Nora Roberts Groupies discussion

Trilogies/Series > Bed of Roses (Bride Quartet #2)

Comments (showing 1-50 of 50) (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Isis FG (last edited Oct 26, 2009 08:13AM) (new)

Isis FG (isisfg) | 290 comments Mod
Nora Roberts - Bed of Roses (Bride Quartet #2)
Bed of Roses (Bride Quartet #2) by Nora Roberts

Florist Emma Grant is finding career success with her friends at Vows wedding planning company, and her love life appears to be thriving. Though men swarm around her, she still hasn't found Mr. Right. And the last place she's looking is right under her nose...

But that's just where Jack Cooke is. He's so close to the women of Vows that he's practically family, but the architect has begun to admit to himself that his feelings for Emma have developed into much more than friendship. When Emma returns his passion-kiss for blistering kiss-they must trust in their history...and in their hearts.

((NOTE - this thread contains SPOILERS...if you want spoiler free discussion, use this thread.))

Amar | 134 comments Just got this book and am almost done with it...just as lovely/sweet/frothy a read as Vision in White...love Emma and Jack together...and the whole Vows world, can I just be part of the waitstaff, sweeper, limo drover?!

Karen Cox | 14 comments i can't wait to read this one. I just purchased it on my Kindle, I think I will start it tonight~!

I still haven't read Vision in White! I'm so behind...

Kerri Levine | 80 comments I stopped by Target yesterday and pick up this book. I'm already more than halfway through. I agree, Amar. It's a lovely, sweet story to read.

Kristi Davis (Kristibug) | 4 comments I finished it, I had such a happy sweet feeling after reading it. Reading Nora Roberts always makes me so happy.

Kristi Davis (Kristibug) | 4 comments I really can NOT wait for Laurel & Del's story next though!!! ARGH! The classic, I loved you forever... Can't wait.

Amar | 134 comments I know Cristi, May is soooo far away!! Also excited about what's brewing between Malcolm and Parker!

Kelly (kellywriter) | 24 comments I've ordered it and can't wait for it to come. I love comments like that made by Kristi! I love books that leave me with that happy feeling. I hope my books do that for my readers! :0)

Karen Cox | 14 comments Loved it! Cant wait for Laurel & Del's story and did you all pick up on Parker and Mal?? :)

Kristi Davis (Kristibug) | 4 comments Oh totally :) I think Parker & Mal's story will be great. I do love the unrequited love story though so I think watching Del get hit on the head by Laurel will be entertaining!

Amar | 134 comments Yep, picked up on Mal and Parker, that's going to be one hot hookup! can't wait!!

Kerri Levine | 80 comments Oh, yes, Mal and Parker was blatantly clear. Should be fun watching the previews during the third book. But, you see, I finished BOR last night. Now there's 6 months until Laurel and Del's story. I really think it well be the best yet, but that is 6 MONTHS. Now I have to find something else to read. Okay, a lot of something elses!

Amar | 134 comments Well, for me there is the new Linda Howard, Ice, to look forward to in November...then back to discovering new authors in romantic suspense...but Bed of Roses was such a sweet, romantic distraction!

Karen Cox | 14 comments I am with Kerri, it is so hard to wait 6 mos for the next one! I will most likely re-read both books before the next one comes out.

Sobia (SoBe1982) | 8 comments Kristi wrote: "I finished it, I had such a happy sweet feeling after reading it. Reading Nora Roberts always makes me so happy. "

I literally just finished it (supposed to be sleeping, but couldn't help myself -- I had to keep reading :p ), and this is exactly how I'm feeling! I can't seem to stop smiling! I loved the end, though I do wish there was a bit more!
I loved the hints of Parker and Mal and Laurel and Del! Can't wait to see their stories unfold!

I told myself not to read the except from L & D's story, but I couldn't help myself: It sounds so so good!

And a 2010 list of releases hasn't been posted on her site yet, but I'm crossing my fingers there will be another Nora Release (maybe a Romantic suspense title) sometimes before The next Bride book comes out to (try to) tide us over :)

Amar | 134 comments I have read Bed of Roses twice already! Going to reread Vision in White now..

Sobia, I'm sure Nora will have have a single title release next year, she usually does one every year, doesn't she?

Sobia (SoBe1982) | 8 comments I think she does, but I'm going through withdrawal and want something else to look forward to that isn't quite as far away as May!

I still have a few titles of hers that I haven't read yet, including some of the 'In Death' books, so I'll probably have to figure out where I put those :)

It looks like the next Hardcover romantic suspense will be The Search released in July 2010. And Savor the Moment, 3rd book in the Bride Quartet will come out at the end of April.

Amar | 134 comments Thanks for that info, Isis...end of April somehow doesn't sound quite as bad as May :-)

Kerri Levine | 80 comments You must be more patient than I am, Amar! April sound like eons away to me;) I've already finished my first reread for BOR, too. Time to find something new to read.

Amar | 134 comments Kerri, try rereading Vision in White, that's what I'm doing right now :-)

Kerri Levine | 80 comments Good idea, Amar, but I reread VIW two weekends ago, you know, in preparation for BOR! Yes, I was impatient. Loved VIW all over again, too. So, now I'll probably pick my way through BOR for a third time, then put the two away and find something else to read, or reread. Got to have something going. Can't just sit in front of the tv all night, right?

