Roger Zelazny discussion

Group Reads > December 2009 Group Read

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Greyweather | 62 comments Jim wrote: "We should probably start asking around the beginning of the month & set up the polls by the 10th. That way we can have a week of voting & still allow folks time to get the book."

This Immortal and Jack of Shadows were tied for second place in the last poll, so I'm going to go ahead and nominate them both for this month.

message 2: by Jim, Keeper of the Pattern (new)

Jim (JimMacLachlan) | 874 comments I'll second them, but I think I'll vote for Jack again. I've read Conrad recently.

message 3: by Mohammed, Dilvish The Damned (new)

Mohammed (Maxamed) | 83 comments Jack easily for me.

This Immortal was quality book but i dont re-read ;)

message 4: by Dan, Jack of Shadows (new)

Dan Schwent  (akaGunslinger) | 53 comments I'm nominating My Name is Legion, as I've already read Jack and This Immortal.

message 5: by Jim, Keeper of the Pattern (new)

Jim (JimMacLachlan) | 874 comments You really need to re-read "This Immortal", Mohammed. Maybe not too soon, but it's not a book that you completely get with one reading.

message 6: by Mohammed, Dilvish The Damned (new)

Mohammed (Maxamed) | 83 comments I plan to re-read only the absolute favs later on. I'm too young as a SFF reader at the moment to re-read even the best books.

I plan to read 99% of my fav writers works before i start re-reading. RZ is in that top 10-15 authors list as you can see in my Goodreads fav author list.

message 7: by Jim, Keeper of the Pattern (new)

Jim (JimMacLachlan) | 874 comments Any other nominations for the December reads? I don't know when Dan is going to close the polls. So far we have:

Jack of Shadows
This Immortal
My Name Is Legion

I just finished reading My Name Is Legion in Last Exit to Babylon - Volume 4 The Collected Stories of Roger Zelazny. It's 3 very good short stories.

message 8: by Dan, Jack of Shadows (new)

Dan Schwent  (akaGunslinger) | 53 comments The poll goes up on the 15th so everyone get your nominations in by then.

message 9: by Dan, Jack of Shadows (new)

Dan Schwent  (akaGunslinger) | 53 comments The polls are open! Everyone should have a message in their email box.

message 10: by Jim, Keeper of the Pattern (new)

Jim (JimMacLachlan) | 874 comments ... and the race is on!

Jack of Shadows takes a big lead out there, breaking away from the rest of the field with 8 votes.

My Name Is Legion is following with just 4, while This Immortal trails the field with only 3 votes.

We have 15 votes out of 56 members. Let's make this a race to remember. Vote early & often, folks!

(The preceding was a public service announcement.
Views expressed here may not be those of anyone else.
Your mileage may vary.)

message 11: by Jim, Keeper of the Pattern (new)

Jim (JimMacLachlan) | 874 comments When do the polls close, Dan?

message 12: by Dan, Jack of Shadows (new)

Dan Schwent  (akaGunslinger) | 53 comments Jim wrote: "When do the polls close, Dan?"

The polls close on the 22nd. So if you haven't voted yet, get down to the polls and vote for My Name is Legion as fast as you can!

message 13: by Dan, Jack of Shadows (new)

Dan Schwent  (akaGunslinger) | 53 comments We have a winner. December's group read will be Jack of Shadows.

message 14: by Jim, Keeper of the Pattern (new)

Jim (JimMacLachlan) | 874 comments Alright! I just finished "Changeling" so that's good timing.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

My Name is Legion (other topics)
Last Exit to Babylon (other topics)
This Immortal (other topics)
Jack of Shadows (other topics)
More...