Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

Chit Chat - Getting to Know You > What are you currently reading?[November]

Comments (showing 51-70 of 70) (70 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 2 next »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 51: by The Holy Terror (new)

The Holy Terror (theholyterror) Jan wrote: "Damn girl. You have way more patience than me. I probably won't be able to read anything else till I finish all 4. LOL"

Oh believe me it's tough. I did that with Georgina's books, I only read one a month, and I'm still upset that I've got nothing left to read in that series. Thankfully, I've got all kinds of other books to keep me distracted.

message 52: by MK (Food actvist), Co-Lead (new)

MK (Food actvist) (Daalmonette) | 902 comments Mod
Started another swappable, and still reading a couple more. Enjoying all!

Starting:
Burning Alive (Sentinel Wars, #1) by Shannon K. Butcher

Currently reading:
Caressed By Ice (Psy-Changeling, #3) by Nalini Singh Patient Zero  A Joe Ledger Novel by Jonathan Maberry

message 53: by The Holy Terror (new)

The Holy Terror (theholyterror) Kenjii wrote: "Starting:
Burning Alive (Sentinel Wars, #1) by Shannon K. Butcher"

Ooh, that's on my list for books to read this month too. It seems people have mixed feelings about it but I'm excited to find out for myself how it is.

message 54: by MK (Food actvist), Co-Lead (new)

So far I am like how Shannon K. Butcher has created the world. Her visuals are great. The characters and plot are formulaic.

*** tiny spoiler*** Human woman turns out to be long lost woman of his kind/mate.

Depending on the ending [strength of other characters:] I might continue the series to see what happens.

message 55: by Valorie (new)

Valorie I just started Coyote Dreams (Walker Papers, #3) by C.E. Murphy

Sarah ~Sehrenity~ | 276 comments I'm reading Glass Houses by Rachel Caine, and I really like it so far.

message 57: by Paula (new)

Paula (pauldajo) I finished listening to Shakespeare's Landlord by Charlaine Harris. I probably
wouldn't have read the book, but listening to it is entirerly different. I continue reading the The Gargoyle. I thought it was another UF book about a gargoyle. Nope, a bit more complicated than that.

message 58: by Valorie (new)

Valorie I'm now reading Eve of Darkness (Marked, Book 1) by S.J. Day

message 59: by MK (Food actvist), Co-Lead (new)

Had to set aside my buddy read for now. I started another swappable: Sword of Darkness. Seems like I'll be exposed to yet another theme I have yet to immerse myself in. Celtic lore.

message 60: by Paula (new)

Paula (pauldajo) Finished The Gargoyle. It started off shaky, but turned out to be a great book. Finished Doubleblind by Ann Aguirre and am beginning On the Edge by Ilona Andrews.

message 61: by Valorie (new)

Valorie I finished Eve of Darkness (Marked, Book 1) by S.J. Day by S.J. Day and loved it!! Her take on the Cain & Abel story was fantastic!! Great plot and spectacular writing! Two hot brothers fighting over one woman, can't beat it! I can't wait to jump into the next book in the series (I have to wait until next month, it's in one of my challenges).

message 62: by Valorie (new)

Valorie I just finished [image error] and could not put it down! A great fast paced plot with a steamy romance that kept me giggling through the whole story! Highly recommend it! I think I'm going to move on to either Undying (Clare Point, #2) by V.K. Forrest or [image error]

message 63: by MK (Food actvist), Co-Lead (new)

Over Thanksgiving, while at my sister's house I only had my e-books so I read and finished Hell and Faith [2 books:] BY Jet Mykles. LOVED them!

Now I'll have to get back to my swaps and Library reading.

message 64: by The Holy Terror (new)

The Holy Terror (theholyterror) I haven't been reading a lot the last week because of school and spending time with family ... but I'm in between these books right now, in order of how interested I am in them:

On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews [image error] [image error] Real Murders (Aurora Teagarden Mystery, #1) by Charlaine Harris

On the Edge is the most intriguing so far, I honestly like it better than Magic Bites already.

Under the Dome is my first Stephen King book, surprisingly enough. When I read what this book was about I couldn't get it out of my head. I just have to know what's going on. The deaths are gruesome and sad but it's gotten to the point where I'm almost complete desensitized to it.

Pirate Latitudes reminded me of False Colors at first and I was afraid to keep going. But I decided to read it on my breaks at work and I was pleasantly surprised. It caught my interest and I'm upset I had to leave it at work! So I won't be able to continue reading it until Tuesday.

Real Murders is really showing its age and I got a little bored with it at first. The good thing is, it's a very fast read so if I tried I could finish it in a few hours.

message 65: by ♦Jennifer♦ (new)

♦Jennifer♦ (thejenneral) | 83 comments starting the second in the Morgan Kingsly series, The Devil you know.

The Devil You Know (Morgan Kingsley, #2) by Jenna Black

message 66: by The Holy Terror (new)

The Holy Terror (theholyterror) Jennifer wrote: "starting the second in the Morgan Kingsly series, The Devil you know.

The Devil You Know (Morgan Kingsley, #2) by Jenna Black"

That was my favorite of the series so far.

message 67: by ♦Jennifer♦ (new)

♦Jennifer♦ (thejenneral) | 83 comments Shannon wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "starting the second in the Morgan Kingsly series, The Devil you know.

The Devil You Know (Morgan Kingsley, #2) by Jenna Black"

That was my favorite of the series so far."

I'm only about thirty pages in, but so far its pretty good =)

message 68: by Valorie (new)

Valorie I am currently reading The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld,  #2) by Gena Showalter

message 69: by MK (Food actvist), Co-Lead (new)

Finished free short:
First Taste Naughty Nooners

My first f/f romance. Surprisingly. I really liked it! The author did really well with such a short amount of pages.

Going to start another short. Not in the mood for my Library reading right now.

message 70: by Amanda (last edited Nov 29, 2009 06:43PM) (new)

Amanda Riga (aeriga) | 45 comments I just started Happy Hour of the Damned (Amanda Feral, #1) by Mark Henry and so far it seems ok but I'm only on chapter two. It's a bit too girly for me but I'll keep going for a bit

« previous 1 2 next »

Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Magic Bites (other topics)
Storm Born (other topics)
The Vampire Lestat (other topics)
Grave Secret (other topics)
Hunters: The Beginning (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Megan Hart (other topics)