BooksOnBoard: a Place for Ebook and Audiobook Fans discussion

Maya Banks Giveaway! Sept 24th- Oct 4th!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 118) (118 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Kana (last edited Oct 06, 2009 04:25PM) (new)

Kana Shae | 8 comments
Thank you all for your participation -- to see if you are one of our top winners go here:
http://www.booksonboard.com/index.php...

--------------------------------------------------

To celebrate the October 4th release of Sweet Seduction, the third book in Maya Banks' Sweet Surrender collection, BooksOnBoard is giving away gift certificates, 10 copies of Sweet Surrender, and one COMPLETE 3-book set!

To Enter:
All you have to do is reply to this post,explaining what you like about ebooks and you are automatically entered. We will pick the winners from the best responses.

s

Good Luck and thank you for participating!

CLICK HERE for more info & to WATCH our Podcast interview with Maya! (out Oct 4th)!

Get a FREE Sneak Peek of Maya's New Book (out Oct 4th): Download Chapters 1-3 of "Sweet Seduction"!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I seriously have four books in my purse right now... I like to read several at once so I can pick and choose depending on my mood.

I need e-books--one convenient, lightweight source! My back will thank me for it one day...

Lydiasantangelo | 1 comments Love the convenience! But for me, the greatest factor is definitely the fact that eBooks minimize negative environmental impact. Saves trees AND eBooks don't require gallons of gas to transport... and I don't need to waste gas driving to the bookstore. I'm an eBook reader for life!

message 4: by Jen (new)

Jen (buddyfozzy) | 1 comments I love ebooks! Their ease of use is wonderful. I'm disabled and have almost no use of my arms and hands. I was always so frustrated with the amount of time and energy it took to turn pages that I would often not read at all. Then I found ebooks. What a fantastic discovery! Now I can read as much as I want with only a few simple clicks of the mouse. Ebooks have really changed my life!

message 5: by Karin (new)

Karin | 1 comments The best think about ebooks is the convenience of having multiple books in one location - be it an ereader, a cell phone, or a laptop - without having to lug around all the weight of hard copies. While I use my laptop for all my ebooks, it's still lighter than the number of books I'm likely to pack in my backpack when I travel.

However, another great thing about ebooks is that you don't have to worry about people giving you derisive looks when they see the cover of the romance novel you're reading. You can sit in any public place and read whatever you want without anyone else knowing, and judging, what you're reading.

And another benefit of ebooks is that you can make the font bigger if you want. I know this is helpful for my grandmother because she doesn't have the best sight and it can be hard to find the books she likes in larger print.

message 6: by Sue (new)

Sue A. | 1 comments I'm traveling for an extended period of time and have found it convenient to take my e-books with me rather than a bunch of paperbacks. This leaves more room in my luggage for all the books I'll be taking back home.

message 7: by Nanci (new)

Nanci Jo | 1 comments Went to ebooks a few years ago. Two reasons I ran out of storage space for keeping my "favorites" and the selections that I want to buy on line are available where ever I am to buy. I read mine on computers and my mini lap top. I like the idea of saving trees, no more traveling to the store and not finding anything I want to read and the variety of choices available to me.

message 8: by pwnic78 (new)

pwnic78 | 1 comments I love that ebooks are right there when I want them. If I want to read a certain book, I can just download it right now! It's been great. I also really appreciate the privacy. I don't have to go to the bookstore to pick up my guilty pleasures and feel like I'm being judged on the books I pick up. And, that happens when you read cheesy romance novels or any other great novel with a ridiculous cover! Haha! Be brave, I know, but it's hard when the hot guy at barnes and noble gives you weird looks.

Currently I'm enjoying the fact that I can keep all the books on my laptop. I checked out like 80 ebooks from my online local library this summer. I can't even imagine seeing them piled here in my room. Or even having to go to my local library. I hate that place. :|

Oh! Also I am a college student at a top party school (Go bobcats) and I can pretend that I am just messing around on facebook instead of (oh the horror) reading. Sad, but true. Ebooks makes this oh so convenient. :)

message 9: by Shari (new)

Shari Richardson (shari_richardson) | 1 comments As an avid reader I have always both dreaded and looked forward to the end of a book. On one hand, I had reached the end of a tale that had kept me enthralled and engaged for the length of the pages upon which it was told. On the other, I was finished with that tale and would have to wait to get a new book to read.

