Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

Introductions > Introduce Yourself!

Comments (showing 4,051-4,100 of 5,996) (5996 new)    post a comment »

message 4051: by SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (new)

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (WingsofFreedom) | 4234 comments hehe ur welcome :)

message 4052: by Ethan (new)

Ethan (TheTwelfthDoctor) | 3652 comments hey, my name is ethan, and i love to read and write. you guys should check out my book newtown in the creative writing area. i would say that my favorite book is... none, because i like so many.

message 4053: by Ennie (new)

Ennie Everdeen | 2 comments Hey guyss, my name's Ennie and I'm from Singapore. I love books and there's no day in my life when I didn't read.

message 4054: by Laibah (new)

Laibah Ash | 14 comments hi!!! :D my names Laibah ( La-EE-Bah) i'm 14 and from canada and i LOVE reading. My favourite genre's would be dystopian, second world fantasy, paranormal, and thriller.....with a bit of romance :P

message 4055: by SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (new)

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (WingsofFreedom) | 4234 comments Welcome Ethan, Ennie and Laibah! :)

message 4056: by Peyton (new)

Peyton Anderson €mily☻♫♥ wrote: "Hi Peyton, Zach and Jaymee!
I love reading too!"

Thanks for welcoming me! :)

message 4057: by Peyton (new)

Peyton Anderson Welcome Laibah! :)

message 4058: by Ethan (new)

Ethan (TheTwelfthDoctor) | 3652 comments Jadie!!!!!! wrote: "Welcome Ethan, Ennie and Laibah! :)"

thanks for welcoming me!

message 4059: by SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (new)

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (WingsofFreedom) | 4234 comments You're welcome! No Problem-o :D

message 4060: by Miette (new)

Miette (Miette75) | 2 comments Hello! My name is Miette. I love books, and I've been reading since I was four. I'm also a writer, and I hope to publish a book someday. I have too many favorite books to list, but a few of them are:
Kiki Strike (1 and 2)
Gilda Joyce (all 5 of them)
The Golden Compass
Alanna, the Song Of The Lioness #1

I love music, films, and food as well, so I'm always busy :)

message 4061: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (caroline312) | 2 comments Hi! My name is Avery. I live in Belgium and have three very cute ferrets. I love reading; favorites include Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Starcrossed by Jospehine Angelini, Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr, Divergent by Veronica Roth and Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. Guess I have a weakness for YA with a fantasy twist.

message 4062: by SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (new)

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (WingsofFreedom) | 4234 comments Welcome Miette and Avery!!

message 4063: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (LuV2ReEaDbOoKwOrM) | 9 comments Hey! I'm Alex(short for Alexandra). I LOVE to read! I'm 16 and from the US.

message 4064: by SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (new)

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (WingsofFreedom) | 4234 comments Hey Liza! Alex!!

message 4065: by Harmony (new)

Harmony  (harmonymalli) | 2 comments Hi :) I am Harman .
I read 24/7 .
My middle name is crow :) . LOL.
I have so many favorite books I can't even name them right now .

message 4066: by Emily (new)

Emily (fh4eva) | 3 comments Hi i am Emily. I am entering 11th grade in the fall. I love reading about dark topics like death and mental illness. My favorite author is Ellen Hopkins. Err....i hope to find some good book recommendations here. :)

message 4067: by Ehlihr (new)

Ehlihr (find me on tumblr!!) (Elihaha) | 9 comments Hi! I’m Elisar, and I love to read and write. I joined this group cause I really wanted to see what others are reading. I always have trouble finding a book I really enjoy on my own. Reading is what I LOVE to do. I spend most of my time reading after doing homework because I find it somewhat… I don’t know, relaxing? I’m going into the seventh grade, and I’m flipping excited. :D

message 4068: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, I'm Madeline from the US. I'm 13 and I really enjoy reading (and writing) in my free time. I read mostly YA fiction and some Adult. I enjoy going to the library (at least once a week). And I guess thats about it!

message 4069: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi everyone!

I just joined this group and wanted to introduce myself. I am a total bookaholic and I’m also a published author. And I read about 3 books a month. Also, I love discovering new writers! I look forward to discussing my love of literature with all of you.

Happy reading,
Beautifully Broken

message 4070: by £mily (new)

£mily (3mily991) | 1107 comments Hi Lisa, Elisar, Madeline and Sherry!

message 4071: by D.R. (new)

D.R. (drmar120) | 8 comments I've been reading kids' books since I was a kid, and that was a while ago. The fact is, I got tired of a lot of the adult books I was plowing through. In kids' books storytelling and character are most important--not literary style and affectation. And that's why I enjoy reading them and more lately writing them. Well, anyway, one so far. Just started the sequel. Favorite kids/YA book read recently? Ship Breaker. Not a nice future world, but wonderfully written.

message 4072: by Claire (new)

Claire Datnow (goodreadscomclaire) | 8 comments I agree that some of the best books written for YA are just as appealing to adults. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak, is an excellent example. Another good example is Wonder by rj palacio. One of the best compliments I received said that my eco mystery series, The Adventures of The Sizzling Six, appealed to adults as well as younger readers. I have made a list books that both adults and teens enjoy. Would anyone like this list? Just let me know.

message 4073: by Kim (new)

Kim | 31 comments bonjour! i'm Kim, 17 in the 12th grade. from the united states....and I love reading!

message 4074: by Cassy (new)

Cassy (Athena1259) | 2 comments Hi I'm Cassy. I'm 13 (8th grade) I'm from the US (Texas). I LOOOOOVVVVEEEE reading and writing to. Ohh yeah and listening to music. :)

message 4075: by Cassy (new)

Cassy (Athena1259) | 2 comments Ohh and some of my favorite series are the House of Night series by Kristen and P.C Cast, Night world series by L.J Smith, Touch series by Laurie Faria Stolarz, Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and the twilight series by Stephanine Meyers. And a whole lot more.

message 4076: by Rachael (new)

Rachael foley Hello people. My name is Rachael, you can call me Rach. Hannah invited me, thank you, Hannah. Sorry if I dont respond a lot, I'm sort of lazy......ok really lazy. I'm twelve, my birthday is on the 6th of october, so I am almost thirteen. I plan on being an author. I hope we get along!(I get along with pretty much anybody unless I think that they don't like me, or are a mean wspirited person.)

message 4077: by Rachael (new)

Rachael foley oh, and a sorry in advance. I'm really pessimistic, and sorta crazy. It can be a perfect-and horrifying-mix.

message 4078: by Cassie (new)

Cassie  (CassieVylon) | 265 comments Rachael wrote: "oh, and a sorry in advance. I'm really pessimistic, and sorta crazy. It can be a perfect-and horrifying-mix."

Are you twelve year old me or something? <3 I was like that when I was younger. Still am, and I'm nearly 17. c: Welcome Rach!

message 4079: by SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (new)

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (WingsofFreedom) | 4234 comments Hey-a all you new group members!!

message 4080: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina | 62 comments Hey I'm Tabitha. I'm super excited that my reading schedule has opened up because I finished my big project for school! More time to read is always a cause for celebration :)

message 4081: by Ally (new)

Ally (ofpaperandwords) Hi! I'm Alison. I am 13 years old and in 8th grade. I'm from California.

message 4082: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (Melanie3) | 3 comments Hey everyone! I'm Melanie, 11th grader, and turning 16 soon. (: I Love to read! I am actually taking a Paranormal and Young Adult Literature class at my school, and 80% of the time, we are reading! It's amazing! Check out my page to see all the books I've read for recommendations!

message 4083: by J.Y. (new)

J.Y. | 5 comments Jena here. I enjoy good books for readers over the age of 11 or so. I'm a grown adult, but some of my favorite books are still books I read when I was much younger.

message 4084: by Miss Clark (new)

Miss Clark (miss_clark) | 1 comments Miss A. Clark. Over 18 from the New World. Greetings and salutations!

message 4085: by Elevetha (new)

Elevetha  | 11243 comments Miss Clark wrote: "Miss A. Clark. Over 18 from the New World. Greetings and salutations!"

