Evermore discussion

Members > Community Lounge

Comments (showing 1-27 of 27) (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Thomas (alyssathelibrarian) Interact with other members here. Recommend books or just talk about life! Keep it friendly and PG-rated though please! :P

~alyssa

message 2: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Thomas (alyssathelibrarian) No, I have never heard of it! Who are they buy? I will have to add them to my to-read lists! ~alyssa

message 3: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (HeatherBenson) I want to read that series, but just haven't had the time to.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Has anyone read Evernight? my friend gave it to me for xmas and i wanted reviews first?

message 5: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (HeatherBenson) I've read it, I thought it was really good, but at first reading it I wasn't sure what I thought of it, and it was the same for my friend but we both like the book. I can't really tell you much about the book without spoiling things, but basically it's about this girl whos parents get a job working at a boarding school, and so they move there and she starts attending the school. I think that that is all I should say about it thought.

message 6: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Hinkel-Gill (carriehgill) | 7 comments I became so hooked on the Morganville Vampires that I read the first six in two weeks. I'm waiting until I have there a few to read because I know I'll gobble them up fast! I really like them because they are so different from what I'd been reading.

Evernight is a new one to me. I'll have to find it. Who's the author in case of multiple books with the same title by different author? Thanks!

message 7: by Skye (new)

Skye Scarlett (Skye_Zary) | 243 comments Evernight Awseome!!! i'm just starting to read Stargazer..

message 8: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (HeatherBenson) Carrie wrote: "I became so hooked on the Morganville Vampires that I read the first six in two weeks. I'm waiting until I have there a few to read because I know I'll gobble them up fast! I really like them beca..."

The author is Claudia Gray, and here is what the covers look like:
book 1: Evernight (Evernight, #1) by Claudia Gray
book 2: Stargazer (Evernight, #2) by Claudia Gray
book 3: Hourglass (Evernight, #3) by Claudia Gray

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Vampire Diaries anybody?

message 10: by Skye (new)

Skye Scarlett (Skye_Zary) | 243 comments Jamie wrote: "Vampire Diaries anybody?"

i can't bring myself to read that book... sorry
but i love the movie... it's awesome
Ian Somerhalder (Damon Salvatore) is so hot

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Why won't you read it?

message 12: by Skye (new)

Skye Scarlett (Skye_Zary) | 243 comments i don't no, kk i'll try...
i'll borrow it from the library... k?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I read the Awakening and the Struggle

message 14: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (HeatherBenson) I feel the same, I really like the show and feel that if I read them I'll start to dislike the show. Plus I have so many other books to read.

message 15: by Skye (new)

Skye Scarlett (Skye_Zary) | 243 comments has that happen to anyone.. coz if it has than i do not want to read it... i love the show so much....

message 16: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (Sassy212) | 8 comments Skye wrote: "has that happen to anyone.. coz if it has than i do not want to read it... i love the show so much...."

lol that happens to mean sometimes i suppose XD anybody read the vampire academy xD?

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

DAMON IS HUMAN!!!!!!! :'(

message 18: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (HeatherBenson) Sassygurl234 wrote: "Skye wrote: "has that happen to anyone.. coz if it has than i do not want to read it... i love the show so much...."

lol that happens to mean sometimes i suppose XD anybody read the vampire acad..."

Ya I've read all of the VA books but the most recent one, love them.

message 19: by Skye (new)

Skye Scarlett (Skye_Zary) | 243 comments Wat!!!!!! how can that be!!

message 20: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Hinkel-Gill (carriehgill) | 7 comments If anyone is interested and hasn't seen it yet, I interviewed Alyson Noel for Moonlight, Lace and Mayhem's YA Room author blog. Stop by, check it out and leave some comments for the author! Thanks!

http://mlmya.blogspot.com/2010/06/ya-...

Hope you enjoy it!

