Gigi's Company discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Gigi's Company Archives > January 2010 Books of the Month Suggestions

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kathleen Burket (KathleenGiGiCompany) | 13712 comments Mod
Please post your nominees for January 2010 Books of the Month on this thread. Please limit your nominations to two books per member.

Gina (GinRobi) | 3325 comments Mod
Here's my first suggestion. I'll be back to post my second.

Hard to Hold (Hold trilogy, #1) by Stephanie Tyler Hard to Hold by Stephanie Tyler
"Hold" Trilogy, Bk #1

THE SPECIAL OPS HERO FEARED NOTHING—
UNTIL HE MET A WOMAN TOO HOT TO HOLD.…

Lieutenant Jake Hansen has survived some of the riskiest missions known to man. But now the wounded Navy SEAL faces his toughest job yet: smuggling Dr. Isabelle Markham out of Africa without triggering an international incident. Not easy to do when the gorgeous hostage happens to be a senator’s daughter—and about as easy to resist as an oasis in the desert.

If it weren’t for Jake, Isabelle would still be halfway across the world, where rebel forces left her for dead. The special ops warrior may have saved her life, but she doesn’t need him to protect her now. Tell that to the ruggedly handsome hunk in full battle fatigues who’s just been assigned as Isabelle’s personal bodyguard. Close quarters aside, Isabelle won’t let Jake anywhere near her heart—until danger throws them together again. And nothing in the jungles of wildest Africa could prepare them for a passion this wild. This crazy. This hot…

message 3: by Kathleen (last edited Dec 02, 2009 04:45PM) (new)

Kathleen Burket (KathleenGiGiCompany) | 13712 comments Mod
The following are my nominees for January 2010 Books of the Month:

[image error]Twist by Colby Hodge (MMP)

Twist is a futuristic time-travel alien-vampire romantic urban fantasy action adventure . . . Well, strange as the combination may sound, it actually worked. – Amazon reader review.

All of the above and a new author—whether or not this book is selected as a Book of the Month selection, it will go on my own to-be-read list.

From Goodreads:

Abbey Shore never intended to be the savior of the world; it was just something that happened—like her father's tragic death and the fact that she's now poor and "flipping" houses in the Chicago suburbs to finish college. And there's more: behind a crumbling wall in her current renovation, a swirling vortex hides. It's a gate, a portal—and it will not only cast her into the arms and power of the enigmatic yet doomed Dr. Shane Maddox, but also into the clutches of Lucinda, the eerie, leather -clad beauty who shadowed his every move in the Sacred Heart ER. Abbey will soon be one hundred years in the future, in a dying land filled with roving bands of humans fighting for survival, and the "ticks" against whom they fight. Oh yes, Abbey's life has had a Twist.

Time is running out to twist things back.

---------------------------------------------

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona AndrewsMagic Bites(Kate Daniels, Book 1) by Ilona Andrews (MMP)

I found this book through our games. Several times I did a search for authors whose names began with the letter “I.” No matter which booksellers’ site I used, Ilona Andrews always came up and her books always had good reviews. Selecting one of her books as a nominee for this month was a no brainer.

From Goodreads:

When the magic is up, rogue mages cast their spells and monsters appear, while guns refuse to fire and cars fail to start. But then technology returns, and the magic recedes as unpredictably as it arose, leaving all kinds of paranormal problems in its wake.

Kate Daniels is a down-on-her-luck mercenary who makes her living cleaning up these magical problems. But when Kate's guardian is murdered, her quest for justice draws her into a power struggle between two strong factions within Atlanta's magic circles.

The Masters of the Dead, necromancers who can control vampires, and the Pack, a paramilitary clan of shapechangers, blame each other for a series of bizarre killings—and the death of Kate's guardian may be part of the same mystery. Pressured by both sides to find the killer, Kate realizes she's way out of her league—but she wouldn't have it any other way…

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Hard to Hold (other topics)
Magic Bites (other topics)
Twist (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Stephanie Tyler (other topics)
Ilona Andrews (other topics)
Colby Hodge (other topics)