Tale of the Murda Mamas (The Cartel, #2) Tale of the Murda Mamas discussion

Plagiarism

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Summer I read The Cartel and today I read The Cartel 2 and it was disappointing !!! I read the book The Sonny Haqq Story by BST Publishing Company and all three books were exactly the same! So, I am confused who stole what?? Why does the book The Sonny Haqq Story have some chicks called The Wolf Pack chicks somebody better get it together!!

Summer I think you should check out The Sonny Haqq Story and tell you me what you think. By BST Publishing Company

Summer Then we will all be the judge!

message 4: by Eva (new)

Eva Leger Which one was published first? That might not mean anything but it could be a clue as to which may have been written first.
Is The Wolf Pack chicks the only thing that was the same? Or was it more than that? I haven't read it yet - I'm waiting for the third and I'm going to read them all together.

message 5: by Aisha (new) - added it

Aisha The Cartel was published first Jan 2009, The Sonny Haqq story wasn't published until Sept 2009.

message 6: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Yes that may be so "The Cartel" was published first after it was sent for a review to a certain publisher in hope to be published by the real Author. The title was in fact stolen to. The Actual title to "The Sonny Haqq Story" is "The Cartel". The Original Author had to change the title then have it published later. But his origanal is older then the stolen published one! The title, plot, and even some characters were left in tact. read them both there is more in comman then the wolf pack. You see a lot of the readers don't know that authors send manuscripts around to different publishers hoping to get there books published and when that author saw his book with the title "The Cartel" he was in fact devistated. I know because I was there.

message 7: by Valerie (last edited Jun 14, 2012 05:35AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Valerie Summer wrote: "I read The Cartel and today I read The Cartel 2 and it was disappointing !!! I read the book The Sonny Haqq Story by BST Publishing Company and all three books were exactly the same! So, I am confu..."

Wow. That bites about possible plagiarism. But I have to disagree about The Cartel 2 being disappointing. I loved the entire series and I can't wait for the next chapter.

Buck Joseph wrote: "Yes that may be so "The Cartel" was published first after it was sent for a review to a certain publisher in hope to be published by the real Author. The title was in fact stolen to. The Actual tit..."

WOW

Buck I've seen that happen before with Joy Deja King & Michelle Monay with Mafia Princess..So my question is who own the rights to this book.

I'kia Good question Buck!!!!

Dyisha Allen The authors of The Cartel series has made other great books besides this series to actually think they need to steal somebodies else idea.

Trixie In the book game it is no different -things are stolen
and changed around. We the reader have to remember what we read, and bring them to the light.

Antoinette Valerie wrote: "Summer wrote: "I read The Cartel and today I read The Cartel 2 and it was disappointing !!! I read the book The Sonny Haqq Story by BST Publishing Company and all three books were exactly the same!..."

Wow! Sounds like someone was copying someones story. Someone may end up in court in a law suit. That is bad to steal someones book and ideas. Whoever is lying the truth will come out.

message 14: by Jamaicaatl99 (new)

Jamaicaatl99 I read the sonny haqq story. The author should have done some more research on Jamaica before he wrote this book

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Tale of the Murda Mamas (other topics)