Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

Series Discussions (Spoilers) > Meredith Gentry

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie (last edited Sep 14, 2009 07:08AM) (new)

Jackie (Literary Escapism) (LiteraryEscapism) Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
Laurell K. Hamilton

Laurell K. Hamilton was born in Heber Springs, Arkansas but grew up in Sims, Indiana, a hamlet with a population of about one hundred souls. Laurell's mother died in a car crash in 1969, after which time her grandmother held the household together. Her mother's death, her grandmother's role in raising her, and having grown up with no men in the home are "the three things that made who I am," she says. She still believes she would have grown up to be a writer regardless.

In 1994, Laurell published her first Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter book, Guilty Pleasures, and she hasn't stopped writing since. She has written nine additional Anita Blake books, and in October, 2000, began the New York Times bestselling Meredith Gentry series for Ballantine Books. She says she writes because to not write -- even for her own enjoyment -- would be like not breathing. It is just something she has to do. She now resides in St. Louis, Missouri with her husband, her young daughter, three pug dogs, and an ever-fluctuating assortment of fish. -via Fantastic

Meredith Gentry Series (in order):
A Kiss of Shadows (Meredith Gentry, #1)  by Laurell K. Hamilton [image error] Seduced by Moonlight (Meredith Gentry, #3)  by Laurell K. Hamilton A Stroke of Midnight (Meredith Gentry, #4)  by Laurell K. Hamilton Mistral's Kiss (Meredith Gentry, #5)  by Laurell K. Hamilton A Lick of Frost (Meredith Gentry, #6)  by Laurell K. Hamilton Swallowing Darkness (Meredith Gentry, #7)  by Laurell K. Hamilton Divine Misdemeanors A Novel (Meredith Gentry, #8) by Laurell K. Hamilton

Series Overview:
Meredith Gentry is a private investigator who specializes in supernatural crime. She has, however, a strange secret. She is in fact a faerie princess in hiding. Her aunt wants her back in the faerie world and the penalty for refusal is death.

message 2: by Book Huntress (new)

Book Huntress (BookHuntress) | 84 comments Wow no one has said anything yet about this series??? Are we all waiting for DM???

Not sure when I will get a hold of it, probably not until Christmas... UGH

message 3: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (Literary Escapism) (LiteraryEscapism) Divine Misdemeanors came out yesterday, so we'll probably start getting comments sooner or later. I wish I had my hands on it already though.

message 4: by Book Huntress (new)

Book Huntress (BookHuntress) | 84 comments I know the wait is killing me!!!! Especially since I don't know if I am getting it or not, I put it on my list for the in-laws but no idea what she did or didn't get, which means if she didn't then I will have to wait til I can go to a store or order it - AHHHHHHHHHH.....

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (Literary Escapism) (LiteraryEscapism) I have it requested at the library and I'm #12 of 15 people! I won't get it for 3 months. :(

Sarah ~Sehrenity~ | 276 comments I was the one who requested my library get a copy, so I ended up being first in line. I got my copy today, but I have to finish Beautiful Creatures before I start.

message 7: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

♥Tricia♥ (WickedEnchantment) | 1167 comments Mod
From a friends review of the book it was very bad. And it seems right a long the same lines of LKH's work actually so I trust the review.

I am not sure I will even bother getting any more of her books to be honest.. she seems to be going downhill in her writing and I am very saddened by that.

message 8: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (Literary Escapism) (LiteraryEscapism) Mmm...differing opinions then. If it's right along the same lines as the last couple, then I can't wait to read it. I liked her last couple of novels and haven't thought her work has suffered. She's getting ready for a new story line and with a series running as long as her other one has, it's kind of needed. :) I can't wait to see where she's taking Merry and Anita.

message 9: by Jessi (new)

Jessi  (JessiM) I just picked up A Kiss of Shadows today. I have read the frist 9 books in the Anita Blake series, so I thought I would give this series a try. So far, only a few chapters in, it is really good. I'm excited to finish it.

message 10: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

♥Tricia♥ (WickedEnchantment) | 1167 comments Mod
A kiss of shadows was AWESOME!!

So much so I am afraid to read the next lol

Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Seduced by Moonlight (other topics)
A Kiss of Shadows (other topics)
Divine Misdemeanors (other topics)
Mistral's Kiss (other topics)
A Lick of Frost (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic