Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

Introductions > Introduce Yourself!

Comments (showing 101-150 of 5,975) (5975 new)    post a comment »

Logan Lerman & PJO•••Percy, Jace,Edward (PercyJackson_and_LoganLerman) | 243 comments Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "Kacey, thanks for the examples!

And welcome to the group, Shelby!

French is fun, although I'm not a fan of the nasals. It's still a nice language, though. It has a very nice flow."

yeah its REALLY hard to pronounce sometimes... I'm not good at it AT ALL

Amelia*annabeth&percy*sittin in a tree* wrote: "...
showoff! "

:P teehee

message 102: by chandloski (new)

chandloski | 777 comments Does anybody want the link?

message 103: by Kacey Rai (new)

Kacey Rai | 131 comments Hello Shelby! Enchante, J'ai quinze ans, j'aime lire et dormir aussi.

message 104: by Girija (new)

Girija OMG... welll im not sure i reeaally want the script... it might make me not want to go to the movie and so far i reaalyy want to go!! aaacckk its a hard decision...

Hi Shelby! (I actually didn't know that was your name, not to sound creeeper-like or anything):D

Geneva * YukiAoi :3* (ggpet) Hi Shelby ^o^
Zomg I could actually understand that and I'm like failing French XD

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments Chandloski...knows where the wild things are wrote: "Hi Shelby!

Oh my Gods you guys, the Percy Jackson script is online. You want me to post the link?"

YEESSSS!!!

message 107: by chandloski (last edited Nov 11, 2009 12:14PM) (new)

chandloski | 777 comments Okay. It's only until they start playing capture the flag. Here it be:

http://community.livejournal.com/cabi...

I will also post it in the PJ topic. So we can discuss it over there.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments Thank you!

Logan Lerman & PJO•••Percy, Jace,Edward (PercyJackson_and_LoganLerman) | 243 comments Chandloski...knows where the wild things are wrote: "Hi Shelby!

Oh my Gods you guys, the Percy Jackson script is online. You want me to post the link?"

Oh sorry I didn't see that you asked me if I wanted the link

Kacey Rai wrote: "Hello Shelby! Enchante, J'ai quinze ans, j'aime lire et dormir aussi. "
Hyper Cool!

Amelia, the pragmatic idealist (aeimaginer12) they've got the script? how is that not illegal?!?! those things are supposed to be HEAVILY guarded...
i bet this is like a 1st or 2nd draft.

message 111: by Baxter (new)

Baxter (julietrocksmysocks) | 383 comments Eh, scripts get leaked early all the time.

ALL THE TIME.

Amelia, the pragmatic idealist (aeimaginer12) but my question was...isnt that ILLEGAL

message 113: by chandloski (new)

chandloski | 777 comments I really don't think it is illegal. This part of the script was posted on a French site MONTHS ago and people were talking about it all over the 'net. I'm sure Fox would have taken it down by now, but it is still there. And since this isn't the ENTIRE script (it probably is only about 15/20 minutes of a two hour movie) I'm sure it poses less of a threat.

And we wouldn't get in trouble anyway because it's not like I was the one to leak it.

message 114: by Baxter (new)

Baxter (julietrocksmysocks) | 383 comments Amelia*annabeth&percy*sittin in a tree* wrote: "but my question was...isnt that ILLEGAL "

I'm not sure. If it is illegal, it isn't something that people get in trouble for.

Logan Lerman & PJO•••Percy, Jace,Edward (PercyJackson_and_LoganLerman) | 243 comments Amelia*annabeth&percy*sittin in a tree* wrote: "they've got the script? how is that not illegal?!?! those things are supposed to be HEAVILY guarded...
i bet this is like a 1st or 2nd draft. "

thats what i was thinking
its probably just a draft

AND i read it and it BETTER NOT BE THE REAL SCRIPT.
otherwise the scriptwriters MAY find some crazy fangirl in their houses at night....

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments Whether it's legal or not depends on who posted the French script, and whether or not they had permission to post it. If the person who posted it didn't have direct permission from the author, then it is illegal.

But, like Chandloski said, the first 20 minutes of the script isn't really going to hurt them financially, and it would cost them money to prosecute any copyright infringements, so they would just find it easier to ignore it.

message 117: by chandloski (new)

chandloski | 777 comments :D

Unfortunately, I don't think this is a draft. I think it is the actual script. And I would gladly go with anybody who wants to storm ghe writers house. It is just so....wrong. First, they tick me off by casting that WOMAN as Annabeth. Now, this piece ov shiz script.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments I wonder what would happen if all of us angry fans formed an angry mob outside the homes of the people who worked on it...

Logan Lerman & PJO•••Percy, Jace,Edward (PercyJackson_and_LoganLerman) | 243 comments Hehehe we should make a plan.
Okay, so all of us get together at the house and slowly sneak in one by one...

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments Would everyone upset by this fit into their house, though?

Amelia, the pragmatic idealist (aeimaginer12) lol, im not saying you'd get in trouble, chandler :DD
it's like one of many "laws" that like are impossible to enforce. i just feel bad for the production companies and distributors. if i was a part of the production team, id want things guarded. poor hollyweird!

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments It's like it being illegal to burn a copy of a song for a friend. No one would ever know.

Amelia, the pragmatic idealist (aeimaginer12) yeah, but still...lol i like rules. im hardcore like dat ;]

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments I find some rules quite funny, especially the completely uninforcable ones. And the ridiculous ones.

message 125: by Girija (new)

Girija i've totally burned copies of songs for my friends, hehe even from library cd's and stuff :P

OMG i will join you in the mob, although i didnt read the script im too scared too, i literally opened it and then before reading anything said NOOO to myself while closing my eyes and closing the internet :D i will save the predicted horribleness for the movie theatre...

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments I download library CD's ALL THE TIME! *hides from cops*

Amelia, the pragmatic idealist (aeimaginer12) i use limewire 8D heehee

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments I've never used limewire, but I've gotten other things...

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments *shhh!*

message 131: by Baxter (new)

Baxter (julietrocksmysocks) | 383 comments Limewire is all kinds of suck. Virus's off the wazoo.

Amelia, the pragmatic idealist (aeimaginer12) it's all i know, though :D id love to use something different, but i dont know

message 133: by Baxter (new)

Baxter (julietrocksmysocks) | 383 comments I use the best tool there is: Google.

And if on the odd chance I can't find what I'm looking for (which never happens), I use Soulseek. That's all you need to get just about every song ever made.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments Soulseek...never heard of it. I usually just trade cast albums, audios, and videos.

Amelia, the pragmatic idealist (aeimaginer12) hmmm i illegally copy them :D

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments What happens if a random legal authority comes by and reads all of our little confessions?... o_O

message 137: by Baxter (new)

Baxter (julietrocksmysocks) | 383 comments They'll tell somebody about our evil deeds, and that person will in turn send a polite but firm letter telling us to please stop breaking the law because it isn't such a nice thing to do.

If he ever gets to writing the letters that is.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments Ha ha, so what's Soulseek?

message 139: by Baxter (new)

Baxter (julietrocksmysocks) | 383 comments Soulseek is what would happen if somebody took Limewire and teared out everything that sucks about it. Plus it has just about every song ever.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments I'll check it out.

Amelia, the pragmatic idealist (aeimaginer12) can you download them or do you have to pay $$$ like stupidstinkinggoodfornothing itunes?

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments Amelia*annabeth&percy*sittin in a tree* wrote: "can you download them or do you have to pay $$$ like stupidstinkinggoodfornothing itunes? "

Itunes isn't all bad. I've gotten some good deals there. (The 2004 Complete Vienna Recording of Elisabeth for $20 or $25, when I would usually have to pay over $40 when you count in the massive shipping costs from soundofmusic).

Amelia, the pragmatic idealist (aeimaginer12) yeah well, i guess so. im just mad because they dont have the soundtrack for An American Tail!!!!

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments They don't have a lot of the things I want. I just get really happy whenever I find something in German there, since most American people aren't obssessed with German musicals. XD

Amelia, the pragmatic idealist (aeimaginer12) aye, lass!! im scottish!! and belgian and swedish and italian!! i want to marry an astralian or a new zealander!! their accents are the best!

Amelia, the pragmatic idealist (aeimaginer12) ohhh i commented on the wrong board!!! EMBARASSING!!!!

oh well you know what i was talking about by bonny irish lass :P

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments I want to marry a Hungarian.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments Amelia*annabeth&percy*sittin in a tree* wrote: "ohhh i commented on the wrong board!!! EMBARASSING!!!!

oh well you know what i was talking about by bonny irish lass :P"

I knew what you were talking about. XD

message 149: by [deleted user] (new)

Ummm heys people, Im Mahalia or Marli for short. I live in Australia and I love reading!!!!!

Amelia, the pragmatic idealist (aeimaginer12) where in australia?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Secret Hour (other topics)
How to Take the Ex Out of Ex-Boyfriend (other topics)
Odd Thomas (other topics)
The History of King Lear, a Tragedy. by William Shakespear. Revived, with Alterations, by N. Tate, Esq; As It Is Now Acted at the Theatres Royal, in D (other topics)
How to Say Goodbye in Robot (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jaime Buckley (other topics)
Pepper Thorn (other topics)
Lia Habel (other topics)
Catherine Fisher (other topics)
Alexandra Adornetto (other topics)
More...