Linda Howard Book Junkies discussion

Books & Reading > What books are you reading by her

Comments (showing 1-50 of 477) (477 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

please only post books by linda

message 2: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (ColleenCT1) | 1 comments I have just read "Now You See Her" What a great book. I read it in just one day. I liked everything about it. I am looking forward to reading "Kill and Tell" next unless you think I should read something else?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

no go a head and let me know

message 4: by Tonya (new)

Tonya Potts I have read and own them all! =) Most more than once.

message 5: by Athena (new)

Athena (athenaweeena) "More than once"...YES!!

message 6: by Athena (new)

Athena (athenaweeena) right now i'm reading Blood Born. her second? try at paranormal romance. i didn't really like the first book of the Raintree series she was a part of. I think it was the only story of hers I really didn't like. Ah, well, I'm really diggin' Blood Born.

message 7: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (KathyAnne) | 627 comments I am rereading After the Night for a Month Challange.
This is my second fav book by her tho I love almost all of them.
I am 24 yo and have been reading her since I was 13 so I have read all oof them I think,and love most of them

message 8: by Jessie (new)

Jessie (Jholla) | 3 comments Athena wrote: "right now i'm reading Blood Born. her second? try at paranormal romance. i didn't really like the first book of the Raintree series she was a part of. I think it was the only story of hers I really..."

Kathy Anne, how did you like this book? This one a really good one for me!!! It will prob be a re-read later!!

message 9: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (KathyAnne) | 627 comments Jessie
Do you mean Raintree or After the Night
I didn`t care much for the Raintree Series and don`t think it did too well.Don`t know why but it just didn`t seem to be her writing.
Love ATN,I have reread it so many times I can prob quote it verbatim

message 10: by Jessie (new)

Jessie (Jholla) | 3 comments I was referring to After The Night! Such a great read!!

message 11: by Athena (new)

Athena (athenaweeena) okay i missed After the Night *checking bookcase* gahhh. okay so on the 10th i'll pick up the newest one and ATN.

message 12: by Jessie (new)

Jessie (Jholla) | 3 comments Athena wrote: "okay i missed After the Night *checking bookcase* gahhh. okay so on the 10th i'll pick up the newest one and ATN."

You won't be disapponted!

message 13: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (KathyAnne) | 627 comments That is definitly for sure

message 14: by Amar (new)

Amar | 42 comments Hi all, new to this group!

I just finished Linda's newest book, Veil of Night and really like it. I felt her recent books were missing that special 'heat' between the h/h that she is so well known for but she definitely got it back in this book. Still could use some more steamy scenes but overall it was very satisfying, esp. the supporting characters and funny side stories. Light, fun read, I'd recommend it!

message 15: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 151 comments I'm rereading Cover of Night

message 16: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 801 comments After the Night is my favorite book by Linda Howard. It drew me in from the first. One one romance book list I saw that it was one of the all-time top 100. It deserves. This book has everything, romance, mystery, and great love scenes. Grey is wonderful and fully deserves Faith. I truely understood both their angsts. They are both strong characters but in different ways.

message 17: by Norma (new)

Norma | 27 comments I just finished Veil of Night. Good book! I loved Eric. I love most of what she does. Didn't finish Blood Born. Couldn't get into it.

Oh and don't kick me out of the group, but I HATED After the Night. I thought it was her worst book with her worst hero. *ducking head*

message 18: by Norma (new)

Norma | 27 comments Pamela, what do you think of Cover of Night. I didn't like it at first. But I re-read it recently and found that while the bad guys were still extremely silly, I really liked Cal.

message 19: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 151 comments Norma wrote: "Pamela, what do you think of Cover of Night. I didn't like it at first. But I re-read it recently and found that while the bad guys were still extremely silly, I really liked Cal."

It wasn't my fave by her but I did like it and I think I liked it better the 2nd time around. I felt she didn't develop Cal's character enough but I still thought he was drool worthy. I would have loved to see the 2 of them together more through the story.

message 20: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 151 comments Norma wrote: "I just finished Veil of Night. Good book! I loved Eric. I love most of what she does. Didn't finish Blood Born. Couldn't get into it.

Oh and don't kick me out of the group, but I HATED Af..."

I wasn't too fond of ATN either. I didn't like Gray and his abusive ways. It didn't work for me.

message 21: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (KathyAnne) | 627 comments Cover of Night was one of the few books by her I didn`t like and DNF

message 22: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 151 comments Kathy Anne wrote: "Cover of Night was one of the few books by her I didn`t like and DNF"

It starts sort of slow and has all that build up. I can see where it would be hard for some to get into but when the real trouble starts and Cal breaks out of his "shell" then I think the story really takes a good turn.

message 23: by Norma (new)

Norma | 27 comments Kathy Anne, I can totally see CoN being a DNF. It features some of the most stupid bad guys in history! But it does get good eventually. Well, it gets better anyway. Cal isn't developed nearly enough, but he does become a fun character. He comes out of his shell and is pretty hot.

message 24: by Amar (new)

Amar | 42 comments Alright, all this After the Night panning has made me want to read it again so am doing that right now!