I'll be sure to add Claudia Gray to my new author's to check out stack! Thanks for that!

message 21: by Skye (new)

Skye Scarlett (Skye_Zary) | 243 comments you wat!!! you interviewd Alyson Noel!!! you serious

message 22: by Bitten_by_Books (new)

Bitten_by_Books | 1 comments I hope it is okay to share this here. Alyson is going to be answering questions ALL day, so don't miss this fun event on Tuesday. All the info is below. :)

Author Alyson Noel Audio Blog, Chat and Contest - You are Invited!

RSVP for Alyson's Event at This LINK: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=27402
and get 25 entries to the when you show up on the day of the event. If you don’t show up and mention your RSVP AND ask a question, you won’t be entered into the contest.

Join us on 7/13 with author Alyson Noel for an audio blog, chat and contest. The event starts at 12:00 pm Central and runs all day and into the evening. The contest portion of the event runs until 11:59 pm Central on 7/14. For those visiting from outside of the US, here is the time conversion link. We are in the Chicago time zone: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Alyson will be talking about her recent book release in the Immortals series, "Dark Flame".

“In Alyson Noel’s most darkly seductive Immortals novel yet, Ever fights for control of her body, her soul—and the timeless true love she’s been chasing for centuries.

Ever is trying to help Haven transition into life as an immortal. But with Haven drunk on her new powers and acting recklessly, she poses the ultimate threat—exposing their secret world to the outside. As Ever struggles to keep the Immortals hidden, it only propels Haven closer to the enemy—Roman and his evil companions

At the same time, Ever delves deeper into dark magick to free Damen from Roman’s power. But when her spell backfires, it binds her to the one guy who’s hell-bent on her destruction. Now there’s a strange, foreign pulse coursing through her, and no matter what she does, she can’t stop thinking about Roman—and longing for his touch. As she struggles to resist the fiery attraction threatening to consume her, Roman is more than willing to take advantage of her weakened state…and Ever edges closer and closer to surrender.

Frantic to break the spell before its too late, Ever turns to Jude for help, risking everything she knows and loves to save herself—and her future with Damen …”

CONTEST INFO: Open to readers worldwide.
Prizes:
Grand Prize: $100 Amazon.com gift card + an audio edition 4-pack of the Immortals series by Alyson Noel
5 Runners Up: An audio edition 4-pack of the Immortals series by Alyson Noel

Check out Alyson Noel’s website and get your questions ready for the event.
http://www.alysonnoel.com/

Be SURE to INVITE your friends with this link: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=27402 so they can RSVP too

message 23: by *~Emo: {Evanna} :Goth~* (last edited Oct 13, 2011 09:15PM) (new)

*~Emo: {Evanna} :Goth~* (Eclipse13) ((RP Stands for Role-Play))
I think we should make an RP for this site.
Whn your'e in an RP you make a character and pretend to be that character. You start off my posting a beggining to the story, you canput characters from the book in it 2!
When your character tlks you ut it in
"Quotation marks"
When you talk you put
((two parentheses))
We could pretend to be Immortals or humans, it's really fun once you get into it, it's like being in the books.!!!!!!! Let's vote, post yes, if you want an RP.!!!!!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

heyyy everyone

message 25: by Adrita (new)

Adrita | 2 comments deleted user wrote: "Vampire Diaries anybody?"

i don't like the vampire diaries.....they are a bit too unnatural....but i love the immortal series...she blends fiction with reality so beautifully!

message 26: by Adrita (new)

Adrita | 2 comments Andromeda Elle Nicole wrote: "((RP Stands for Role-Play))
I think we should make an RP for this site.
Whn your'e in an RP you make a character and pretend to be that character. You start off my posting a beggining to the st..."

sure...which character do i get to be? Ever please, please please......!

message 27: by Aleyna (new)

Aleyna | 2 comments I wanna b ever! im blonde hair and blue eyes.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Stargazer (other topics)
Hourglass (other topics)
Evernight (other topics)