The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Other Book Discussions > A Compiled List Of Rory's Books

Comments (showing 1-50 of 82) (82 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Shonali (new)

Shonali | 5 comments I collected all lists available on the net and tried to sort it out . Here is the result. I am planning to read it as a personal reading project. Any body wishing to join is welcome.
Link for the Google Spreadsheet
Link to reading Project :Rory Gilmore Books Project

message 2: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (KristiLarson) Thanks for the list Shonali, that must have taken you a long time to complete!

message 3: by Lori (new)

Lori | 315 comments Oh wow! This is amazing! I think I might join. I have a friend that I'm tackling a massive reading list with and she might be amenable to joining me.

Thank you for sharing and best of luck!

message 4: by Amber (new)

Amber Downing (literati4) | 7 comments This is something I would love to do. This is going to take a lot of time to complete. Good Luck!!!

message 5: by Shonali (new)

Shonali | 5 comments Nice to know u guys are interested. I hope all of you have fun reading.
It is a long list that's why it's a perpetual project. No time limit , no pressure.

message 6: by Sara (new)

Sara (veggiesara) | 2 comments wow! What an amazing list! I would love to take your challenge, but unfortunately I have so little time that I would probably finish it within 20 years or so..

message 7: by Sheila (new)

Sheila | 14 comments This list is exactly the type of thing I've been looking for. I've already read a few of the books on this list but I've decided that if I haven't read it in the past two years I'm going to read it again. Thanks for this! :)

message 8: by Christine (new)

Christine | 5 comments Can you make it a goodreads list for us, please? :D

message 9: by Maria (new)

Maria (thewondering1) | 1 comments Christine wrote: "Can you make it a goodreads list for us, please? :D"

I second this

message 10: by Shonali (new)

Shonali | 5 comments Sure .. I will..But might take a day or two..Little busy with some stuff

message 11: by whichwaydidshego?, the sage of sass (new)

whichwaydidshego? (whichwaydidshego) | 1996 comments Mod
I'm not sure if you've ever looked, but our bookshelf for this group took ages and ages to compile and is pretty exhaustive. The entire group at the time contributed to find the lists, sources, and episodes they came from, etc. Just in case you were interested.

message 12: by Shonali (new)

Shonali | 5 comments whichwaydidshego? wrote: "I'm not sure if you've ever looked, but our bookshelf for this group took ages and ages to compile and is pretty exhaustive. The entire group at the time contributed to find the lists, sources, an..."

I did look in the bookshelf and have linked you on my blog to. I loved the way this group works but I read at my own pace so I needed a spreadsheet to make my task easy, so I combined many lists available and tried to trim it off any duplicates . Nothing to offend u people .
I know it took u time to create this group and the list .I took time to make that spreadsheet too. I am sorry . If u want u can take this discussion off the group. I didn't know I wasn't supposed to put it up. Sorry again..

message 13: by Dottie (new)

Dottie  (oxymoronid) | 698 comments Shonali -- I don't think Michele meant that -- just trying to save anyone reinventing the wheel, if you understand that? Good to know you added the link to the group, too. There are a lot of the older threads here which are really great discussions of many of Rory's books and lots of entertaining things touching upon the series as well.

message 14: by Shonali (new)

Shonali | 5 comments Dottie wrote: "Shonali -- I don't think Michele meant that -- just trying to save anyone reinventing the wheel, if you understand that? Good to know you added the link to the group, too. There are a lot of the..."

Yes Dottie I know that.. I loved reading the discussions here that's why I joined this group. But I think the message from Michele was pretty clear and I understood what it meant :)

If I have joined this group it is pretty obvious I would have taken time to see through the lists and bookshelf.