With ebooks I can carry with me many books at once. I can start a new book immediately upon finishing one and I can get new books faster than I ever could with paper books.

Now I don't have to pause in my pursuit of fantasy, romance, horror or mystery. I can just keep following those characters I love without pause.

message 10: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 2 comments What do I LIKE about e-books?

I LOVE that my e-reader keeps my page for me. For all the times I'm unceremoniously interrupted from my reading (fall asleep, break time is over, etc etc).

I LOVE that the e-book format allows me to carry around a zillion books in one tiny electronic gizmo. Who doesn't like to have some choices?

I LOVE that I can read whatever I want, whenever I want, and not have to worry about whether the cover is too steamy for the general public.

and mostly, I LOVE that I read faster when reading in e-book format, because it means I can read MORE.

message 11: by Mrs. (new)

Mrs. Loch | 1 comments I love ebooks because they make it easier to read while breastfeeding my daughter. It's a whole lot easier to turn the page on an ebook than on a dead tree book.

message 12: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 1 comments Ebook is a life saver for me (Or maybe I should say a back saver?)
I'm an English literature (and Classical Studies) student at University, and get to read so many novels for school which is great - but it kind of gets not so fun when you are prescribed 18 books to read in one trimester! Printed books are so expensive (I'm in New Zealand - $36.99 for a new release novel), and lugging them around in a backpack isn't much fun when there are so many. With an ebook, I can have all the books I need for school in one teeny-tiny little package.

I love that when a new book is released (Such as Maya Banks' Songbird which I brought the day it was released), I can purchase it and be reading within seconds, instead of waiting for delivery or to go to a bookstore (especially since being in NZ means books arrive weeks after release or I have to pay extorinate shipping prices).

Basically, I love everything about ebooks!

Reading smut on the train when no one can tell is fun too!

message 13: by Christiana (new)

Christiana Toups (tgtct) | 1 comments What I love about e-books is that they can go with me everywhere. My book reader fits in all of my bags. When I am stuck in traffic, in a waiting room, time at lunch, or anywhere the books are there.

I have over one thousand paper books. They are in boxes everywhere. My digital books take a fraction of the physical space (they are on memory cards) and they provide the same amount of enjoyment and less chance of paper cuts. Also, I do not have to drive to a store or wait on the UPS driver. Digital books are just a few clicks of a mouse away!

message 14: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Guertin (LisaG63) | 1 comments To me the best things about ebooks are their portability, the fact that I can carry 150 books with me at a time, and that they all fit in one small space.

message 15: by Jeffrey (new)

Jeffrey (jeffreyturner) | 1 comments Ebooks are a revolutionary product that needs to be infuse into a stagnant market in desperate need of a Renaissance.

In the 1988 film 'Big' the last product Tom Hank's character presented to the toy manufacturers was an electronic comic book reader. They said it would retail for 20 bucks and you could place a cartage in to change the adventure.

"What kid is gunna spend 20 bucks on a comic book."

Obviously they didn't get it. The kid would pay 20 bucks for a comic book reader and only spend a few bucks on the subsequent cartage based comics. This was the selling point they did not understand.

Today, eBooks are all over the place from the obvious contenders and from the professional and well thought out Books on Board.

Not only do they sell an ebook reader that is not tied/locked down just to their store, they also send out - if you are on their email list - info on new releases, promo codes and info on ebook sales as well as free ebook downloads from publishers. Not only that, they actually show celebrities reading ebooks on the Cybook Opus. And not second rate celebs either. Names like Jennie Garth (90210) reading Twilight, Lori Loughlin (90210, Full House) reading The Time Traveler's Wife, Alex Trebek (Jeperdy) posing at the Daytime Emmys with the Cybook Opus, and Susan Lucci reading, and being astonished by the Cybook Opus' great reading experience.

I, on the other hand, read ebooks on my computer and love the fact - now that computers have become so ubiquitous - I can pull up an ebook whenever I want and start or continue reading it from where I left off.

What am I reading in ebook format right now? Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol. I'll tell you how it goes.

Jamie

message 16: by Sherry (new)

Sherry | 2 comments I've been hooked on ebooks for at least the past 3 yrs. or so. I started out reading on the computer. I liked the fact that you could get a book instantly. If I had a bad case of insomnia get up and buy a book & instant satisfaction. Now since I've gotten the Kindle App on my iPhone I love it. I have my cellphone with me 24/7 and I've got tons of books on it. Like having my own personal library with me at all times! :)

message 17: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn | 1 comments I discovered ebooks early this year and I'm hooked! I love the convenience and they're space-savers. Good for the environment, too!

message 18: by Jeanine (new)

Jeanine (TheFicster) | 1 comments I love ebooks, my Kindle is the best. I didn't think that I would like them, but now I prefer them to print books. They sure take up a lot less space. And they are good for the environment. Maya is the best... :) I would love to get any of her books.

message 19: by Kerry (new)

Kerry | 1 comments Ex-pats love ebooks too!

I've been living abroad for several years now and I can't tell you how frustrating it is to have to order books online and then impatiently wait for weeks - sometimes months (seriously) for the books to arrive. Not to mention they don't always get here - getting lost in transit or stolen by unscrupulous postal workers!!! Don't even get me started about about freight costs.

Then - along came ebooks. Log on, click a button to download, and there it is on my ereader. It's like magic. I ADORE ebooks!

message 20: by Nightwolfdreams (last edited Sep 25, 2009 07:06PM) (new)

Nightwolfdreams | 1 comments In all brutal honestly... books are my addiction, I must have been absent the day they gifted women with the love of shoes, clothes and make-up, books are my outlet and a curse to my poor bank account. I average 4-5 books a week across many many writers. So as you can imagen I have alot of books... *coughs 2000+*

Unfortunatly I work on an oil rig... long 12 hour shifts with some days of doing nothing. At those times I can read 2, 400-500 page books in a day... I need alot of books.

E-books have become my savior and my curse! I currently have 250+ on my computer, 175 on my e-reader. Some of which I have not even read yet! Yes it is true, I do own books I have not read yet! (Give me a week ;p)

E-books fill my time, keep my mind active, let my imagination run away with me. Ponder killing off main female characters becuase the men in the books are FAR too good for them and they should be with me. I blame it all on BooksOnBoard... its ALL their fault ;p

E-books are evvvvil, but in a good, I can't leave home without them kinda way!

message 21: by Deidre (new)

Deidre Durance (ddurance) | 1 comments Not only do I like to read ebooks, I would love to write them. In this digital age, anyone with the desire and talent along with internet access can quite possibly become a published author. After becoming a published author of ebooks, who knows, the sky's the limit.
Ebooks give us access to many more types and genres of writing than most of us would be able to find in a typical brick and mortar bookstore. Regardless of what you like, you can find it somewhere in an ebook. Also, should you be concerned about the looks people and cashiers give you for the books you are buying, there are no such looks in ebook purchasing as you don't have to see anyone and as far as instant gratification goes, ebooks just can't be beat.

Deidre

message 22: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (wilssearch) | 2 comments I am a newby to e-books. I am an avid book reader, but I have run out of room to store books. I have several thousand - I have not counted them yet. So recently I started getting e-books and am enjoying them but they do not replace the feel of the book in my hand. Also, I am not willing to buy a special reader at this time. But when I get my new I-phone, I will be able to have lots of books with all the time and not have to worry about carry them around. This is a good thing!

message 23: by Gina (new)

Gina Marie | 1 comments I have given away nearly 1000 books in the last year and still the books are taking over my living space. The 5-600 e-books make life much simple and makes my landlord happy since they aren't a fire hazard. I love my books but ebooks allow me to read and control the print size as well so fewer headaches. I average reading 2-3 books a day, everyday so ebooks are a good thing for me and my eyes.

message 24: by Venetia (new)

Venetia  (goodreadscomJane) | 1 comments I love the ease of them. I can get them off line at anytime day or night when I really need a good book, which for me is a lot of times. I love reading them on my computer as well, due to the adjustment of the text size, and I can have so many saved on the computer and not as many on my overflowing shelfs. Also ebooks have so much variety to choose from you can always find just what you are needing to read!

message 25: by Linda (new)

Linda (ReadingIsSoMuchFun) | 1 comments What I love about E-books is they don't take over my bed room like my fiance always tell me LoL. Also I love that you can buy E-books and receive them in no waiting time like you would have to if you was to buy a print book. No shipping waiting at all. Also they are so much fun to read as well as prints are.

message 26: by Pam (new)