Jen (RevJen) (RevJen) | 12 comments I think I need to read BOR again. I was kind of disappointed because I don't think that Emma was as well developed characterwise as Mac was.

Jessica (Jess14141) | 6 comments I love this book... I love Jack and Emma together, as I've always loved Emma's character. Jack is adorable, and I can't wait for the third one. Del and Laurel are next!!!

Amar | 134 comments Jen, I just reread VIW so I do see what you mean by Emma's character not being as well developed as Mac...but I think that may be cause Mac had more drama in her life...but I think Emma and Jack's love story was soooo sweet it made up for it.

Jen (RevJen) (RevJen) | 12 comments I guess I was expecting more of a struggle as they fell in love.

Kerri Levine | 80 comments Jen (RevJen) wrote: "I guess I was expecting more of a struggle as they fell in love. "
I see what you mean, Jen. We watched Mac and Carter struggle through her nerves regarding a relationship, but with Emma and Jack, it was more like a little simmering, then one big blowup, then they kissed and made up. Well, not exactly, but close enough.

Jessica | 41 comments I want to read this book! I really liked the first one:)

Sherry (wstridgerunner) I really like Bed of Roses; better than Vision in White; I like NR's romances, but I'm a fan of her suspense more. Even though this is a definite romance, I still enjoyed it very much!

Jessica | 41 comments Same here I LOVE her in death series(: But I still love her romances(:

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) I loved BOR!!! I think this should have been book one, followd by VIW, because I feel like all the players were more fleshed out and interesting here. In VIW, I didn't really have a sense of liking any of the women becuase we dont' get much infon them, save Mac.

Jack and Emma were perfect! I can't wait to read #3. 6 months. :(

Vanessa (Vanessamc) | 58 comments Jen (RevJen) wrote: "I think I need to read BOR again. I was kind of disappointed because I don't think that Emma was as well developed characterwise as Mac was."

Yes, I have to agree. Maybe it's because I listened to the audio book and the reader wasn't so hot. In fact, I had to stop after Disc 6. I adore Nora Roberts and although not a great romance genre fan, her books are so well written that I have read almost every one. I enjoyed the first one so much more. Perhaps it is because Mac and Parker were more interesting. Maybe I will try and read the book version and see if I like it better.

Jess | 54 comments I really liked this book!! Actually I think I liked it more than the first one.. but what I'm really excited about is Parker and Mal's book. As soon as he entered the book I was practically panting!!

Too bad it's going to be the last book. It's too long to wait for the next one.

Del is going to drag his feet the whole book I bet.

Amar | 134 comments Omg, jess, I felt the same way about Mal ...hubba, hubba! I love that the sparks are already flying between home and Parker...I loved his commet when Parker was playing soccer..."well, well, well"!!

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) I can't wait to learn more bout Mal, too. He gives off the 'sexy in a biker kind of way' vibe.

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) Jess wrote: "I really liked this book!! Actually I think I liked it more than the first one.. but what I'm really excited about is Parker and Mal's book. As soon as he entered the book I was practically panting..."

I think Del will be thick headed too. He's on my least favorite types of heroes. the white collar, oblivious-to-everything-but-work, type.

Kerri Levine | 80 comments Kim, I'm afraid you will be right about Del. He already reminds me of Josh, form the Dream trilogy. (Not my favorite hero of that series) The family prince/boss of everybody type. But, maybe I will be wrong about that!

Amar | 134 comments Awww ladies, I loved Josh and so far, I like Del, although I wasn't crazy about his reaction to Jack and Emma...but I love the big-brother-protective type...can't wait to see how he will come out of that mold to be with Laurel!

Jess | 54 comments Amar wrote: "Omg, jess, I felt the same way about Mal ...hubba, hubba! I love that the sparks are already flying between home and Parker...I loved his commet when Parker was playing soccer..."well, well, well"!!"

I agree, that book is going to be filled with innuendos and hottness :)

Amar | 134 comments I really need to read a new Nora book, wish April 27th would hurry up and get here already!

Kerri Levine | 80 comments Less than three months to go. Why, when it comes to NR books, do months feel like years?

Amar | 134 comments Yesssss they do! And then because you've been waiting so long, that book better be goooood! :-)

Sherry (wstridgerunner) I can't wait either and I have a habit of getting all the previous books in a trilogy, (or in this case a quartet), with the last book, then re-read the first ones before I read the last one. Kind of makes me feel like I'm reading the complete; whole story then. :)

Kerri Levine | 80 comments Amar, with NR I know it will be good, but it's never long enough ;)

Sherry, I do the same thing. In fact, I often end up with a double re-read because I whip through them too quickly!

Sherry (wstridgerunner) LOL, okay! As long as I'm not the only one, then I won't think I'm a little crazy! :D

Amar | 134 comments Sherry I do that too, in fact, I've felt like rereading the other quartet books several times now but am holding off until April.

Sherry (wstridgerunner) Same here, cause I know I'm going to re-read the first three when the fourth comes out...:D

Karen Cox | 14 comments I also re-read once the new one comes out. I can't wait.

Ashley♥Alexis i really didnt like this one as much as i liked Vision in Whitebut i still enjoyed it.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Bed of Roses (other topics)
Savor the Moment (other topics)
The Search (other topics)
Vision in White (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nora Roberts (other topics)