Re: Cover of Night, definitely not one of my faves but did like the way Cal had a cute crush on Cate but towards the end when he finally came out of his shell/disguise, the romance was just too short!

message 25: by Noelle (new)

Noelle | 37 comments I just finished Veil of Night  A Novel by Linda Howard and I really loved it. I thought that it felt more like some of her older ones like Open Season by Linda Howardand Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard. It had the heat factor and the humor mixed in. I loved that Eric just couldn't get a good cup of Joe without all of the hassle.lol

message 26: by Amar (new)

Amar | 42 comments Love that good-cup-of-coffee angle too Noelle! I was laughing that it was carried all the way to the last page!

message 27: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (KathyAnne) | 627 comments White Out is the book that made me gasp-it was the first book of that type I read and I was quite young !!
I still think of it as the hottest book I`ve ever read,not only can Linda write the best and hottest love scenes to me,but she always has a great story that makes them real-not just tossed in as so much erotica is these days
Speaking of coffee,I`m ready for my second cup.

message 28: by Fran (new)

Fran Just started Duncan's Bride (Duncan & Evangeline, #1) by Linda Howard

message 29: by Noelle (new)

Noelle | 37 comments Come to think of it, I do have one of her books sitting in my tbr that I haven't read yet. It's A Mother's Touch  The Way Home\The Paternity Test\A Stranger's Son by Linda Howard Has anyone read this one yet?? (The story by Linda Howard is 'The Way Home')

message 30: by Amar (new)

Amar | 42 comments Noelle, The Way Home is more of a short story I think...but very, very sweet.

message 31: by Amar (new)

Amar | 42 comments Noelle, The Way Home is more of a short story I think...but very, very sweet.

Fran, hope you like Duncan's Bride as much I did, one of my all time faves.

Someone mentioned Bloodborn earlier, I actually liked it more that I thought I would but there was some serious lack of sexy scenes in there, a must have for me in a LH book...other than that, liked it better than the Raintree book.

message 32: by Noelle (new)

Noelle | 37 comments I figured that it would be (sweet) in the collection that it was in. I bought it because, well, she wrote it.lol I just havent gotten around to reading it yet. =)

message 33: by Shonna (new)

Shonna (sclaude) | 27 comments Started this weekend, re-read, After the Night, Shades of Twilight, Dream Man and am now on the Mackenzie series.

message 34: by Noelle (new)

Noelle | 37 comments I just ordered an oldie but hopfully a goodie of hers, The Cutting Edge by Linda Howard. I can't wait until it gets here.lol

message 35: by Amar (new)

Amar | 42 comments This is a good one Noelle!

message 36: by Noelle (new)

Noelle | 37 comments Thanks Amar, I've read almost everything she has written so I thought that I would read some of the older ones.

message 37: by Janet (last edited Oct 22, 2010 02:32PM) (new)

Janet (JanetLilith) | 137 comments Noelle wrote: "Thanks Amar, I've read almost everything she has written so I thought that I would read some of the older ones."

Hi guys, I'm new here, and heave been a LH fan for more than ten years. I've read, and own, everything she's ever written. (52, BTW)

Kathy Anne, White Out was one of the first of hers I read, and I thought it was very hot, too! In some circles, he's known as Price Wham-Bam-What's-Your-Name-Ma'am Tanner. LOL

Kseniya Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sin Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ White Out was my lunchtime fave! I read it online in one go! Not much story in it, but damn.. was it hot!!!

message 39: by Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (last edited Oct 23, 2010 12:02PM) (new)

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (ThePirateWench) | 14 comments Im reading right now
and is really good so far! Dream Man by Linda Howard

message 40: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 151 comments I loved that one! Its not listed on many fave lists but I have it on mine.

message 41: by Gigi (last edited Oct 23, 2010 12:17PM) (new)

Gigi | 94 comments I havent read that one yet. We should have a LH group read every month. I haven't read a Howard book in a few months. I think I'm going to try to read Mr. Perfect next month. I'm overdue for a LH book.

message 42: by Janet (new)

Janet (JanetLilith) | 137 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "I loved that one! Its not listed on many fave lists but I have it on mine."

I love Dream Man, too. It's our book of the month on a Linda Howard bulletin board that I'm on.

message 43: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 151 comments She needs to write faster. I haven't read all her work but I have read most of it except some of her earlier works.

message 44: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 94 comments She does! I'm fairly new to her so, I'm trying to catch up. LOL

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (ThePirateWench) | 14 comments I think a group read on one of her books a month is a great idea Gigi!

message 46: by Noelle (new)

Noelle | 37 comments The Cutting Edge by Linda Howard came in the mail this weekend and I've just started it but so far so good. =)
I also think a group read would be a great idea, it would give me an excuse to reread some of her books. =)

message 47: by Norma (new)

Norma | 27 comments I just re-read Kill and Tell and now I really, really need to do a re-read of All the Queens Men. I re-read Mr. Perfect, Open Season and Mackenzie's Mountain regularly. I'd love to take part in a LH book club and then we could discuss the book at the end of the month. Plus there are a few of her older works I've not read.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (ThePirateWench) | 14 comments I just finished Dream Man by Linda Howard
and I think this book is now my favorite..now Im having a hard time choosing one good enough to match this! anyone read alot of her books & can suggest a next top notch read of hers for me?

message 49: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 151 comments Sandi wrote: "I just finished Dream Man by Linda Howard
and I think this book is now my favorite..now Im having a hard time choosing one good enough to match this! anyone read alot of her books & can suggest..."

Along with Dream Man, I love Mr. Perfect, Open Season, Mackenzie Mountain, Cry No More, Death Angel... to name a few...

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (ThePirateWench) | 14 comments Thanks Pamela..III check those out..isnt the Mackenzie a series?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Mr. Perfect (other topics)
Open Season (other topics)
Veil of Night (other topics)
Duncan's Bride (other topics)
A Mother's Touch: The Way Home\The Paternity Test\A Stranger's Son (other topics)
More...