Pam Kinsey | 1 comments I love the convenience especially that I can get something to read in the middle of the night if I am so inclined and since I'm not a particularly patient person this works well for me. I love that I can have over 200 books on my ebookwise and carry it around in my purse. Great for long trips. And my books shelves do not get as crowded and I can keep more books just in case I want to do a reread without them taking over my whole house. Just wish all books came out in ebook and that you could get them in any format. I know not all readers use the same format but you should be able to purchase them in the format you use or be able to convert them for your own personal use easily.

message 27: by Allison (new)

Allison | 2 comments As a reader, there are numerous things to like about ebooks. I hope e-publishing has given authors and readers lots more creative freedom in what they can choose to write and read. E-publishers are able to give more new authors a chance as (hopefully?) the risks of publishing a new author may not be as limiting, if that makes sense. And authors that write shorter or longer stories have equal opportunity to be published in e-format as they are not restricted by (paper) printing costs etc. Overall, this would diversify the worlds, relationship dynamics, issues that we will find in the stories which mean more great reading for everyone!

As well there is definitely the portability factor - having a large selection of reads in one handy place to choose from depending on my mood/what I feel like (re) reading. And as others have mentioned the immediacy (of access) and environmental benefits of ebooks. For me, there is still that "special something" of holding a good read/book in your hands, but e-reading is definitely a comparable and desireable alternative!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I was vehemently against ebooks for a really long time. I like the feel of a book in my hands and seeing my shelf nice and full. Then I learned about authors whose work only comes out in ebook and wondered what I was missing. So, I asked for an ereader for my birthday and have since fallen in love with it.

I live in a very small town with no book stores apart from whatever Walmart carries. I was in the middle of a series and realized I didn't have the next one. Instead of ordering it online and waiting, I was able to download the ebook immediately and keep reading. Instant gratification at its finest.

Alot of times the price is better and especially if I'm trying something new that I might hate, paying a smaller price is easier on my conscience.

I will never give up completely on print books, but I love being able to download something right away if the mood strikes.

message 29: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Lemanski (catedid) | 1 comments I love that e-books take up, are easier to buy and receive and come in a large variety of genres. I believe that e-publishers have enable more authors to be published and given us readers a wider variety of stories to read. I, like so many that have commented here, read a great deal and am running out of room to have print books (plus my husband keeps wanting to get rid of them). I can store my e-books out of his way and not listen to him comment on how many I have.

message 30: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 1 comments I love the convenience of e-books, especially when I am travelling. And the immediacy of access is just great -- especially when I stumble across a new (to me) author or series. I have little patience to wait a few weeks to have it sent (I am currently living in E. Europe) and English language books are not always easily available in the bookstores here. e-books are a godsend for me right now!

That being said, I will never give up print books.

message 31: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Klemmer (jonest1212) | 1 comments I absolutely LOVE my e-book reader for a variety of reasons. I received my e-book reader as a Christmas/Wedding present in December of last year. I knew I was moving to Europe where it is sometimes hard to come by the books you really want to read in the language you speak. With my e-book reader all I have to do is go online to a variety of book stores and with in seconds I have the book I want. Its wonderful and actually a little more convenient than taking a trip to the bookstores only to wait a week or two for the book to be shipped to them. When I want to read a book I want to read it now!
The only thing I have trouble with (personally), is that I get on the website to by a book and end up buying 4-5. I do the same thing in a book store. I just get so excited for all the books. I have a book addiction!!!

message 32: by Moran (new)

Moran | 1 comments I love ebooks because I live outside of the US and shipping costs are very expensive so by buying ebooks I can read all the new books and save money. Before ebooks I paid so much on shipping costs and I had to wait a long time for the books to arrive but now I can read all the latest books the day they are released!

message 33: by Anna (new)

Anna (s7anna) | 2 comments I love ebooks because I have access to so many more authors...I love finding new authors to fall in love with...I love the convenience of being able to read whenever I want...I just pull out my iPhone & I'm ready to go...It also is such a great thing for the environment...as much as I love the real thing...I hate that we are completely depleting our planet of its resources...ebooks are not only practical but they are an ethical product...

