BooksOnBoard: a Place for Ebook and Audiobook Fans discussion

What do you think of Booksonboard.com?

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Wild for Wilde (wildforwilde) Any comments, suggestions, issues, etc?

BooksOnBoard Mod | 1 comments Mod
Love it! One of my favorite places to shop - def. fave eBooks store.

message 3: by Rossy (last edited Sep 16, 2009 07:59PM) (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 57 comments I love it too! Those reward dollars are awesome!
Only suggestion is the wish for more books by different publishers in the m/m genre.

Wild for Wilde (wildforwilde) There should some be in the romance category, they try to add new books as often as possible.

message 5: by Karey (last edited Oct 05, 2009 02:22PM) (new)

Karey (KareyShane) | 5 comments I just went to the website, and it's great to see everything that's available; however, my one question was, "Where is the ABOUT page so I can see what this website is, well, all about?"

I want more information that helps me understand how Books on Board is different from other online book storefronts--maybe it's because it takes me awhile to absorb what's in front of me, whereas other people just look at it and 'get it' right away.

I see under the title that it says "Largest Independent eBookstore," but I don't know enough about the ebookstore concept to know what that means and how I get an ebook into my hands. I wonder, "Are they downloadable books that I print up on my computer, or eReader books?" I hope this input is helpful!

Wild for Wilde (wildforwilde) When you purchase an ebook and ebook device there are some instructions to walk you through but I agree with you, an About page would be very helpful to many people. Thanks for the suggestion!

Karey (KareyShane) | 5 comments You're welcome, Mary Catherine. Keep up the great work!

Kana Shae | 8 comments Rossy wrote: "I love it too! Those reward dollars are awesome!
Only suggestion is the wish for more books by different publishers in the m/m genre. "

Also,we have a featured page for gay & lesbian titles

Any suggestions you have are more than welcome-- we love to find out how your customer experience is!

Kana Shae | 8 comments Karey wrote: "I just went to the website, and it's great to see everything that's available; however, my one question was, "Where is the ABOUT page so I can see what this website is, well, all about?"

I want mo..."

Hey Karey,

Thank you for the suggestion, I completely agree. The "About"/ "New to BoB" page redesign is actually one of my main projects right now! It should be up soon, I'll keep you informed!

Jenni J. (jsjacobs44) | 3 comments I love Books on Board. My favorite website to buy e-books from. The only thing I'm not that hot about is the fact that all Ellora's Cave books are the price of their print books instead of the e-book prices. But other than that, I love shopping there!

Olivia Baumgarten (oliveoyl) | 4 comments I purchase books according to author. It would be nice to be able to easily read the name of the authors of the books on the BooksonBoard messages (sometimes they appear when you mouse over the book and sometimes they don't.

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 57 comments Olivia wrote: "I purchase books according to author. It would be nice to be able to easily read the name of the authors of the books on the BooksonBoard messages (sometimes they appear when you mouse over the bo..."

Oh that's true, sometimes i do a search on an author and nothing comes up. Then i try to google the name along with booksonboard and what do you know?!

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 57 comments Kana wrote: "Rossy wrote: "I love it too! Those reward dollars are awesome!
Only suggestion is the wish for more books by different publishers in the m/m genre. "

Also,we have a featured page for gay & lesbian..."

Thank you Kana! I just put it on my favorite tabs for future reference, i think am going shopping there now though.LOL

Seth Hahne (theDane) | 3 comments So, as a Kindle user, does Booksonboard offer me anything I can't get from Amazon. I noticed there wasn't an installation page for Kindle users as there is for several other platforms. Of the authors I checked, Booksonboard offered one selection that Amazon didn't and it was in eReader format, which I don't know if I can use (plus it was $25 whereas I can get the book in paperback for $10 - I'd rather have my books in digital, but not at a $15 surcharge).

So I guess I'm just curious: what does Booksonboard have to offer someone like me?

Wild for Wilde (wildforwilde) Seth wrote: "So, as a Kindle user, does Booksonboard offer me anything I can't get from Amazon. I noticed there wasn't an installation page for Kindle users as there is for several other platforms. Of the autho..."

Also, here is an easy how-to when using the Kindle on our site:

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.php...

BooksOnBoard: a Place for Ebook and Audiobook Fans

unread topics | mark unread