series, I would have liked a bit more chase :)
I mainly pick these up from the library so I don't always read them in order. They are quite good like that you can read anyone and enjoy it as a complete story. This is a christmas story.

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 38. The Sword by Jean Johnson

Took me a few days to read this one due to time constraints. I really enjoyed it though, intrigued by all the twins. Seemingly between me and Carlyn we have all the books, or most. So, I will definitely be continuing this one :)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 39. Lover Mine by J.R. Ward

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I wasn't entirely fussed in the beginning. The Lessers where never really much of a threat in the beginning. I loved the last one and I enjoyed this one. Not enough Rhev for me though...

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 40. Archangel's Kiss by Nalini Singh

I discovered Nalini last year though a recommendation on the Paranormal Romance group. I started with her other series and loved it so much that I bought this one when it was released. I'm really glad I did. She has some imagination! I really love the worlds she creates and the characters within them. :)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 41. Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews

This is one of my favourite UF series. Recommended for any fans of the genre.

I love Curran :)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 42. Moon Sworn by Keri Arthur

A very different type of Paranormal world, in this one genetics and genetic manipulation play a big part. It's a new take on the genre and if this is truly the last Riley book it's a bittersweet ending.
I started this book with tears in my eyes and ended it the same way.
It's been an interesting journey and I'm sad it's over.

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 43. An Ice Cold Grave by Charlaine Harris

Hmmmm.....

44. Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon

It's changed my opinion of Nick. I want to re-read all the Nick parts of the Dark Hunter books to see if it still fits with his character. It was nice seeing Kyrian prior to Amanda :)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 45. Casual Hex by Vicki Lewis Thompson

I bought the first in this series last year, turned out my friend had the third one. I will need to read book 2 now! It's a nice fun read, nothing too serious or indepth :)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 46. Vengeance in Death by J.D. Robb

Another in death book down. Trying to read the ones I missed in the series. I do like these, a nice quick read. Interesting take on the future without being to space-agey!

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 47.Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris

Book 10 in the series, very different from the TV show but I still love Eric!

48.Midnight in Death by J.D. Robb

Little quickie in the series, another Christmas/New Year tale...

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 49. Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep

New author and series for me, thoroughly enjoyed it! :)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 50. Shadow Blade by Seressia Glass

I loved this book in the beginning, I started to get bored towards the end. I will read the next one as I'm interested to see where it goes next. Interesting with the touch of Egyptian mythology.

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 51. Atlantis Redeemed by Alyssa Day

Still enjoying this series... I skipped ahead a few books and I will go back and fill in the gaps. Borrowed this from a friend. Carlyn has a lot to answer for! :)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 52. The Darkest Whisper by Gena Showalter

This one is better than the third. What started as a trilogy is now 5+ books. Gena gets better with every book. Some series I prefer over others, this one being my favourite of hers. Borrowed book 5 from a friend and just pre-ordered book 6 :)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 53. The Darkest Passion by Gena Showalter

Book 5 in the series and I got an email from Amazon saying book 6 has been posted! :)
I'm a happy bunny today. Still to read the book of short stories. Will maybe order that soon. I have read the prequel already, purchased the ebook.

What to read next....

message 46: by Michelle (last edited Jul 04, 2010 12:23PM) (new)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 54. Hunted by P.C. Cast

Fifth in the House of Night series. Young Adult vampire fiction but unlike the Twilight books they have plot. People get hurt and bad things happen. I have books 6 & 7 waiting to be read, may tackle them next! Unless Sizzling Sixteen arrives tomorrow. I need my Ranger fix! :)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 55. Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich

I want another Ranger book! There's never enough of him for my liking :)

Michelle (beantime) Hi Michelle! I see your list title all the time because my name is Michelle too, so I thought I'd stop in and wish you luck! :D

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments 56. Web of Lies by Jennifer Estep

Loving this series, just pre-ordered the next installment. Can't wait to find out what happens next :)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments Michelle wrote: "Hi Michelle! I see your list title all the time because my name is Michelle too, so I thought I'd stop in and wish you luck! :D"

Thanks Michelle, I noticed you've just started but don't let that put you off, there's still plenty of time. I'm reading a lot slower than normal due to real life gettng in the way but I'll do my best! Feel free to stop by anytime.

I'm glad you enjoyed Charlotte's Web, I love that book. Can't wait 'til my kids are old enough to enjoy it with me :)

« previous 1 3