I put up the spreadsheet without the group moderators permission.It was my mistake and I apologize. It is a personal project and it should have been kept that way. I am really sorry if any of u felt I tried to undermine your labor in creating this group.

message 15: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (melchycat) | 27 comments The list is amazing. Thanks for all your hard work. It will take some time and I will admit there are a couple, I don't really think I will read. But over all I'm looking forward to it.

message 16: by Dottie (new)

Dottie  (oxymoronid) | 698 comments Shonali -- I think your only problem was not being clear that you had read the groups threads thoroughly -- I don't think you meeded to keep your personal project off the board at all, okay? There are many who jump into a group and paod no heed to it other than to post something -- I can see you are not one of those -- I did not intend to offend you believe me. I think your list is great and I've bookmarked your info along with several other recent Rory challenges -- I think fans agree -- the more the merrier. I absolutely didn't feel you were attempting to undermine things in the group.

message 17: by Liberty (new)

Liberty Outlaw (LibertyReadsAlot) | 1 comments im going to try as a personal project also...after i read the book I am currently reading. Lucky for me my mom works at a highschool, and I can get all the Library books I wish, without a due date. :) Good luck to all...An abundant of thanks to Shonali :)

message 18: by Edel (new)

Edel (EdelLittleBookFairy) | 1 comments This is a really great idea.. Good luck to everyone starting it...

message 19: by whichwaydidshego?, the sage of sass (new)

whichwaydidshego? (whichwaydidshego) | 1996 comments Mod
Shanoli, I'm not sure how I offended you, but I am sorry that you took what I said in such a negative light. As I look back on it, I still don't see how it is "clear" that I meant anything other than what I did say - trying to give you other options. Dottie was correct in thinking I was simply saying that we did research as well and it might be a good resource. Many people over the last couple of years didn't even know we had a bookshelf. If in pointing out that there was one and we put thought and energy into it was hurtful, I am truly sorry.

This group is about sharing. You sharing your spreadsheet, but also other people sharing their opinions and in my case, simple information in the hopes it might be helpful. I hope we can all continue to be open to all of these things from the others here. The exchange is what makes this such a wonderful group!

message 20: by Estelle (new)

Estelle | 15 comments Hey, does anyone know what's the book Jess took from Rory to write in the margins?

message 21: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 130 comments Estelle, I think the book you're thinking of is Howl and Other Poems (from the episode when Rory and Jess first meet?).

message 22: by Estelle (new)

Estelle | 15 comments Yes, that's it! The only words I could see on the TV was HOWL and googling that to find the answer is impossible. Thanks!

message 23: by Christina (new)

Christina (AndreaChristina) | 1 comments I'm in! Wow, this is going to take some time...

message 24: by Lucie (new)

Lucie Janků | 20 comments I´m also in! Well, I can´t read those books all the time because of all the school reading, but I´m gonna give it a try. Until now I´ve read 18 books according to Rory´s, now I´m reading another one - A Confederacy of Dunces :)

message 25: by Joy (new)

Joy Gerbode (wingsofjoy) I don't think I can join this challenge ... I've only read about half a dozen on that list, and only have half a dozen on my to-read list. But I am super impressed with the list. Where in the world did you come up with this? Were these books all mentioned or seen in episodes? I'll have to pay closer attention, I guess. My daughters and I have been watching the series ... we get together about once a week and enjoy 2 or 3 episodes, dinner together, etc. It's been a good fun time together for the 3 of us.

message 26: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Courtright (indiepoetrygirl) I love the list! I bookmarked the actual list, if that is ok? I'm so glad a ton are already on my tbr shelf, and 30 on my read shelf.

Will you be adding any more books to your list?

Nari (The Novel World) (TheNovelWorld) | 8 comments What an amazing list, how did I just now come across this spreadsheet? I have a list of Rory Gilmore's reads on my book blog. Now I have a new project of going through my list and adding missing titles. Thanks for putting this together!

message 28: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie fidis (rory935stephanie) | 5 comments that list looks fabulous! I have been in love with Rory and her reading choices since I was in like kindergarten. Now i am old enough to read them and actually understand what they are saying.

message 29: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (FLPanthers) | 55 comments All I can say is, 'WOW!' lol, that's alot of work. Its cool someone actually put this list together. I might get some of the books a try :)

message 30: by Andi (new)

Andi | 2 comments Thanks for putting this list together! Looking forward to some great reads!

