Greek Odysses discussion

So, you're New > Rules

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rustyleaf, "No no, that's second degree murder."-Mod#1 (new)

Rustyleaf | 592 comments Mod
Hello, and welcome to the Greek Odysses roleplaying group.As you may know,this is an rp group and as the title suggests there are some rules you'll need to follow, but don't worry there aren't many and they are pretty easy to understand.

message 2: by Rustyleaf, "No no, that's second degree murder."-Mod#1 (new)

Part 1: Group Basics

In most groups there are some rules that just apply to every group you join, such as double parantheses.

1)When on an roleplay topic talk in double parantheses if what you have to say is not relevant to the rp board. EX.

Datlus slashed at the mighty beat's head, he didn't know what it was but he knew he wanted to survive. He lifted his sword and stabbed the creature. Its side sguirted out brown blood.

((I've got to go, bye))

Since 'I've got to go, bye' isn't apart of the rp it is in double parantheses.

2)Don't talk in caps if your roleplaying. EX.

"I SHALL SLAY YOU ONCE AND FOR ALL!"DATALUS CRIED AND RAISED HIS SWORD ONCE MORE PLUNGING IT INTO ITS HEART.

If the character is yelling,it might be okay, but generally don't. You won't be kicked out of the group if you do but try your best.

3)Please don't use text talk. EX.

Datalus trned arnd & saw another beast grtr thn the 2nd 1.

Yes, text talk includes numbers and symbols.

4)Try using the proper spelling and grammer.EX.

One beat was dead but he got another one to kill. There wasn't nobody to help him so he gots to do it bye himselph.Their was one problom thogh...

AS you might know, its a struggle to read that, I'm not saying I don't make mistakes too so you won't be band if you just don't know how to spell something, I mean I spelled parantheses wrong.

5) Please punctuate properly.

message 3: by Rustyleaf, "No no, that's second degree murder."-Mod#1 (last edited Nov 21, 2009 11:34AM) (new)

Part 2:How to play

1)If you read the description, you know that the first twelve people can be demi-gods. Don't repeat any demi-gods so there can't be two children of poseidon.In your character's profile list that he is a demi-god and tell who his mom/dad is.

2)In this group there is ranking.Rookie,Junior,warrior,hero,legend.

To earn the title rookie you need

You can have them start off as anywhere from Rookie to warrior. You have to earn other titles.

3)Don't use Roman gods!(if you don't know which gods are roman they are the planet names Neptune and such also cupid)

Well thats pretty much it.I f you have any questions post them on the Questions board.

message 4: by Rustyleaf, "No no, that's second degree murder."-Mod#1 (new)

Part 3:Roleplaying

1)If you have roleplayed before than the rules are pretty similar if not here they are. Don't roleplay as another person's character, sometimes you are unaware of rping s another character but even something as vague as:

"Hey Dorian!" Bobby shouted. Dorian looked up.

Is considered rping as someone's character,sso be careful :). Just so you are aware, if you dream of someone else doing something that does not count. EX.

Bobby drifted off to sleep.
and slipped into a dream

Bobby saw Dorian slaying a hydra,but its head kept multiplying!

Bobby awoke, his heart pounding.

message 5: by Rustyleaf, "No no, that's second degree murder."-Mod#1 (last edited Nov 17, 2009 05:47PM) (new)

And that's it for now,if you have any questions post them on the "Quetions" board.

message 7: by Rustyleaf, "No no, that's second degree murder."-Mod#1 (new)

Olivia you hath returned from over internet yonder.

unread topics | mark unread