The Next Best Book Club discussion

Looking For Recommendations > Any funny/interesting books about pregnancy?

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 21 comments I'm currently reading "Diary of a mad mom-to-be" a funny book about a woman on her pregnancy journey or whatever you want to call it and I love it! I'm getting married next year and we plan to try to have a baby right afterwards so I really want to read a bunch of books like this so I know what to expect and just because I can't wait!! Any suggestions would be awesome, thanks!

message 2: by Jensownzoo (last edited Oct 27, 2009 08:54PM) (new)

Jensownzoo | 338 comments I read Anne Lamott's Operating Instructions A Journal of My Son's First Year and found it to be a pretty good read. Not particularly funny, but definitely an honest look at the experience.

Expecting Adam A True Story of Birth, Rebirth, and Everyday Magic was really good too, but not funny either.

message 3: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (TNBBC) | 9338 comments Mod
Babyhood
Belly Laughs The Naked Truth About Pregnancy and Childbirth

I havent read Jenny McCarthy's, tho I heard it was quite humorous. Paul Riesers book- Babyhood - Absolutely HILARIOUS!!!

message 4: by Hayes (last edited Oct 28, 2009 04:57AM) (new)

Hayes (Hayes13) Haven't seen the book, so I don't know how irreverent it is, but the title is great:

What to Expect When You're Expected A Fetus's Guide to the First Three Trimesters

message 5: by Angie (new)

Angie crosby (SierraMae) | 32 comments I thought Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy was funny.

message 6: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 265 comments I thought Dave Barry's: Babies and Other Hazards of Sex was hilarious, someone gave it to me as a gift after my son was born and it made me laugh out loud.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 21 comments I've read lots more hilarious and informative books on this subject by now so if anyone can think of any others that would be very helpful. If you are interested and want to know my suggestions as well don't be afraid to ask. Thanks!

message 8: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Cummiskey | 1 comments I am an author. I recently wrote the book "You Know You Are Pregnant When...". It's a funny book about what women go through. It's great to read aloud at baby showers or just to get a laugh. And it's all stuff that actually happens!! Hope you enjoy it. You can find it on amazon at: http://www.amazon.com/You-Know-Are-Pr...

message 9: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (Kalypso) | 102 comments Sarah wrote: "I've read lots more hilarious and informative books on this subject by now so if anyone can think of any others that would be very helpful. If you are interested and want to know my suggestions as ..."

What were some of your favorites?

message 10: by Kimzay (new)

Kimzay | 1 comments Stacy Quarty

Frankly pregnant was one of my favorites!

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 21 comments Oh wow, just realized other people posted after me....some a very long time ago. Sorry!! If you search my books read list you can find ones that I enjoyed

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Operating Instructions: A Journal of My Son's First Year (other topics)
Expecting Adam: A True Story of Birth, Rebirth, and Everyday Magic (other topics)
Belly Laughs: The Naked Truth About Pregnancy and Childbirth (other topics)
Babyhood (other topics)
What to Expect When You're Expected: A Fetus's Guide to the First Three Trimesters (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Stacy Quarty (other topics)