Why, Miss Clark! Helloooooooo, dear!

message 4086: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 3 comments Hi! I am Rachel and I love to read. I have always liked it and I don't understand why so many people don't like reading. I am in 7th grade and I am 12 years old.

message 4087: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine andrade (lilywater29642) | 3 comments hi my name is jasmine I am 13 year old and love to read ya books all the time

message 4088: by Irene (new)

Irene | 7443 comments Welcome all!

message 4089: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Harrison (morganharrison) | 7 comments hi my name is morgan and i am 14 years old. i love to read books.

message 4090: by Maddie (new)

Maddie S (maddieseb) | 2 comments Hi I'm a seventh grader I love to read fantasy.

message 4091: by Ella (new)

Ella | 1 comments Hi, I'm Ella. I'm 14 and I love YA :)

message 4092: by Aerin (new)

Aerin (SimplyAerin) | 4 comments Hi, I'm Aerin and I'm in 6th grade. I'm from Maryland, USA and I'm probably one of the biggest Hunger Games fans of all time.

message 4093: by Ethan (new)

Ethan (TheTwelfthDoctor) | 3652 comments Hi Maddie, Morgan, Ella, and Aerin. Hope you enjoy the group, My name is Ethan, and you will see me around the games a lot.

message 4094: by Helaine (new)

Helaine Becker (httpwwwgoodreadscomBecker) | 1 comments Hi, I'm Helaine Becker and the author of about 50 books for kids and teens. Looking forward to being part of the group!

message 4095: by Mansi (new)

Mansi (MansiKamble) Hey all, I'm Namis! I'm 18 and from Australia ... still a child at heart.

message 4096: by Tanjlisa (new)

Tanjlisa Marie (TanjlisaMarie) Hello everyone! My name is Tanjlisa Marie. I am from the Chicagoland area in the US. I love to read, as all of you, I'm sure. I look forward to getting an insight in what the YA crowd likes and dislikes.

message 4097: by Jacinta (new)

Jacinta Maree | 3 comments Gosh I am an oldie ha ha ha, XP - anyway, I'm Jacinta and author of My Demonic Ghost - Young Adult paranormal. Umm, guess I'm really interested in seeing what everyone is reading and what's going on in the YA/ teen world.
I can't believe how many Australians are here! I'm from Australia too! Though I'm Melbourne.

message 4098: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Jocks | 19 comments Hi, my name is Hannah! Hannah Jocks!
I live in the united states
I love to read and write
Im not a fan of tv
I adore all animal except bugs :P
I have a youtube channel, i cant put a link but if you want to take a look at my channel type in Hannah Jocks and my channel should pull up! Thanks(:

message 4099: by P.J. (new)

P.J. Young (PJYoung) | 3 comments Hello. My name is Polly and I'm a Brit - and the owner of the sweetest chocolate Lab EVER. I'm also the author of To Be Honest - a YA book that deals with friendship, relationships at school (with kids and teachers) and other issues, such as bullying, lying and eating disorders. It's a fun, paranormal romance too and is about 15 yr old Lisi Reynolds who likes to fib. Just little ones. What’s wrong with that? Everyone lies, don’t they?

But with her best friend Josh’s traumatic love life, a shopping-addicted mother and Chad Swanning oblivious to her existence, how else is Lisi supposed to survive, if not with a little truth-stretching?

When a rare mammatus cloud to Shakespeare's Globe puts Lisi in her delectable English teacher Miss Mint’s shoes, living the ultimate lie proves irresistible.

There’s just one catch: Miss Mint wants her life back.

And she won’t get it until Lisi starts telling the truth.

But with a cool house, hunky fiancé and the chance to confront bully Alicia and win Chad's heart, why would Lisi give it all up, to be honest?

I hope you might be interested in reading To Be Honest - if you'd like to receive a copy let me know.

message 4100: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (BrittyJC) | 1236 comments Hi Polly, it's pretty cool to have a published author, hope you have fun!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Secret Hour (other topics)
How to Take the Ex Out of Ex-Boyfriend (other topics)
Odd Thomas (other topics)
The History of King Lear, a Tragedy. by William Shakespear. Revived, with Alterations, by N. Tate, Esq; As It Is Now Acted at the Theatres Royal, in Drury-Lane and Covent-Garden. (other topics)
How to Say Goodbye in Robot (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jaime Buckley (other topics)
Pepper Thorn (other topics)
Lia Habel (other topics)
Catherine Fisher (other topics)
Alexandra Adornetto (other topics)