message 34: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 1 comments I love my ebooks. A few years back I found myself waiting in my car...waiting for a late train to arrive, waiting for soccer practice to end, waiting at doctors/dentist office. As luck would have it, I would forget my book or heavens forbid read that last page. I owned a palm and always carried it with me. Aha! I discovered ebooks. Today I also own a sony ereader. I recently went away and hubby says,"great investment with the reader we have one less bag to check in."
So, the top reasons I like ebooks are ease of portability[see above:], space[closets,bookcases,bins under bed are full:], instant gratification[releases today. I can read it today especially when a book releases in ebook but print will be 6 months or a year away:], privacy[kiddies don't see what mom is reading as covers are getting more sexy:],last but not least the view[since I now wear reading glasses I can make the print BIGGER..no more squinting at the tiny print:]
Love my e books. Will never give then up!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I like that I can have so many books in one place and at one time, that way I can switch books/genres easily instead of carrying half a dozen books around with me - I've got a tendency to read several at once and I'm a very fast reader so ebooks are a lifesaver

message 36: by Krystle (new)

Krystle (tarifelagund) | 1 comments I love being able to have hundreds of books with me without having to suffer back-pains and being to finally have some space in my tiny bedroom from not having to buy print books!

message 37: by Sonya (new)

Sonya | 1 comments Hi. I love ebooks, because this means that I can buy as many as I want to and I am not taking up any space in the house, my husband complains about this all the time,as I have too many paperbacks.
The easy of using ebooks is great. I can take as many books as I want at one time. Sometimes I like to have a variety of books to read, it all depends on the mood I am in. So ebooks makes this very easy to do so and without taking up space in my bag like paperbacks.

message 38: by Phyllis (new)

Phyllis N Crabtree (PhyllisC1) | 1 comments I love ebooks because they are easy to carry, they save storage space and they satisfy the desire to read a story almost instantly. They provide instant gratification when a new book is available. I never leave home without a book (more like several) and if I'm not sure what story I'll be in the mood to read, I can carry a variety with me all the time.

message 39: by Booklover1335 (new)

Booklover1335 | 1 comments Ebooks...I love ebooks :) I am relatively new to the whole ebook reading thing. Like many I was hesitant to get a digital reader because I love reading from a paper book, and absolutely hated reading ebooks on my computer. I thought to myself, Why would reading digital books on a computer be any different than reading on an ereader? But as many new authors emerged and were only being published digitally I decided to buy one. After all, if I hated reading them on the ereader as much as on the computer, I could sell the device on Ebay w/o much loss of $.
I love my ereader, just as much as my paper books. I am a convert, and Books on Board is my preferred ebook store. Here are my reasons: like many others I like the fact that it is more environmentally conscious, and also like others I can store several books and read them at my convenience and is easily portable. But the reasons I love ebooks the most are threefold:

First-I am a serious romance reader addict. I go by "Booklover" for a reason :) And because of my book addiction I have an even more serious storage issue, and hate to part with a beloved read...even if I never read it again. Ebooks are the perfect solution to that as I can be my book hoarder self and keep all of the ones I want, delete the ones I don't, but most importantly my book collection is only limited to the amount of memory storage I have, not square footage.

Second: Some of my fav authors like Maya Banks publish both in print and digitally, and some of their books are only available digitally at first ( ie Samhain). Being a huge fan of hers and having to wait to get the book in print seems like an absolute eternity! I'm too impatient to read her next book to wait the 6 mos- yr for them to put the same story in print...at a much higher cost. It's instant gratification, and bigger variety.

Third: Last but not least, is the cost. Most (but not all) digital books are cheaper therefore I can buy more :) I love that! And what's even better is that most authors get larger royalties for ebooks so it's a win/win for everyone. I get books I love at a great price, and authors get the income they need in order to be able to continue feeding my addiction...i mean continue writing :) And Books on Board sweetens the deal by offering reader rewards for purchases, on top of having great prices to begin with. It's one of the reasons why it's my first stop in ebook shopping.

Thanks for the great giveaway and would absolutely love to win one, or all of the Sweet series by Maya!

message 40: by Jenni (new)

Jenni J. (jsjacobs44) | 3 comments I love e-books because of the convenience of them. I know that sounds weird, but I love the fact that I can go online at any time and buy a book, start a new adventure without having to go anywhere! Plus, I've found some awesome new authors that I never would have started reading if I hadn't stumbled across my first e-book store. Since then I've bought more e-books then paperbacks and am loving every second.
The second best thing is the traveling quality. My dad's retired military, but we still move around and travel a lot, so instead of having to choose two or three books from my giant collection of books, I can carry around the hundreds of e-books that I own in my Sony PRS-505. I have all the books I want at the touch of a button, it's amazing!!
But the main reason I love them is the fact that I can broaden my reading genres instead of just living with the mainstream romances that they sell about bookstores. Some of my favorite, Katie Allen, Madelaine Montague, J.J. Massa, Melinda Barron, and Leah Brooke are not sold at the bookstores so I have to either buy the print from the online store, or buy the e-book and save space and money!!!!
E-books are definitely my savior!

message 41: by Keira (last edited Sep 28, 2009 07:57AM) (new)

Keira | 1 comments Kana wrote: " To celebrate the October 4th release of Sweet Seduction, the third book in Maya Banks' Sweet Surrender collection, BooksOnBoard is giving away gift certificates, 10 copies of Sweet Surrender, an..."