message 31: by Meghan (new)

Meghan B. (meghan_b) | 2 comments This is a great list, thanks. When did she read Harry Potter? I don't remember that at all!

message 32: by ... (new)

... (a_reader_1) | 2 comments What a wonderful list! I was just thinking of buying some new books and I think I'll scour through Rory's books now. Thankee for all the effort :-]

message 33: by Ella (new)

Ella (bellasearcher) | 3 comments Shonali wrote: "I collected all lists available on the net and tried to sort it out . Here is the result. I am planning to read it as a personal reading project. Any body wishing to join is welcome.
Link for the ..."

wow am so glad to find this group, i have read about a handful of books on the original list but i hope to read most or if not all of them.. I do salute you and thank you for the effort you made to complete and update the list. Kudos!

message 34: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (prettypieceoffiction) | 1 comments I am super excited about this list! I have a million books I need to read already, but what's a million more :)

message 35: by Melody (new)

Melody Mcewen | 1 comments I am going to try to tackle the list , wish me good luck !

message 36: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 6 comments Shonali wrote: "I collected all lists available on the net and tried to sort it out . Here is the result. I am planning to read it as a personal reading project. Any body wishing to join is welcome.
Link for the ..."

I cannot thank-you more for this list! It's something I've wanted to do, but never found the time!!! :D

message 37: by Taryn (new)

Taryn (anotherdesperatehousewife) | 81 comments I have just started the list myself - and am going to be blogging and reviewing as I go. Please check it out:

http://taryndryfhout.blogspot.com/

message 38: by Mary (new)

Mary  | 9 comments Just joined and am so thrilled to find such a complete list of Rory's reading!

message 39: by Arlene (new)

Arlene Mullen (ammullen02) | 3 comments I love this list!! Thank you so much I am always looking for new books!

message 40: by Isabelle (new)

Isabelle (madame_izab0u) | 8 comments What a great idea!!

message 41: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (Jazz626) | 8 comments Sounds amazing

message 42: by Jumana (new)

Jumana | 11 comments this is amazing, thanks so much :)

message 43: by Meredith (new)

Meredith (merhylton) | 1 comments I'm so excited to find this! I am and have been a huge fan of the show and I always appreciated Rory's book references. I can't wait to get started on the list :)

message 44: by Anne Nikoline (new)

Anne Nikoline (annenikoline) | 80 comments I made my own reading project on my blog; to read every book Rory read and so far, I'm very pleased to say that I have read quite a few already. It is amazing!

message 45: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 130 comments Anne Nikoline wrote: "I made my own reading project on my blog; to read every book Rory read and so far, I'm very pleased to say that I have read quite a few already. It is amazing!"

I did the same thing on my blog. I've read 51 books from the list so far, which is pretty good, but I still have over 200 books to go!

message 46: by Taryn (new)

Taryn (anotherdesperatehousewife) | 81 comments Lt's have your links - I wanna have a looksie :)

message 47: by Kayla (last edited Jan 24, 2012 02:10PM) (new)

Kayla | 130 comments Taryn wrote: "Lt's have your links - I wanna have a looksie :)"

I actually "stole" the book list from your blog so there's nothing new to see, but here's the link to my blog page if you'd like to see what books I've read from the list so far :)

http://allthethingssheread.blogspot.c...

message 48: by Taryn (new)

Taryn (anotherdesperatehousewife) | 81 comments aha! funny!!!!

message 49: by Taryn (new)

Taryn (anotherdesperatehousewife) | 81 comments I stole it from here, so we are just part of a chain of rory list theives.... LOL

message 50: by Kayla (last edited Jan 24, 2012 02:14PM) (new)

Kayla | 130 comments Taryn wrote: "Lt's have your links - I wanna have a looksie :)"

Oh, and I found some doubles on the list after I'd pasted it to my blog, just to let you know. Though, I can't remember which books were included in the list twice (I think there were about five or so books listed more than once).

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Howl and Other Poems (other topics)
Secrets of the Flesh: A Life of Colette (other topics)