Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

Chit Chat - Getting to Know You > Just need to share...

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Book Huntress (BookHuntress) | 84 comments So I just needed to share with people who would totally get where I am coming from / why I am excited: went to the library yesterday and they are in the midst of having their Annual Book Sale - when I was there a week or so ago there wasn't really anything I was interested in so i wasn't even going to look, but hubby was with me and thank goodness he looked cause I got some great deals!!! I ended up with 5 hardcover books for $20!!! Here's the kicker though 2 are LKH books, 1 being her latest one Skin Trade!!! The other 3 are Woman's Murder Club, hoping that since I liked the show (while it was on) I will like the books...

Anyways knew that you all would get my excitement, my husband just laughs and shakes his head...

message 2: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

♥Tricia♥ (WickedEnchantment) | 1167 comments Mod
WOW!!!

Omg I am so jealous! I love these sales!!

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 105 comments My library never has sales! Very jealous.

new_user Try another library, LOL. ;)

Barbara ★ My library has sales every quarter. hardcovers are $1 and paperback are 5 for $1. I must admit that I get carried away buying 3 or 4 bags of books. I love it but my small apartment is getting overrun with books.

message 6: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

That is actually one of the reasons I got an ereader! lol

I still buy tons of books.. Now I buy even more! lol.. paperback AND ebooks!

Barbara ★ I've found out of state library sales using this website seems to work for the US only though.

www.booksalefinder.com

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (BriansGirlKate) My library has a romance book sale valentine's day weekend, otherwise it's one HUGE GIGANTIC sale in the city auditorium every July. Books are 50 cents each. I do wish they had a sale room at the library so I could get more year round. (Instead I browse the thrift shops).

message 9: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

I am going to have to keep a better eye out on sales in my library's hehe

I admit, I don't get out much other then to work and back lol.
The internet is a wonderful thing :D

MK (Food actvist) (Daalmonette) | 902 comments Mod
I LOVE SALES! I get your excitement Jennifer. That's great you found such great deals. Our bookstore[Friends of the Library @ the Library:] has an annual Buck A Bag sale where you can stuff a plastic bag full of books for $1.

message 11: by new_user (last edited Oct 09, 2009 09:11AM) (new)

new_user LOL. I usually have to go to other libraries for their sales. Our local one is pathetic, LOL.

Teresa | 25 comments I'm just surprised you husband actually knows where the library is let alone goes with you. No that's mean. I think I'm jealous. Lucky girl. If my husband and I even walk by a Borders he just looks at me sideways, rolls his eyes, and sighs "Go ahead". The only thing he reads are auto magazines and tools guides. If he's bored and I'm reading he'll ask me what my book is about....well babe, see there's this girl who's a half breed vampire and she hunts vampires....or this werewolf who is also a late night radio dj who gives advice to vampires and werewoves and stuff.......Then he just looks at me like I'm crazy... Whatever

message 13: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

My boyfriend does the same thing Teresa! lol

Book Huntress (BookHuntress) | 84 comments LOL oh he knows where it is since I'm always like "since you are going out can you stop by and pick up a book the library has on hold for me??" LOL

No seriously I am very fortunate in that he will "indulge" me with book stores etc. He does read as well, just not to the extent that I do - only you all get that!!!! LOL

Oh and as to the what kind of books I am into lately (aka this group)- trust me the eye rolls are abounding in my house, he doesn't even ask anymore - just calls them my "vampire smut books" - I tried to explain that some have werewolves but that just earned me another bigger eye roll....

message 15: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

That's what my dad used to call the books when I was younger. Well am sure he still does, I don't get to visit as often any more since I am in a different state now lol.

I try not to let it bother me, especially when my family is concerned, but even books with no sex get labeled *smut* and its annoying to hear.

Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads

unread topics | mark unread