I love e-books because they're so much easier to carry around and there's no shipping involved and you know exactly what you're getting.There's more space in my room.

message 42: by Strauchon (new)

Strauchon | 1 comments I love ebooks. I like the convenience of having all my books with me when I travel in one small place. I like that ebooks are more environmentally friendly, Some authors that I read only have books available by ebook, and now with my reader I can take them with me and not have to read them only in my computer. I love having a lighter purse, book bag and luggage!

message 43: by Megs (new)

Megs (megs_z) | 1 comments I spend so much time travelling between home, work and school and I love that with my Sony Reader I can bring all my favourite books without weighing down my bag even more.

message 44: by Robin (new)

Robin (robincgreene) | 1 comments I love reading ebooks on my old Palm T3. I have both a space issue and I'm better off without tons of dust catching books.

message 45: by R (new)

R (rm2h) | 4 comments I like to read ebooks either on my laptop and ebookwise reader. When I travel it is nice to be able to have books of different genres so I am not limited on what I want to read.

message 46: by Ridley (new)

Ridley I love ebooks because they're easier for me to read.

I drew the short straw in life and ended up with a neurological disorder that has left me an adorable little cripple. Amongst other issues, my hand muscles have wasted away and what's left is prone to twitches and cramps. Holding a book open with one hand is a distant memory and the back cramps from holding them open with two hands are a recent memory.

I can read ebooks on my computer from my cadillac of an office chair (leather? memory foam? the size of a laz-e-boy? don't mind if I do) pain-free for hours at a time. I plan to buy an ereader this fall and reacquaint myself with other rooms in the house.

If it weren't for ebooks, I'd probably not read a quarter of what I do.

message 47: by Ellen (last edited Sep 26, 2009 10:26AM) (new)

Ellen (Ellenann) | 1 comments I got hooked on e-books about 8 months ago. Didnt realize how easy and convenience they were. I read my e-books on my mini dell. I plan to get me a e-reader in the near future, still can not decide which one to get.
When I want something to read its nice to beable to go on line and go to booksonboard or mybookstoreandmore(these are my fav.)and find me a book to read, no matter what time of day or night then instant gratification.
I dont have alot of space to store books so e-books are perfect for me, no more hunting for that book I want to read again just have to touch couple buttons and there it is. I also like that they cost less then a paper book so I can buy more e-books for my money.I like the fact that it is more environmentally conscious, and I can store my books and read them at my convenience.

message 48: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (CherylMc) I started reading ebooks because I review romance books for a popular website in the US, but I live in Canada. Having ebooks sent to me was quick and easy, plus much cheaper ; -). I love ebooks now because of the convenience, I can buy a book at midnight while sitting home on my computer instead of having to drive to the nearest bookstore. I love ebooks because of my storage issues. I live in a small bungalow and between my husband and 2 kids, we don't have a lot of space for my many overflowing bookshelves, and yet I hate parting with my books. With ebooks, I can store several hundred in less space than one paperback takes up! I love ebooks because many e-publishers take chances in their authors, and you can often find really different and groundbreaking stories in digital that you will probably never see in print. I am currently hinting to Santa that I would love a new Sony reader for Christmas, if he comes through for me, I can definitely see me switching to almost 100% ebooks in the future~

message 49: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1 comments I love e-books because they save me $$ and bookshelve spacee (which my hubby loves). I just LOVED the first 2 books in this series and I can't wait for this one to be released!!
Maya- Your books ROCK!! Keep writing!!!!!!

message 50: by Gale (new)

Gale | 1 comments I love e-books because I can buy from home anytime of the day or night. They also don't take up room, which I'm out of. Also I love the ability to change the font size for easier reading. And when traveling I can take hundreds of books with me, instead of just 3 or 4 paperbacks.

« previous 1 3

BooksOnBoard: a Place for Ebook and Audiobook Fans

unread topics | mark unread