Bookmarks Subscribers discussion

Games Readers Play > Rhyme Time

Comments (showing 1-50 of 624) (624 new)    post a comment »

Lisa (lbhick) | 986 comments Rhyme a word in the title of a book with a word in another title. For instance, if I named:

Bridge of Sighs by Richard Russo Bridge of Sighs by Richard Russo

Then the next person could name:
Lies My Teacher Told Me  Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong by James W. Loewen Lies My Teacher Told Me Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong by James W. Loewen

rhyming words: sighs, lies

*Please note the rhyming words for your entry.

Lisa (lbhick) | 986 comments Let the rhyming begin.......

The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs

Jennifer D (DawsonOakes) | 211 comments
Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe  A Novel by Fannie FlaggFried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe A Novel by Fannie Flagg

rhyming words: potato/tomato

message 9: by Jaime (last edited Oct 23, 2009 12:44PM) (new)

Jaime | 216 comments Down These Mean Streets by Piri ThomasDown These Mean Streets by Piri Thomas

Rhyming Words: Green/Mean

Aylin (Aylin☼) | 16 comments The Giver (The Giver, #1) by Lois Lowry

The Giver:by Lois Lowry

rhyming words: river/giver

LynnB | 1455 comments Moonflower Vine by Jetta CarletonMoonflower Vine by Jetta Carleton

rhyming words: spine/vine

Lisa (lbhick) | 986 comments The Well and the Mine by Gin Phillips The Well and the Mine bynGin Phillips

rhyming words: vine/mine

Jennifer D (DawsonOakes) | 211 comments The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

well / bell

Jaime | 216 comments A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee WilliamsA Streetcar Named DesireBy Tennessee Williams

Rhyming Words: Jar/Streetcar

Lisa (lbhick) | 986 comments The Devil Who Tamed Her by Johanna Lindsey The Devil Who Tamed Her by Johanna Lindsey

rhyming words: named/tamed

LynnB | 1455 comments Blue Shoe by Anne LamottBlue Shoe by Anne Lamott

rhyming words: who/shoe

Jennifer D (DawsonOakes) | 211 comments
I Know This Much Is True  by Wally Lamb I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb

true/blue/shoe

message 22: by LynnB (last edited Oct 24, 2009 11:42AM) (new)

LynnB | 1455 comments What a title, Lisa!!

Rabbit at Rest by John UpdikeRabbit at Rest by John Updike

rhyming words: quest/rest

Lisa (lbhick) | 986 comments Lynn wrote: "What a title, Lisa!!

I actually have the book. I found that and several of Lancaster's other titles at Goodwill. Another Goodreads friend told me this one was very good.

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson

Jaime | 216 comments One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey

Rhyme: Best/Nest

Jennifer D (DawsonOakes) | 211 comments Seen It All and Done the Rest  A Novel by Pearl Cleage Seen it All and Done the Rest by Pearl Cleage

rest/nest

LynnB | 1455 comments Under the Dome  A Novel by Stephen KingUnder the Dome: A Novel by Stephen King

rhyming words: home/dome

Betsy (ebburtis) | 663 comments Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton

This is too fun! Love it.

rhyming words: Dome/Frome

Lisa (lbhick) | 986 comments I've got to ask if anyone has read The Worst Hard Time The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl? I noticed a copy at Goodwill and almost picked it up. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the book.

The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove by Christopher Moore The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove by Christopher Moore

rhyming words: dust/lust

Cherylann | 55 comments Lisa, I read The Worst Hard Time a few years ago. I will preface this by saying that I'm fascinated by the Great Depression and the Dust Bowl (I have a friend who thinks I've lived through it in a past life). I found this book terrific. I liked that it wasn't all facts. The People's voices come through loud and clear. If you see if again at Goodwill, pick it up. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Lisa (lbhick) | 986 comments Thanks Cherylann! Yours is the second endorsement I got for the book. I'll look to see if GW still has the book next week.

Cherylann | 55 comments Now to rhyme book titles:
Wizards  Stories of Magic, Mischief and Mayhem by Jennifer Schwamm Willis

rhyming words: Lizard/Wizard

LynnB | 1455 comments Lisa wrote: "I've got to ask if anyone has read The Worst Hard Time The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl? I noticed a copy at Goodwill and almost picked it up. Jus..."

Yep, I've read it too. Our local university had it as the one campus/one book choice. The author came and spoke on campus too. It was very good (both the book and the author's talk)!

message 36: by LynnB (last edited Oct 25, 2009 10:51AM) (new)

LynnB | 1455 comments That's a hard one to rhyme with!

Tales from Gizzard's Grill by Jeanne Steig
Tales from Gizzard's Grill by Jeanne Steig

rhyming words: wizards/gizzards

Jaime | 216 comments The Subtle Knife (His Dark Materials, Book 2) by Philip Pullman The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman

Rhyming words: wife/knife

Helen | 10 comments Lynn wrote: "The Worst Hard Time  The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl by Timothy Egan[book:The Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bo..."

Good morning,
Lisa, our book group read "The Worst hard Time"ect. and over all we felt that Timothy was able to bring the life/times alive but without the soap opera feel. I know, for myself, I liked the book despite the telling of honorific suffering.
I will be interested in hearing what you think.

message 42: by LynnB (last edited Oct 26, 2009 08:05AM) (new)

LynnB | 1455 comments The Face of Fear by Dean KoontzThe Face of Fear by Dean Koontz

rhyming words: space/face

Jaime | 216 comments Case Histories  A Novel by Kate Atkinson Case Histories A Novel By Kate Atkinson

rhyming words: face/case

LynnB | 1455 comments Let's try that again... This is one I recently read and enjoyed...

The Lace Makers of Glenmara by Heather BarbieriThe Lace Makers of Glenmara by Heather Barbieri

rhyming words: case/lace

message 45: by Lisa (last edited Oct 27, 2009 08:48PM) (new)

Lisa (lbhick) | 986 comments Breaker's Reef (Cape Refuge Series) by Terri Blackstock Breaker's Reef by Terri Blackstock

rhyming words: makers/breaker's

message 47: by Aylin (last edited Oct 28, 2009 01:40PM) (new)

Aylin (Aylin☼) | 16 comments The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Díaz

rhyming words: leaf/ brief

Betsy (ebburtis) | 663 comments One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) by Janet Evanovich
One for the Money

rhyming words: Funny/Money

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13